about Xenon HIDs..

XploShun

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man!! it looks sooo much better with projectors......

o yeh!! 1 more question...

if i wanna get those BLACK HEADLIGHTs... from toyota or TRD......

should i still order a H7 bulb, right??

do i need to change the bulb size?

check with waiwong38

cant you get projector headlights for the corolla??? If you can they would look so much nicer, especially with the HID.

yes... if you want to spend LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY :ph34r:

would love them tho!

I think they are the ones waiwong (dave) has which can be bought off ignition-x for $520, however I'll do some other research and see what I can find. I will be buying things at a later date most likely.

i asked the panel beater about.. painting my headlights black... he said... theyve never done it.. and wont do it coz ... they might do a sh*t job...

like water might leak in and all... not worth to risk...

sigh... damn.. even a "professional" cant do... how would i?

• 3 weeks later...

Just a question with regards to the legality of these HID kits:

a website i was looking at (aussie) says that for the kit to be legal, ur car is required to have the following:

1. A automatic lense cleaner

2. Auto leveler

So does that mean all u guys with HID's can actually be 'defected' or fined for not having /meeting these requirements?

*i'm looking to get one too :whistling:

All cars that come with HIDs from the factory in Australia will have those two requirements met.

...i know that....just with relations to all the HID DIYer's lurking around the roads - i.e. civic, Skylines etc.etc. taht are 'non standard' accessories :help:

a website i was looking at (aussie) says that for the kit to be legal, ur car is required to have the following:

2. Auto leveler

So does that mean all u guys with HID's can actually be 'defected' or fined for not having /meeting these requirements?

If the headlights are designed for HIDs then its perfectly legal, unless you retrofit your headlights(like what i did with my headlights) The skyline R34, the headlights doesnt have projector but their designed for HIDs.

2. Auto leveler

If the headlights are designed for HIDs then its perfectly legal, unless you retrofit your headlights(like what i did with my headlights) The skyline R34, the headlights doesnt have projector but their designed for HIDs.

No that's incorrect, when a R34 gets complianced, HIDs are swapped with Halogens...they can still be defected even if you fit HIDs back in afterwards.

Anyway.... i chased up the brands negatron recommended - that ad on firesport - search for it in this thread - i got quoted $240 ! :clap: Looks like a winner atm - 6000K ---however i'm looking also at the GT HID kit, and they seem quite cool too, with maybe better quality ? :whistling: ...but if anyone wanted to get that other one for $240 - by the giuena pig and try it out :D

Anyway.... i chased up the brands negatron recommended - that ad on firesport - search for it in this thread - i got quoted $240 ! :clap: Looks like a winner atm - 6000K ---however i'm looking also at the GT HID kit, and they seem quite cool too, with maybe better quality ? :whistling: ...but if anyone wanted to get that other one for $240 - by the giuena pig and try it out :D

hey man!!! if ur getting that one... buy it thru ebay!!! i just got mine from ebay... $198.5 muwahahah

received it today!!!

but the crappy thing about it...... the instruction booklet is dodgy!!!!! and no receipt (how can i get the warranty)

did anyone post up a guide before, about installing HID!? my gf and i need PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOS!!!

:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

i dun wanna fuxk up both the halogen and HID...

this is the one i got from eBay... negatron showed me the one from firespot....

they r the same seller.....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...N%3AIT&rd=1

Edited by XploShun

right... then, back to the negotiation tables...

Hey Xploshun ... exactly how dodgy are the instructions...as in - u open it , read it and ur WTF?? or is it sorta not in english? the lady i dealt with shot back to me 240 so quickly...i shall bargain somemore :D

well... i paid last weekend... and they said they will post it during this week (i think they posted it on tuesday)....

i received the HID on friday!!! so its pretty fast!!!

hahaha of course "she" replied quickly!!

the cheapest ive seen was like.. 18x - 190 posted..

the instruction is like.. hmmm... NO PICTURE WHAT SO EVER...

BLACK AND WHITE.. and some spelling errors and all in point form......

simple microsoft word i guess.... :lol:

its in english... not ENJRISH.....

but after reading it.. i still dont get it... :angry:

hmmm but i remember..... from 1 of the FEEDBACKS (in eBay)... he complained that the instruction was in chinese... and "she" replied that theres a english version on the net....ive been trying to ask "her" about this site... waiting for reply... maybe its lil more detailed

WHERE DO U PUT THE BALLAST on the PASSENGER's SIDE?

Edited by XploShun

What K did u get? any photo's of the one headlight? - and could u post a review of these HID's pls, in order to help the TOCA community out for review of these? :D

Good luck with the install - i wanna know every detail as i think i'm picking these up on monday! :unsure:

Cheers,

Jules