Hiro's AE102

Hiro

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, shopping around for tyres for the new rims, seemed like my only options were to go cheap and nasty ($100-150 no-name brands), less cheap and less nasty ($150-200 Kumhos and Falkens), or heaps expensive and decent ($250-300 S-drives, Adrenalins etc)....until the guy at Bridgestone said he's got 6 RE050As left from when he bought out remaining stock before they stopped making them.....retail ~$450+, wants $220 each :D

There are times when I really hate shopping for tyres, because 205/45/16 and 205/40/17 are such pricks of sizes to find good cheap tyres in. Not this time :D

Alright, shopping around for tyres for the new rims, seemed like my only options were to go cheap and nasty ($100-150 no-name brands), less cheap and less nasty ($150-200 Kumhos and Falkens), or heaps expensive and decent ($250-300 S-drives, Adrenalins etc)....until the guy at Bridgestone said he's got 6 RE050As left from when he bought out remaining stock before they stopped making them.....retail ~$450+, wants $220 each :D

There are times when I really hate shopping for tyres, because 205/45/16 and 205/40/17 are such pricks of sizes to find good cheap tyres in. Not this time :D

That is a sweet deal!!! I have them in 19"s. You will love them.

They see me rollin', they ain't hatin'...

P1150228.jpg

P1150233.jpg

Down at the local oval, ground was a little uneven so the arch clearances aren't all even nor indicative

P1150245.jpg

P1150246.jpg

P1150249.jpg

P1150250.jpg

Out the front of home, better idea of stance

Strut-to-sidewall clearance is a little tight on the rears, can still fit a few sheets of paper between so probably 3-5mm clearance, might look at rear spacers further down the track (plenty of room to fill out in the guards) but happy with it for now. Overall damn pleased with the wheels and the way it sits, yet to test the tyres out though...

new wheels looks good. Needs to sit little more lower :) twincam.org reppin' aye. Needs a TOCAU one ;)

new wheels looks good. Needs to sit little more lower :) twincam.org reppin' aye. Needs a TOCAU one ;)

That's on Lows, Super Lows are an option for the future but it already scrapes in places. Half the problem is that the AE10Xs have massive wheel arches, so it is hard to fill them neatly and still keep the car off the ground.

I've been meaning to get rid of the twincam.org sticker for ages too (got a .org.au to go in place) but I'm going to wait until I change the windscreen, no point wasting a sticker. And I do have a TOCAU sticker, it's one of the oval ones in the rear driver quarter window (you can just see the outline of it in the 1st and 3rd pics) :P

• 2 months later...

Show pic of your rear end please

What about it? Only thing different about it is the exhaust tip, Toymods sticker and the Conquest sticker has worn off, apart from that it is still factory.

• 8 months later...

Another year, another TOCAU annual meet done and dusted....

Only got one decent photo myself, waiting on all the Vic guys to upload their photos so I can trawl through for some better ones...

P1150253.jpg

very impressed when u saw u at the top of the pack chasing andy through those twisties ;)

i think i heard that ur drive belt needs replacing? :D :ninja:

other than that, its a fine example of an ae102 :)

Cheers, both water pump and power steering belts are due to be replaced, not having the splash guard on for so long probably didn't help either...

• 2 months later...

And since Little Pete finally posted his pictures from this year's '12 TOCAU meet, I've got another one to add

7556040072_95b1b5d407_b.jpg

Got a few little surprises lined up in the next coming weeks, need to get my wedding out of the way first though :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I couldn't wait until the weekend, so when I got home from work last night I decided to install said mystery item. Only took me an hour but by the time I finished it was pretty dark so photos aren't great..

Spot the difference

20120920_174553_zpsc627f578.jpg

Before

20120920_184759_zpsebef6b5f.jpg

After