about Xenon HIDs..

XploShun

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:whistling: yeah yeahs, i sort of figured that - but i guess i can take the car bra off on weekends? dunno atm - but today it completely poured rain , so the dirt and stones were ouit in force today - very pleased with the car bra and it's intimidatory stance :toast: (at least 5 min improvements in travel time :D )

A week has passed i think....and no call :(

HOw goes the drivability of HID's Xploshun? Anybody high beam u or cop trouble? did u end up adjusting hte height of the lights?

:whistling: yeah yeahs, i sort of figured that - but i guess i can take the car bra off on weekends? dunno atm - but today it completely poured rain , so the dirt and stones were ouit in force today - very pleased with the car bra and it's intimidatory stance :toast: (at least 5 min improvements in travel time :D )

HOw goes the drivability of HID's Xploshun? Anybody high beam u or cop trouble? did u end up adjusting hte height of the lights?

only used it twice...and no problem...

problem with the ballast still.....

MAN! just go buy it from eBay... like negatron and me!!!

y r u waiting for her call???

only used it twice...and no problem...

problem with the ballast still.....

MAN! just go buy it from eBay... like negatron and me!!!

y r u waiting for her call???

Negatron is ordered another set for me, so i shall meet up with him on tuesday to pick it up :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

RME1...

wheres urs??

dont tell me you're still waiting for HER call..... :P :P

Today is the day!!! :toast: (from what Negs tells me LOL)

So maybe i get to meet... HER at THE SHOP :ph34r:

How're HID's going? Any troubles ?

I'm gonna get headlight protectors and tint them a little bit to eliminate the glare :idea: i wanna blind ppls, but not TOTALLY blind them LOL!! :spiteful:

*sigh @ EBAY + CHIC* (see below)

Edited by RME1

RME1...

wheres urs??

dont tell me you're still waiting for HER call..... :P :P

Today is the day!!! :toast: (from what Negs tells me LOL)

So maybe i get to meet... HER at THE SHOP :ph34r:

How're HID's going? Any troubles ?

I'm gonna get headlight protectors and tint them a little bit to eliminate the glare :idea: i wanna blind ppls, but not TOTALLY blind them LOL!! :spiteful:

Not yet bro... stupid ebay man not called me yet...

how r u gonna get protectors??? how much?

how to install??? tell me tell me!!!! :P

mine is working fine!!! havent check the ballast.. mayb its just hanging below the car..

anyway.. y are you guys WAITING for her call??

dont u guys have her number?

ive got her number thru email :spiteful::spiteful: (this sounds a lil weird... hmmmm :rolleyes: ) ..... coz i was annoying her about the warranty and all... so she gave me her number and email (?)... :whistling:

and she nv left any feedback on my ebay.. :angry:

she told me to call her.. when theres any faulty and stuff.. and send it back to her...

damn. wt happened to u guys? mine only took like... 4 days to arrive!!!

maybe shes outta stock.. ? :huh:

Edited by XploShun

how r u gonna get protectors??? how much?

how to install??? tell me tell me!!!! :P

mine is working fine!!! havent check the ballast.. mayb its just hanging below the car..

anyway.. y are you guys WAITING for her call??

dont u guys have her number?

ive got her number thru email :spiteful::spiteful: (this sounds a lil weird... hmmmm :rolleyes: ) ..... coz i was annoying her about the warranty and all... so she gave me her number and email (?)... :whistling:

and she nv left any feedback on my ebay.. :angry:

she told me to call her.. when theres any faulty and stuff.. and send it back to her...

damn. wt happened to u guys? mine only took like... 4 days to arrive!!!

maybe shes outta stock.. ? :huh:

Autobarn head light protectors made by Aunger are $44 , toyota's are $75.... i just wanna tint them with some Shadow tint from Autobran/supercheap just to reduce the 'glare' effect of the lights...and an alternative to eyelids :D - it should still be in the buy/sell section - Roy (izzfewagon), Carlo (izzfe) and myself pretty much ahd a coversation that went way off topic :D there is a pic of Merah there :toast:

Picked up the HID Kit today, thanks Kev for letting me know . The dude that i dealt with was far from nice - bad customer service. Pretty much just took my money and said, if u have any problems, go to the shop - don't ring me... such a Cee U Nxt Tuesday type (and i don't classify ppls like that too quickly) ... ...

So lunch is over, and time to install... Thanks again to kev for organising them for me - stay posted

lol~ thats wt i call... customer service!!!!

:toast: HID's are finally installed... took me and Des (little bro) a wee longer than expected (i.e. 20mins turned into an hour - i'm a little pussy when coming to install electrics and fidling around the engine bay :whistling: )

6000k's are pretty white - there is a slight tinge of blue...i shall upload pics as soon as i can (Melbourne weather happened to turn out alright today...

Installing:

- i'm not technically or logically minded...i study business not science :lol:

Driver side ballast was installed pretty much were Xploshun installed it. On the right side of the rain water drum (i couldn't get the bolt and nuts connected to each other, as i CBFed crawling underneith the car to do all that, so i just placed some double sided tape and 'bolted' the bolts in the holes - unsupported by the nuts, but covered over with some sticky as hell packaging tape. I had to use the extension cord that was provided and mixed and matched to see whether it would fit :unsure: ... anywayz, it all worked, and the 'buzzing' happend, but goes away just as quickly , so never fear. I ensured that the cords were covered up with electrical tape or secured neatly, tucked away with the rest of the OEM cables (i even zip tied them together to be totally obsessive compulsive).

Passenger side ballast - following Xploshun's instructions, i also used the double sided tape to the side of the battery - my battery is small as, so there is enough room for the ballast to 'sit' on the battery plate - lots of double sided tape and again, the sticky as a fly on sheit tape, just to be sure. The extension cords were not needed in this case.

At the moment, they haven't been tested out, but i'm fairly happy with the Kelvin - 6000k with a tinge of blue. At the moment, glare seems fairly minimal, but u never know.

So there it is kids, $190, bad service, an hours worth of "Where the F*ck does this go?" , some tricky McGyver skills and a splash of common sense - HID kit - El Cheapo Style.

Thanks to Xploshun for his feedback of both quality of materials and customer service, and Kev for sourcing out a great deal B)

Hello All,

Seems you guys have a bit more knowledge on the HID topic then I do. I just have a question on the installation process, I've been hearing from a few people (with non toyotas) and they say they had to remove their front bumper to install the kit. Can someone confirm if I need to remove the front bumper on my '03 Corolla to install them

If so can someone tell me how

thanks heaps :help:

Hello All,

Seems you guys have a bit more knowledge on the HID topic then I do. I just have a question on the installation process, I've been hearing from a few people (with non toyotas) and they say they had to remove their front bumper to install the kit. Can someone confirm if I need to remove the front bumper on my '03 Corolla to install them

There is no need to remove ur bumper - i think people only remove their bumpers if they want to hide their ballast's from the viewing. I have an '03 Corolla, and just put on HID's today.

6000Kelvin - super white, tinge of blue :toast:

2368301_54_full.jpg

Hello All,

There is no need to remove ur bumper - i think people only remove their bumpers if they want to hide their ballast's from the viewing. I have an '03 Corolla, and just put on HID's today.

6000Kelvin - super white, tinge of blue :toast:

2368301_54_full.jpg

that looks hot!! where did u attach the ballasts too?

XploShun's 8000k

dsc00915xg4.jpg

My 6000k

2368301_54_full.jpg

First Impressions:

Driving home from U2 Concert - which was G-O-L-D!! :toast: *Shame the golden oldies that i was sitting with had N-F-I about who Kanye West was :o ....The HID's work a treat. There is no need to lower the beams as they are pretty much the same projection as they were before, expect this time they shine a tad further. HID's - well recommended.

Xploshun, do u still have the box for the HID"s... mine was marked 6000k :ph34r:

I installed my 8k HIDs on my car while comparing with SPTIVOs.. his one was more blue.. mine was blue for the 1st 30secs when u switch it on .. after that it'll go more white but with a little blue.. while SPTIVOs stayed bluish while the 1st 30secs was grennish blue. Guess u pay for what u get but still looks good :)

i cable tied my ballast on the fuse box on the right and on the left i cable tied it on the ABS pipes. :)

I installed my 8k HIDs on my car while comparing with SPTIVOs.. his one was more blue.. mine was blue for the 1st 30secs when u switch it on .. after that it'll go more white but with a little blue.. while SPTIVOs stayed bluish while the 1st 30secs was grennish blue. Guess u pay for what u get but still looks good :)

i cable tied my ballast on the fuse box on the right and on the left i cable tied it on the ABS pipes. :)

Hmm, didn't really think about installing them there...i don't have abs... :blink: ...it will be good to meetup on Sunday, we can inspect install points for hids! :D LOL, will there be a 'Low rider' group... *cough* Brian :clap:

dunno!!

how do u know their name?

on ebay.. her acc is tomato.works

Arh ok .. mine was amy and her account name was the same also..

when i purchased the hids she didnt email me to let me know if she sent it off... after 4 days and about 5 emails i posted to her.. she said it was sent after day of payment.. and now shes un-registered, so cant leave feedback nor get a positive feedback on my account :(

Edited by gOODbOYz