Group Buy Magnaflow 14807 muffler

NIKICH

I have received a price of $345 for supply and fitting on a magnaflow muffler. The specs are listed below. Badboyz and myself are interested, i want to see if there is more interest so i can call and as for a better price.

Double Wall, Straight Cut

2.25" Inlet, 4" Diam. Tips

3.75" Tip Length

5" x 8" Oval Body

14" Muffler Body Length

1. Badboyz

2. Nikich

3. VVTLIR

post-55-1156815591_thumb.jpg

Edited by NIKICH

Where abouts you getting yours fitted man? I'd be happy to drive up to the gong and have it done with you one weekend or something if that also makes it easier price wise (don't care about petrol, the drive will be good lol).

But yah, we'll see who else is interested. Micky is after a twin tip, so might see if he's interested also.

Rapid in wollongong gave me that quote, the other places in wollongong were quoting $440. I can give a few other places a call to see if they can match or beat, i just want to get numbers first before i call them

Hey I wouldnt mind this Muffler.

Can they make it into an axle back bolt on, so when I take my car back to get serviced, I can take it off and put the stock back on.

You never know when Toyota will fudge you up the **** with warranty, even though its only a muffler.

Ask mate, I recommend that to you as well seriously. I'm never taking my car back to toyota to be serviced anyway. I'm over it, especially after being enlightened by xoom. Warranties mean sweet bugger all. Get all the problems ironed out of your car warranty wise, then you've used up the usefulness of it. It's a sales tool, nothing more. I should know, I used to sell them with computers at Harvey Norman.

The benefits of the bolt on NIKICH is the fact that 'if' you are defected (which we shouldn't be...it's not stupidly loud until up top...then again so is the stock one) you can just pop the stock back on. Can't see that happening though. They pick on cannons usually, not actual mufflers.

Ask mate, I recommend that to you as well seriously. I'm never taking my car back to toyota to be serviced anyway. I'm over it, especially after being enlightened by xoom. Warranties mean sweet bugger all. Get all the problems ironed out of your car warranty wise, then you've used up the usefulness of it. It's a sales tool, nothing more. I should know, I used to sell them with computers at Harvey Norman.

The benefits of the bolt on NIKICH is the fact that 'if' you are defected (which we shouldn't be...it's not stupidly loud until up top...then again so is the stock one) you can just pop the stock back on. Can't see that happening though. They pick on cannons usually, not actual mufflers.

it is stupidly loud... its like a race pipe but deeper...and the muffler isnt really a muffler its straight through, i.e. not baffled....

i know.. i use to have one B) not to mention it looks pretty ricer too

Edited by BanGn

I use to work for the police and speaking to a few of the highway patrol officers, they said that if the car looked stock enough (looks and sound) then it wasnt going to be targeted....But ill get a price on that as soon as i can

it is stupidly loud... its like a race pipe but deeper...and the muffler isnt really a muffler its straight through, i.e. not baffled....

Lmao I keep hearing different stories haha. I'll take it from you man as you used to have one ;)

yep another vote for insanely loud, danthuyer had one on his car and it was rediculos...

yep another vote for insanely loud, danthuyer had one on his car and it was rediculos...

I have balls, I'm keen still lol.

Hey Brian, just out of curiousity the Spec III is about the same level of noise as the magnaflow huh?

If its painfully loud at low revs then its not something i would like. If its louder at 4,500 + rpm than stock thats not a problem, i dont want it to be booming or droney at low revs.

Is this muffler like that?

I did some research and found a BMW 6cyl that had a 14805 Magnaflow twip tip installed on it. He's stating that it's only just louder than stock and very deep in tone (as most magnaflows are). Now it's a different motor, and different application etc etc but I'll have another look at the 14805 and find some research on it and see it's the more 'sedate' version of the 14807.

Thanks dude!! :D

There is no difference in price between the 2. If the growl isnt as bad on the 14805 then that maybe the goer!!

Is there anymore takers on this muffler? If not im calling to negotiate some more...

nope loud as hell also hahahaha.

Chris from Best Mufflers said they drone a fair bit on the 2zz's (and 1zz's). He's recommended either a twin loop xforce muffler ($180) which apparently sounds very nice, or a remus twin tip muffler ($800!!!) which will also require modification, but states that this is the best sounding muffler he's heard on the sportivo so far. Apparently they are not very restrictive at all, and meet emission standards (which is good for those who are defect paranoid).

So, it's whether we want something sedate and sassy like that NIKICH, or we're ok with our ears bleeding a bit but having a loud as awesome sound. To be honest I'm looking at simply grabbing a CAI atm and leaving it that maybe lol. I originally wanted to go bb's garage spec and grab a buddyclub spec III cannon but cops have cracked down so much here in the ACT that I'm scared out of that idea now. The magnaflow seems to make just as much noise dammit. I still like the look and the sound of the magnaflow, but if it's going to be too loud and really droney I guess I'm out :(

Im in the same boat as you badboyz...

I want something that is a touch louder than stock and something that has a nice note to it...

I shall continue to do some research. Did the guy from best mufflers say anything about the twin tip range from xforce?

Im in the same boat as you badboyz...

I want something that is a touch louder than stock and something that has a nice note to it...

I shall continue to do some research. Did the guy from best mufflers say anything about the twin tip range from xforce?

He stated that with xforce, you'll either get bloody good ones...or ones that are just garbage. I've noticed jase and pete running xforce twin tips, but alas these don't fit on ours. He paid close attention to that twin loop single tip muffler though. He's huge on remus too, stated that they are a world leader (which after doing my own research, they are huge in europe with muffler designs)...not too sure who is the better cannon maker...most likely Apexi, Tanabe or Buddyclub etc, but anyway.

We shall have a look see man. I may very well get back onto Mick0082's contact here in canberra, who designed a custom single tip box for him. Mick has that thing made perfectly, and although he paid $400 for it...he got exactly what he wanted. Not too loud, perfect down low, screams a louder in lift and no drone.

Take it from me dude...Mick is a perfectionist.

I have a local exhaust place looking into whats available. They have a few pictures that im going to have a look at on the weekend....

Ill let you know how i go.

I was also thinking about the custom made, but have no idea what it was going to cost. Maybe CES can shed some light...