Toyota Rear Skirt

KaZe-

How is that rear skirt looking Rolling Blk? :)

Any pics?

My car is still at the mechanics majorly fkd the engine. had a car pull out in front of me in the dark with no headlights, i paniced and braked at the same time as shifting down gear to pull up, but i shifted down to many at once and herd a bang, pulled over and turned the car off within seconds. Tried to start it and there was no compresion at all, just the sound of my starter motor ticking over :( . Im supose to be getting the price of the damage this monday. Im not looking forward to that, had just spent over 2k on parts (c/f bonnet, eye lids, rear skirt and coil overs) days before it happened. And being just before xmas everyone had shut up for weeks so i havent had the rolla since. On top of that, work has slowed down majorly so there's no overtime :angry:

but as soon as i get it back and find some cash the parts will be on asap and pics being snaped away to post.

I wonder if my other half would notice money missing from our wedding account? :spiteful::spiteful: haha i dont think im that game lol

Any reply's of sympathy are welcome lol

Dude sorry to hear about that.

What gear were you in when you shifted down?

To be honest, i cant really remember. 4th i think. I was speeding a little :whistling: It was on a back road at about 1am and i had my high beems on so its not like he couldn't see me. maybe i should have braked a little and just hit him, it would have been cheaper that way :P

• 1 month later...

i spoke to the mechanic today the bill is up to $3000 :huh: so far and he's not through with pulling apart the engine to inspect everything but thinks that maybe it.

owch!! man thats gotta hurt still id rather blow the engine than bend the body once its bent its never the same.

as for the skirt i wouldnt mind one and having twin exhausts near the middle poking right through the guts of the skirt i saw a corolla at the last auto salon done that way looked real nice

once its bent its never the same.

I'd beg to differ on that point, but ok.

Always cheaper to fix the body than replace the engine...

he probly means like chassis damage i think also that once the chassis is bent it will never be the same but meeeh thats just me lol

ps. rear skirt rocks XD~

Edited by KaZe-StiVo

isn't someone try to sell a 2zze at the moment?

It might be worth your while to investigate wreckers etc...

heh- try find one of those stolen rollas and use 'em for parts! :spiteful:

(yes, i am quite evil, but do send my condolences to those who are rolla-less)

funny you should say that this time last year my ae92 sx was knocked off

I had thought about buying that engine but the work had already started, pitty it wasn't posted earlier

im up to $4500 for repairs so far the engine was put back in today and apparently there's a horrible noise coming from it or the gear box so they have to investigate that now. Im glad the overtime has started back up at work.

I had thought about buying that engine but the work had already started, pitty it wasn't posted earlier

im up to $4500 for repairs so far the engine was put back in today and apparently there's a horrible noise coming from it or the gear box so they have to investigate that now. Im glad the overtime has started back up at work.

hard luck dude i feel for ya would have been a golden opertunity to do a bit of performance work if you had the spare dosh but now i spose youll have to go easy till its run in again.

should have claimed it under warranty lol! if it were still in warranty

he probly means like chassis damage i think also that once the chassis is bent it will never be the same but meeeh thats just me lol

ps. rear skirt rocks XD~

Dude you saw my car. You would never guess it was destroyed at the front. I've compared it to undamaged models and there is no difference at all, in fact i'd think that our careful work is almost better than standard.

I know i won't have to worry about my sideskirts being stolen, whih on normal rollas is very simple to do.

ps. rear skirt rocks XD~

Dude you saw my car. You would never guess it was destroyed at the front. I've compared it to undamaged models and there is no difference at all, in fact i'd think that our careful work is almost better than standard.

it all depends on the panel beater yes sometimes they come up better than ever and then theres some that come back hell rough

ps. rear skirt rocks XD~

it all depends on the panel beater yes sometimes they come up better than ever and then theres some that come back hell rough

you get what you pay for, or in my case, you get a result thats based on the effort you put in

ps. rear skirt rocks XD~

you get what you pay for, or in my case, you get a result thats based on the effort you put in

that is true when i saw ur car i didint know it had a accident lol but still i think if its chassis damage its chassis damage its like spin damage fixing the spin u can never get it to 100% again mayb at 99% but u do understand wat im saying right? :D

is this the same for the sedan? Will the wagon rear skirt fit on the sedan?

Marcus knows the definite answer to this I think. I remember him answering it a year or two ago. Drop him a PM if he doesn't see your question here.