• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get a nice intake.. :ph34r:

race pipe

clutch

semis/ full slicks

and learn to drive :P

lol intake... whats a race pipe anyhow and wats a good clutch brand cuz i was gonna get that next

i got a trd and k&n filter it sux balls.... any way how much for the rest i mean lyk injectors and manifold and clucth?? what are the gains exactly??

im thinking more along the lines of injectors with spark plugs my mate with his 180sx said that would help a bit but not sure how much it would cost and how much kw gain it would give and a manifold or somthing extracters and a light clutch just want an avarage price and how much kw gains it would give and also i dont think i would want a exhust too loud and annoying i reackon lOl ill save forced induction for my next car oohhhh yeeer!! B)

Don't bother, what you're really after is more torque rather then more power (KW). and that is not something you really get out of a high strung NA engine like this one.

You can follow all the advice on these threads, and throw money at it but at the end of the day, you will not get the driving feel you want coz the way i see you write, you need the feel of F/I to be happy.

Instead of forking out bit by bit on little things, why not just do it at one shot and get the blitz S/C kit for the stivo?

Or just hold on and hope it doesn't depreciate that much and go F/I as soon as possible.

yer i been looking at the blitz S/C kit and i think it was around 6-7k?? but is it a straight bolt on or is it a massive hassle and also when u add somthing lyk that onto our car u would obviously have to get brake and all that other stuff upgrades right??

Cheers Steve,

the clutch allows you to shift better and yeah obtain a better friction point. also you can be a bit more liberal with the excedy one (ie: treat it like paris hilton on smack.........ok that example was a bit hardcore sorry :S). The flywheel will allow revs to rise and drop quicker, ie: revs more freely, but in a stock setup it'll rev too freely and be a pain in the a55 (eg: you'll lose speed going up a hill). Ask Brian next time you're out with him man, he'll agree ;)

dont even know what a clutch and fly wheel does any one?? i think clutch makes it easier to get the friction point?? flywheel wouldent have a clue plz explain

Cheers Steve,

Mate I suggest you spend a good few nights researching about how your car works and what you are doing to it. It always helps to have a decent mechnical understanding before looking for power gains. Can I suggest HowStuffWorks it is a beauty of a website and taught me alot of the foundations of what I now know about cars :) (I'm no expert but now have a sound understanding of the basics). I suggest you start here and just click on all the links that you get from inside this article:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/engine.htm

sweet as i understand now :ph34r: LOL so how much am i looking at for a new exedy clutch and flywheel any one?? and which type to get for both and also anywhere in melb that i can get it??

Cheers Steve,

Ignore the flywheel man, seriously. Unless you're looking at doing all your internals and stroking it out, changing the cams etc etc etc.

The excedy is around $600 I think.

sweet as i understand now :ph34r: LOL so how much am i looking at for a new exedy clutch and flywheel any one?? and which type to get for both and also anywhere in melb that i can get it??

Cheers Steve,

Ignore the flywheel man, seriously. Unless you're looking at doing all your internals and stroking it out, changing the cams etc etc etc.

The excedy is around $600 I think.

i've been quoted much cheaper than that... or is that with install?

get weapon R headers and run a custom straight pipe no cat.

apexi power fc

if u wana be street legal

2.5" custom mandrel bent exhaust.

port your headers they give best gains for a 2zz

u can try bore out ur throttle body not 100" sure on the gains but if u have money buy the trial throttle body

apexi pfc

FI route, blitz compressor, greddy supercharger, c2 turbo kit lol :P

or get a turbo car =D 2zz sucks lol

and steven dont forget that 180's are powerd by a power making machene sr20det turbo gets gains so easily compared to us.

Weapon R headers aren't all that they are cracked up to be. Have a read on Newcelica.org and hear the whinging about how much they cost for no or little gains. Also it's better to keep your car legal as far as rules are concerned cause you never know when the boys in blue are gonna pull you over for a friendly look see at your car.

2.5" exhaust not 2.25" as 2.25 is very close to what the Sportivo has stock. Ported stock headers(forum sponsor has them) combined with catback and intake with decent filter will yield good results. It's the little things that are overlooked that also make a difference. Which oils to use in gearbox/engine that don't drain power to be pumped around. Spark plug settings,cleanliness of fuel lines/throttle body and injectors(for cars that are getting highish in km's). Don't forget fuel quality as the 2zz is sensitive to the different octane levels you can buy. They love 98/100octane fuel!! Then you have some additives for your engine that I label "horsepower in a bottle" that have dyno proven gains.

there are heaps of things you can do but you have to A) fork out the money to do it and B) don't listen to anybody who hasn't attempted any of the mods your looking at or doesn't have them on their car.

As for people who own for instance a 180sx(not picking on your mate at all) they have no idea about a 2zz or how it works. It's real easy to make gains on a F/I car but not so on a N/A car. Listen to the right people and don't just take the opinion of the first so called expert you come across who suggests a huge list of named brands that will cost you the earth adn have been known to be less than impressive in the gains dept.

You have got a lot of people on this forum with a wealth of knowledge and experience with regards to N/a vehicles and how to make power increases. PM them and ask the relevant questions as I"m sure they will be more than happy to help you out in your quest for the ever elusive KW :D

get weapon R headers and run a custom straight pipe no cat.

apexi power fc

if u wana be street legal

2.5" custom mandrel bent exhaust.

port your headers they give best gains for a 2zz

u can try bore out ur throttle body not 100" sure on the gains but if u have money buy the trial throttle body

apexi pfc

FI route, blitz compressor, greddy supercharger, c2 turbo kit lol :P

or get a turbo car =D 2zz sucks lol

and steven dont forget that 180's are powerd by a power making machene sr20det turbo gets gains so easily compared to us.

Weapon R headers aren't all that they are cracked up to be. Have a read on Newcelica.org and hear the whinging about how much they cost for no or little gains. Also it's better to keep your car legal as far as rules are concerned cause you never know when the boys in blue are gonna pull you over for a friendly look see at your car.

2.5" exhaust not 2.25" as 2.25 is very close to what the Sportivo has stock. Ported stock headers(forum sponsor has them) combined with catback and intake with decent filter will yield good results. It's the little things that are overlooked that also make a difference. Which oils to use in gearbox/engine that don't drain power to be pumped around. Spark plug settings,cleanliness of fuel lines/throttle body and injectors(for cars that are getting highish in km's). Don't forget fuel quality as the 2zz is sensitive to the different octane levels you can buy. They love 98/100octane fuel!! Then you have some additives for your engine that I label "horsepower in a bottle" that have dyno proven gains.

there are heaps of things you can do but you have to A) fork out the money to do it and B) don't listen to anybody who hasn't attempted any of the mods your looking at or doesn't have them on their car.

As for people who own for instance a 180sx(not picking on your mate at all) they have no idea about a 2zz or how it works. It's real easy to make gains on a F/I car but not so on a N/A car. Listen to the right people and don't just take the opinion of the first so called expert you come across who suggests a huge list of named brands that will cost you the earth adn have been known to be less than impressive in the gains dept.

You have got a lot of people on this forum with a wealth of knowledge and experience with regards to N/a vehicles and how to make power increases. PM them and ask the relevant questions as I"m sure they will be more than happy to help you out in your quest for the ever elusive KW :D

two thumbs up for that post, very good advice take note all ;)

Out of interest has anyone fitted the TRD high compression pistons to their car? TRD boasts power increase of nearly 15kw and 20nm's? :ph34r:

Those figures are with the extractors, panel filter, flywheel, and exhaust. And not to mention the weight reduction of the pistons themselves. I'm sure at least someone from nc.org has them.

And +1 for Silva's post

also consider that you have to buy a clutch to suit your driving style for example

no point in getting a button clutch for daily driving, its hard u always have to takeoff and it wears quickly. where as on track it would be awsome.

If your breaking heavy duty clutches in a Sportivo then it certainly ins't the amount of power your developing but more so your driving style.

If you keep going heavier in the clutch dept then sooner or later it'll be the gearbox that'll be giving up.

Much rather tone my driving style down than be paying Toyota an arm and left nut for a new gearbox :D

Lol, great idea. Modify your car now, sell it next year. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Just lump it for 12 months before you buy something with boost. Corolla Sportivos are a capable car, but if you're that unhappy with it why did you buy it? It's crazy. For the money you spend on a Sportivo, I'd rather a 2yr old S15; RWD and torque. Hell, a BA XR6 Turbo even comes in under $35 grand these days.

Lol, great idea. Modify your car now, sell it next year. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Just lump it for 12 months before you buy something with boost. Corolla Sportivos are a capable car, but if you're that unhappy with it why did you buy it? It's crazy. For the money you spend on a Sportivo, I'd rather a 2yr old S15; RWD and torque. Hell, a BA XR6 Turbo even comes in under $35 grand these days.

What and be like every other car on the road. Thanks but no thanks. Like to be a little original and love the element of surprise!! Ask a certain XR6 turbo ute owner near my house :ph34r: