Don't under rate the Avalon - you'll be making a BIG mistake

avalon

i cannot believe this... i don't know about avalons or vientas... but i have a 2.0L 4pot SV21 auto at 1150kg... all fully stock around 90kw at the flywheel... and i REGULARLY i repeat REGULARLY rip 6cyl commodores and falcons... i'v even ripped models up to 2000... well i didn't "rip" them but i did beat them... as for VLs they are NOTHING... keep in mind i'm not talking about the VLturbo. the only time that i have been ripped was by a 2005 model clubsport

my 2cents

hahaha oh my *** i haven't heard a bigger load of **** in my life, I dragged a mate (we planned this properly) in an SV21 auto 2.0 efi (phucken nice car though, so smooth, tight and quiet and nice riding suspension) in my ****box 85' carbie 2.0 manual telstar and up to 100 I beat it by half a car length. SV21s are slow man, I will agree they'll probably beat a VL and other old commos and falcons just cos the things gearboxes and engines go to cr*p after they're 10 years old cos I used to same the same thing about my telstar and nobody believed me. VK/VL, XF/EA are snail cars with their sh*t autos and sh*t engines.

as for the OP, yeah I cruise around in my '01 Avalon CSX alot just to keep the k's off the Yaris and its not a bad car, I been in my mates 96 ES300 and there ain't much difference in the way the avalon and the lexus drive - the rolling acceleration is where they 'rip' the commodores (VT-VX) and its a proven fact, 80-120km/h - avalon is the quickest of the aussie 4 for 2001, i love the sweetness of the 1mz-fe from 4k to redline....its beasty, pity about the auto kickdown - i wish there was manual avalon around..

Stock VL turbo's run high 15's

I don't think the rb30 is a **** engine.

thats right ty :lol:

my mistake, forgot the VL had the mighty *nissan* rb30 engine in it - we were talking about stock executives here with no turbo that weren't particularly quick but it's usually auto VKs with their heavy 3.3s producing < 100kW that a jap 4 cyl manual of the same era could beat. Still, a badly maintained car with an auto box takes so much time off their factory acceleration times so by 2005 when you're dragging 1985 cars around its whoever was best kept wins :D

• 3 weeks later...

As someone already showed with the stats, dont be fooled... the Avalon would have a very good chance of beating most of the recent Commodores. My 3L Vienta gives them a run for their money, doesnt beat the newer ones but smashes the older ones (I have no idea of their model codes, pre1998 = old). Im quite happy to, considering they have nearly a litre more dissplacement and have youth on their side... yet only have like 5kw more, but weigh more and have a disgracefully rough drivetrain. Toyota Engineering ie twin cams > ****ty Commodore (Korean/U.S) Engineering ie pushrods

Edited by aussie_camry

well i dunno but i'm telling u i've ripped VLs... n if u'r thinking we were'nt gunning it... we were doing like 120km/h

EDIT: (btw it wasn't the VLturbo or 5.0... just a normal N/A RB30)

n i have for the record also beaten a 1993 model commodore (forgot the model number) n a 2000 model falcon... again we were doing around 130-140... now i didn't "rip" them but i did beat them i was around half a car length ahead with the ford n around 3/4 car length from the commodore.... don't ask me if they were auto or man i dunno... but they were stock n so was i

Edited by d_ice

now i'm not claiming they'r the fastest cars eva... but they'r not the slowest

i'm actually planning on selling it and importing from japan the SV25 camry AWD then transplant a 3SGTE (ST205) that should be fast enough dont u think

my 2c

talking anout camry drifting atcully remind me youtube arab vids drifting with Camrys :P they do good job to be honest!

just screwing the car, who cares!? :whistling:

oh yeaa... i was born over there... crazy drivers back then crazy drivers now... but that's not proper drifting... it's more sliding than drifting

well i dunno but i'm telling u i've ripped VLs... n if u'r thinking we were'nt gunning it... we were doing like 120km/h

n i have for the record also beaten a 1993 model commodore (forgot the model number) n a 2000 model falcon... again we were doing around 130-140... now i didn't "rip" them but i did beat them i was around half a car length ahead with the ford n around 3/4 car length from the commodore.... don't ask me if they were auto or man i dunno... but they were stock n so was i

Mate... it is impossible, no matter how good of a driver you are and crap driver they are, fact is, they hav substantially more powerful car then yours. The Camry V6's have close races with them, I dont think one of the older 4 cylinders has any chance, esp with a manual where you could have at least got them off the line :whistling:

Edited by aussie_camry

Mate... it is impossible, no matter how good of a driver you are and crap driver they are, fact is, they hav substantially more powerful car then yours. The Camry V6's have close races with them, I dont think one of the older 4 cylinders has any chance, esp with a manual where you could have at least got them off the line :whistling:

well i know it sounds impossible but it happened... and by the way i was by myself in the car... and they usually had passengers... but i still remember the VL it had no passengers... so i believe it was a fair win

oh n don't forget the weight difference

well i know it sounds impossible but it happened... and by the way i was by myself in the car... and they usually had passengers... but i still remember the VL it had no passengers... so i believe it was a fair win

:lol::lol::lol:

only if i had my VL still non turb that is. . . :spiteful:

Im sorry but I still dont believe you, its not that it sounds impossible, it is because it is impossible (Talking about your claims of beating newer Commodores and Falcons here.... VL's are a POS). I am aware of the weight difference, thats why I mentioned before off the line you may get them... but once the power gets down, no matter how skillful a driver you are (not that this is even an issue with an auto) you are not going to beat cars with alot more power and torque then yours.

Here is the 'technical side', power to weigh ratios (not considering the massive amounts of torque they have over the SV21 Camry):

Your Camry

12.84kg per 1kw

VL Commodore

11kg per 1kw

^ Beatable with your car - although I will say, 2kg difference doesnt seem like much, but it is alot

2000 Falcon

9.59kg per 1kw

^ Absolutely no chance - they also have literally over double the torque of your Camry

Edited by aussie_camry

The VL Skyline's were simple and impressive (I just can't call them commodores sorry lol).

The only issue I ever found with them was the poor body work and weak points, even then I was picky (wasn't an issue with yours Steve?).

Steve, you don't wish you had the VL back. Total crap. You're looking forward to a certain Mitsubishi, 'the' Mitusbishi I might add :lol:

Hey d_ice, the only way to truely claim you're faster is to do it on the track.

1 It's safer to start with

2 Unveils every part of the car, accelerating, turning, braking etc etc (I'm more of an all round man who likes everything...I guess take it to the drag strip if you're only interested in straight line acceleration).

3 There are no limits, only the personal limits that you set yourself ;)

Im sorry but I still dont believe you, its not that it sounds impossible, it is because it is impossible (Talking about your claims of beating newer Commodores and Falcons here.... VL's are a POS). I am aware of the weight difference, thats why I mentioned before off the line you may get them... but once the power gets down, no matter how skillful a driver you are (not that this is even an issue with an auto) you are not going to beat cars with alot more power and torque then yours.

Here is the 'technical side', power to weigh ratios (not considering the massive amounts of torque they have over the SV21 Camry):

Your Camry

12.84kg per 1kw

VL Commodore

11kg per 1kw

^ Beatable with your car - although I will say, 2kg difference doesnt seem like much, but it is alot

2000 Falcon

9.59kg per 1kw

^ Absolutely no chance - they also have literally over double the torque of your Camry

YOUR A POS!!!

rob man i miss my VL so bad LOL it was a little battered but i kept it in really good condition inside and out

yer i was looking at some today found a evo7 for 26!! LOL but i wanna 9 still :yahoo:

Your Camry

12.84kg per 1kw

VL Commodore

11kg per 1kw

2000 Falcon

9.59kg per 1kw

thank you. a man who backs his comments with technical stats. unlike some people.

i was honestly speechless after hearing what d_ice said. now that im not, all i got to say is...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol::lol::lol::clap::clap::clap:

agreed D ICE pull your d*ck outta your mouth