The most powerful pod filter

Grey-Rolla

Hey guys, ive done a the search with not much luck. So heres the question which pod filter is the best one to buy?? and what price are they?? Is it better to get dry one or oiled ones?? Please give me ur comments...

Cheers all :lol:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im from Sydney can someone help me with cai installation im from sydney....please i will buy lunch =P :D

instead of buying lucnh for someone why dont u , use that money to support the club and sign up for silver memebership and then im sure a silver member here in sydney will be more than happy to give u a hand with out having to buy anyone lunch..

hence support the club and in return it will help/support you. :D

mmm thats very true...

silver members had a free installation day the other week... some springs were installed, a stereo... pretty nifty stuff...

it wasn't just springs... it was a full set of coil-overs, though if you are talking about a certain black sedan, then yes springs...

Im from Sydney can someone help me with cai installation im from sydney....please i will buy lunch =P :D

instead of buying lucnh for someone why dont u , use that money to support the club and sign up for silver memebership and then im sure a silver member here in sydney will be more than happy to give u a hand with out having to buy anyone lunch..

hence support the club and in return it will help/support you. :D

AMEN

Hey guys, ive done a the search with not much luck. So heres the question which pod filter is the best one to buy?? and what price are they?? Is it better to get dry one or oiled ones?? Please give me ur comments...

well i have a uni filter that required oiling like once every 2 weeks, so that the suction of it will run smoothly

oily 1's are very high maintenance and must be looked after

some says the dry 1's are much better than the oily 1's well i say SAME SAME BUT DIFFERENT

its really up to you really thought, it just that if you have the oily 1 and dont look after it , you can easily wreck it and have to buy a new foam replacement

' date='Sep 4 2006, 03:49 PM' post='131749']

well i have a uni filter that required oiling like once every 2 weeks, so that the suction of it will run smoothly

oily 1's are very high maintenance and must be looked after

some says the dry 1's are much better than the oily 1's well i say SAME SAME BUT DIFFERENT

its really up to you really thought, it just that if you have the oily 1 and dont look after it , you can easily wreck it and have to buy a new foam replacement

how do you find the uni filter ???

have you tried other filters ?? and comparison ??

Hey guys ive got my KNN extreme, i chose it coz its got a bigger surface area compared to all. My conclusion is that with the SHift cai and the knn it works perfectly. My second gear doesnt bog no more, and hell yeah minor gains thru the rev range. At the same time my cars sounds like a super charge. HAHAHA i bloody love it. So many cars now wanna give me ago coz they think ive done some engine work by hearing the howling noise. MAN BEST MOD IVE DONE, even though its my first one. Twinloop comming soon YO :lol:

Installing the cai was peanuts. :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Hey guys ive got my KNN extreme, i chose it coz its got a bigger surface area compared to all. My conclusion is that with the SHift cai and the knn it works perfectly. My second gear doesnt bog no more, and hell yeah minor gains thru the rev range. At the same time my cars sounds like a super charge. HAHAHA i bloody love it. So many cars now wanna give me ago coz they think ive done some engine work by hearing the howling noise. MAN BEST MOD IVE DONE, even though its my first one. Twinloop comming soon YO :lol:

Installing the cai was peanuts. :rolleyes:

How much did the KNN Extreme cost?

I think the trd one is the best as they are designed for the moter and tested, after looking around they also seem to hold up to there expected gain in KW/horsepower. Im sure they all will deliver a gain in power but again its when the power comes on and I tell you I was back in my seat after I installed it, my car flys, before at 2500 it was a little slow and now thats when the power really comes on and again when the 6000rpm hits she kicks in full & hits the rev limiter before you know it....

And it looks good with the TRD logo keeping the car all TRD....

I think the trd one is the best as they are designed for the moter and tested, after looking around they also seem to hold up to there expected gain in KW/horsepower. Im sure they all will deliver a gain in power but again its when the power comes on and I tell you I was back in my seat after I installed it, my car flys, before at 2500 it was a little slow and now thats when the power really comes on and again when the 6000rpm hits she kicks in full & hits the rev limiter before you know it....

And it looks good with the TRD logo keeping the car all TRD....

Give it a few weeks, your filter won't be as noisy. :D

Apexi power intake usually comes out on top in the tests. Avoid using an oiled filter on a MAF equipped car (K&N, Unifilter etc), oiled filters are not good for the MAF.

An older filter comparison can be found here: http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

Edited by rollamods

Aren't pods considered defects in NSW?

No, they can be engineered if they're enclosed. The guy that purchased my old 4agte powered KE70 had to enclose the pod for engineering in NSW. My old chaser that was sold to a guy in newcastle already had it's pod enclosed and passed engineering without a problem.

No, they can be engineered if they're enclosed. The guy that purchased my old 4agte powered KE70 had to enclose the pod for engineering in NSW. My old chaser that was sold to a guy in newcastle already had it's pod enclosed and passed engineering without a problem.

thanks for the heads up, im sure most people dont have enclosures

thanks for the heads up, im sure most people dont have enclosures

the other thing as well is take a look @ where the pod filter sits when u have a CAI installed on ur zze122 & 123 corolla ..... kinda sealed off dont u think ;) unlike an SRI

in the recent auto salon they did a test on 10 branded air filters too see which had the best filteration and flow.

the best air filter came out as the 3A air filter that cheap brand yellow one, which came first in air flow and filteration. k&n came 4th in flow but first in filteration. its upto you if you want the best filteration or flow. But this is only air filters not CAI's

the rule is - if the pod is in the engine bay it needs to be enclosed. The CAIs people are getting are positioning the pod outside of the engine bay and behind the bumper which I am lead to believe is perfectly legal.