what mods to gain more KW?!

KaZe-

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like the Lockheed F16-D Fighter that I raced while I was in Israel while going around the world in the Sportivo. Hah...he was even at full thrust with the afterburner going and I pulled straight past him. Stupid a55. Might have stood a chance if he ditched the series 3 lockheed DMV-4A jet engine and put a 2zz-ge in there with a driveline pumping at the rears. Pfft, still...I beat him though.

Quote from Powerchip Website

"Unfortunately there is no Powerchip upgrade released for the Toyota Corolla Sportivo 1.8 VVT-iL at this time. Your vehicle has been seen by Powerchip but with our current technology we cannot upgrade the ecu at this time.

Please ensure you have registered your information, so that we may inform you when the Powerchip is released."

back in the old old old old day of the forum Peekay and Stewey (ILIV46) looked into the powerchip and it was a no go back then so I doubt much will change in a real hurry.

hence why the unichip was popular

Edited by Blue_Stivo

Man your imagination is something else Rob!!! Classic :lol:

It's starting to scare me...may have to commit myself soon :blink:

Mick I heard chipping our cars gives F/A improvement...true?

i would have no idea and i'm not keen to try, the chip is over $500 and tuning is about that too... no point for a little gain

The only way around that is through a little black box (actually it's silver my bad) with 'Apexi' plastered on it.

Meh, even then not worth it for me. Wouldn't use it as much. Other people however hell yeah. Just look at Bill.

The only way around that is through a little black box (actually it's silver my bad) with 'Apexi' plastered on it.

Meh, even then not worth it for me. Wouldn't use it as much. Other people however hell yeah. Just look at Bill.

it's not the ONLY way, there is that other 'EMS' unit or you could spend double and get a MOTEC

it's not the ONLY way, there is that other 'EMS' unit or you could spend double and get a MOTEC

From what mick has told me the MOTEC ecu is pretty horrid on a stock engine I think. I can't remember what he said now dammit lol.

I've heard it has cold start issues

correct ..... plus the whole fact that it cost double the apexi .... for street use the added features of the motec really dont yeild the extra expense .... u can put that extra dosh into coils to match the sussy with the extra power .....

What and be like every other car on the road. Thanks but no thanks. Like to be a little original and love the element of surprise!! Ask a certain XR6 turbo ute owner near my house :ph34r:

I'm going to assume that your Sportivo is running 14's or so (edit: hot car by the way, but in your garage it says you hope to run 14's? For my curiosity has it been on a strip yet?). Spend the money you've spent on it (about $1500 going from your garage, plus $350 for the uprated rubber) on an S15 (or an XR6T) and I'll be dumbfounded if they're slower. Another few grand on either should see you running flat 13's if they aren't already, possibly 12's. Sure it's not a granny hatch, but it's ultimately faster, and what KaZe-StiVo is after.

A piggy back computer is a waste of money; $500+ for a paltry 10kw gain? And I'm not surprised Powerchip haven't considered the 2ZZ; it's already a massively high-strung motor. I know it's a Toyota donk, but how much further can you take it beyond economical sense? (I realise a lot here have, but it's not without risk). You might as well get a Microtec or something and have the ability to tune everything with regard to the fuel you're using, how you're driving it, etc etc.

Edited by Nunga_08

What and be like every other car on the road. Thanks but no thanks. Like to be a little original and love the element of surprise!! Ask a certain XR6 turbo ute owner near my house :ph34r:

I'm going to assume that your Sportivo is running 14's or so (edit: hot car by the way, but in your garage it says you hope to run 14's? For my curiosity has it been on a strip yet?). Spend the money you've spent on it (about $1500 going from your garage, plus $350 for the uprated rubber) on an S15 (or an XR6T) and I'll be dumbfounded if they're slower. Another few grand on either should see you running flat 13's if they aren't already, possibly 12's. Sure it's not a granny hatch, but it's ultimately faster, and what KaZe-StiVo is after.

A piggy back computer is a waste of money; $500+ for a paltry 10kw gain? And I'm not surprised Powerchip haven't considered the 2ZZ; it's already a massively high-strung motor. I know it's a Toyota donk, but how much further can you take it beyond economical sense? (I realise a lot here have, but it's not without risk). You might as well get a Microtec or something and have the ability to tune everything with regard to the fuel you're using, how you're driving it, etc etc.

I have to agree there man. Pour $5000 into the engine bay of an S15 and you'll get 12/11 sec quarters. That's only one car as an example as well.

correct ..... plus the whole fact that it cost double the apexi .... for street use the added features of the motec really dont yeild the extra expense .... u can put that extra dosh into coils to match the sussy with the extra power .....

for rallying use its the only option ;)

for rallying use its the only option ;)

AMEN. Stroked 2L 2ZZ with a MoTec - coming soon :lol: hillclimb attack!

Didn't say that I beat him did I???Nor did I say that he spanked me badly??? He was surprised that He couldn't get away as easily as he thought he could. As for your comparing money spoent on a N/A car to turbo mate wake up. Turbo cars take less $$$ than a N/A car to make big gains. Powerchip didn't do a chip cause they couldn't see themsleves selling volumes of them like they would for a Commodore or Falcon. :nono:

As for the possible gains to be made on a Sportivo well it all depends on how much you want to spend. some choose to spend heaps and do make gains but not the same as on a turbo car.(pretty obvious) But not everyone wants to drive /own a turbo car. Horses for courses. My last run was 15.4 with gearbox and clutch issues and am organising to hit the strip again to see the difference as i can now get 2nd gear and have no major clutch shudder. :yahoo:

As for microtec.... mate you just blew any credibility you may have had with that comment. Microtec is rubbish <_<