Group Buy Magnaflow 14807 muffler

NIKICH

Hey Guys, FWIW I had a Magnaflow 14814 and 2.5 inch cat back pipe installed today and IMO it sounds great, also improved torque somewhat and isn't too loud, all up it cost me $625 installed, if anyone wants to hear it and lives in or around the Hills area in NSW let me know.

George

Im getting it fitted tomorrow, ill let you know how i go.

1 thing that i found out was that magnaflow or its parent company supercat tell the exhaust places how much to charge for the muffler and fitting. There are a few places that dont take notice of what they say and they sell them for what they want to.

FAT-911 what car are you driving? Magnaflows will be loud or quiet depending on the application.

NIKICH have you had that muffler fitted yet? lol :P

I have a few cars but the Toyota is a 04 Sportivo, the exhaust is great and apparantly the twin pipe exhaust is a lot louder and If that is the case the single outlet is ideal as it is borderline for me and I am used to loud cars. :D

FAT-911 what car are you driving? Magnaflows will be loud or quiet depending on the application.

NIKICH have you had that muffler fitted yet? lol :P

I have a few cars but the Toyota is a 04 Sportivo, the exhaust is great and apparantly the twin pipe exhaust is a lot louder and If that is the case the single outlet is ideal as it is borderline for me and I am used to loud cars. :D

You awesome b@stard. I'm a fan of the single tip designs as well. Cheers for that!!! Where abouts did you have the work carried out?

You awesome b@stard. I'm a fan of the single tip designs as well. Cheers for that!!! Where abouts did you have the work carried out?

I had the work done at Budget Exhausts in Merrylands, they also fabricated a 2.5 catback pipe, it cost about $600 from memory, if you like the phone number is 9637-0455.

If you want to hear it or drive the car before you commit to it your more than welcome to try it out for yourself.

Good luck.

Unfortunatley I reside in Canberra. However I'm probably most willing to give this a shot, as the reports from the twin tip to single tips are quite contrasting. Everyone says the twins are loud as. I'm looking at a similar magnaflow design to yours. Same size etc etc except it's the one with the straight cut. NIKICH is having his muffler fitted today so it will be good to hear from him as well.

Thanks again man, I shall keep hunting.

I had my muffler put in. Its a humex. Its straight though with a baffle chamber as shown in the pic below. I had a twin tip welded to the end of it. Its a bit louder than what i expexted but at cruising its a bit deeper than standard. Once in lift (Yes i know its raining but i had to give it a hit to see how loud it is :D ) its not loud inside the cabin, you can hear the motor more....

As the exhaust guy said, its going to take a week for the true sound of the exhaust to come out because the fibreglass and internals are getting run in.

post-55-1157599269_thumb.jpg

After driving the car over the weekend, i found the muffler to be too loud. I spoke to the boys that i bought the muffler from and they said to bring it in. They took out the stock middle muffler and added 3 tubular mufflers packed with glass. Exhaust is still straight through. It still has the mean growl but the cabin noise has been more than halfed.

After driving the car over the weekend, i found the muffler to be too loud. I spoke to the boys that i bought the muffler from and they said to bring it in. They took out the stock middle muffler and added 3 tubular mufflers packed with glass. Exhaust is still straight through. It still has the mean growl but the cabin noise has been more than halfed.

Excellent, thanks for that man!