AEM CAI Group Buy

GAZOOM

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update

I am waiting on 1 more supplier to provide me with a quote who has kindly gone out to get me shipping quotes for USPS, UPS, FedEX, and Bax Global.

To compare which is the cheapest option.

Should get back to me by tommorrow.

Edited by GAZOOM

hey guys been getting quotes from gazoom so far its the shipping, import duty,gst etc thats killing this buy from the looks of things we will prob be looking at 300 AUS even or a little more like 330AUS if you guys are still interested add/remove your names in the original post buyers list. Important that we know final numbers so appreciate if you update your status.

Cheers

Edited by specialized32

hey guys been getting quotes from gazoom so far its the shipping, import duty,gst etc thats killing this buy from the looks of things we will prob be looking at 300 AUS even or a little more like 330AUS if you guys are still interested add/remove your names in the original post buyers list. Important that we know final numbers so appreciate if you update your status.

Cheers

Im happy wth 300-330, put me down

im in sydney

05 sportivo

thanks

List so far edit it if you want out/in

Buyer List(Name, Location, Vehicle)

nek SYD 1zz

SyxXPaC SYD 1zz

specialized32 MEL 2zz X 2 intakes

Tayles ACT 1zz

Grey rolla SYD 1zz

VVTi16v SYD 1zz

Gazoom SYD 1zz

SIL3NT VIC 2zz

wkd26 SYD 2zz

Edited by specialized32

This place here has injen at a fairly decent price $218 USD

http://www.hopupracing.com/inrdcoairint.html

they are cheap yes but dont ship internationally they can to a degree if you pay for all the shipping fees etc after all that bs not worth the price

Does anyone know someone in the US who can get these and ship it to us in Australia???

Also, will i lose any performance installing a CAI if the CAI is my only mod (ie stock exhaust/headers/etc).

Edited by neK

You will prob lose a bit of power down low and response due to the increased length of pipe.

When you say down low... roughly what range are you referring to? (And what rev ranges for more power)

My car is a 1zz so its revv'ed as hard as the sportivos.

Oh and the car is auto.

you wouldnt loose power per say just a little lag in torque response down in low revs but considering yours is a 1zz plus an auto you wouldnt notice it that much if at all compared to a stivo, your power range after CAI would kik in after 3 to 4k.

As for shipping costs etc. gazoom is waiting on one more quote from a seller then we will have a final price per unit shipped to your door. Sound good :lol:

Here you go guys... this is my Dynos before and after the AEM CAI was intalled.

the flatter line is tractive effort which is the equivalent to torque (a derivative of the Power curve)

You will notice that it is better than of equal to the stock curve, quite frankly you will not lose any drivability down low.

gallery_279_18_1126836629.jpg

Hey guys,

Would we be hit with import duties for an order this size? :(

Yes we will but the million dollar question is " is it cheaper to pay the 10% customs duty and 10% GST or is it cheaper to break the shippment up into smaller shipments to avoid customs duty ( and pay additional Freight)

Edited by GAZOOM

Ok guys,

Here are the 2 best quotes.

I contacted a few supplier asking them to quote 8 AEM CAI for Corolla's. 4 Shipped to Sydney and 4 Shipped to Melbourne.

I need a show of hands who is 100% in for sure.

A.

www.MVPmotorsports.com

USD $165.15 for 21-469 or 21-466

Quote for shipping 4 to Sydney(USD$311.91) and 4 to Melbourne(USD$298.88)

Total =USD $1930.79

In AUD ($1930.79/.75) = $2574.39

Each would be $2574.39/8 = $321.80

+10% GST =$353.98

Then there is potentially Customs Duty(10%) and GST(10%) on top.

B.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/

Total quote USD$1675 for 21-466

No breakdown of charge

IN AUD($1675/.75)= $2233.33

Each would be $2233.33/8 = $279.17

+10% GST =$307.08

Then there is potentially Customs Duty(10%) and GST(10%) on top.

Obviously B is cheaper but he quoted only on 21-466 so this may vary slightly 21-469 ( I'm guessing not by much but will confirm)

I would like to keep it 4 to Sydney and 4 to Melbourne. As 4 X 165 is only USD$660 which is AUD$880 hence falls under the customs duty threshold but still will attract GST.

So first in first serve Specilised32 has already bagged 2 CAI to Melbourne and I have bagged 1 for Sydney so what is avaliable is 3 to Sydney and 2 to Melbourne.

ACT people if your keen I can get it sent to Sydney and I then I'll meet you half way to deliver to you.

Also so what I will require is $330 AUD up front as I do not know the 100% what the Duty and GST will be.

Then once the charge have been finalise I will refund any differences by posting copies of all the bill on this thread.

Information on Customs Duty

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=7622

Cheers,

GAZOOM

Edited by GAZOOM