What should i buy for 7th gen

ik3vini

i have been looking into getting a 7th generation celica for a long time now

i have rlly liked the 2000 so far but dont know much about the car at all

if neone has any feedback on this it would be greatly appreciated, also,

i would like to turn it into a showcar if this helps at all, im new to the import

tuner scene so i dont know too much about different brands and what to do

to the car. The exterior i would like to keep pretty simple, complete ground effects

kit with no wing at all, something that looks sporty but not over that top, i haven't

decided on a colour yet but i know i want the windows either smoked or mirrored.

if anybody knows about the celica meets in vegas or has seen the video from you tube

about the other meets, there is a yellow celica that looks exactly wut i've been thinking of

minus the windows. If you would be able to reccommend different types of engine mods(turbo, intake any other mods im missing) exterior mods( names of custom body kits and what not) and also a recommendation on what interior mods/sound/video equipment i should be looking at. I saw the video on petir's celica and rlly liked it, i dont want to copy his car but an interior along those lines would be extremely nice.

Thank you for your time and help

-Brady

I know exactly which yellow Celica you're talking about. I'm pretty sure he has thrown on a wing since then though. Celica's only look good with a wing IMO. But yeh some of the best looking Celicas out there are from Teamsadistic in the U.S which is the team in the video you saw. So check the gallery section over at TeamSadistic.

http://www.teamsadistic.net/gallery.html

They got some mighty fine looking cars there. Check out some of the Celicas :o

As for your showcar project, how much money are planning to pour into the car itself?

Being only 17 atm i am more than willing to spend a fair amount. I have been saving for a long period of time and will be working 40 hours a week after this school year at 10$ an hour plus which will all go towards my car( local university). I am looking to get the car for somewhere around 8-12 thousand, a year 2000 with pw, pl, and sunroof. Other than that i could care less what it comes with unless it is 250km plus. By the time the car is finished i am looking to have spent around 30 grand and that is including all exterior, interior, and engine modifications and of course the car itself. Ahaha and Nek i just realized that this is a forum from australia, im from canada myself so maybe buying a car i should go through someone at least in the same continent but judging by the other posts and reading some of your comments you guys know what your talking about.

P.s. if you do have a corolla, send me some pics i have never ever in my life seen a corolla done up that looks good.

-Brady

Check out newcelica.org. It's the biggest celica community on the net. And close to you.

It depends on what you want out of your car. Exterior is really up to you, it's personal preferance. For performance, you can either go turbo (hass or c2power kit), n/a (basic: aem cai, trd exhaust, power fc ecu) or supercharger (blitz or greddy).

Depends on how deep your pocket is and what you want out of it. The options are endless.

lol wasnt he talkin about a yellow celica brandon?

depends on what u want really, there pretty wide selection of celica bodykits in the states, but here in australia its abit hard to get your hands on them, and if u do they are probally crappy fiberglass copies.

if u want over the top show style kits , go for a veilside kit, maybe buddy club1 kit, bomex blitz

not too overboard u could always go with the TRD kit which u can get genuine from toyota dealer but will be super expensive.

or clean kits like the kiminari or elegance.

or widebody like the apr ;P

heres a link to pretty much all the parts u can get for a celica

http://www.newcelica.org/partscatalog/page...?path=celicagts

lol wasnt he talkin about a yellow celica brandon?

Yeah I know which one he's talking about. It was wingless back then but has gone through so much stuff now. There's photos of it in TeamSadistics gallery. Looks way better than before!

hey thx for all your help guys i appreciate it

yea, i've been to the team sadistic site and i'm a member on their forums now, i just want to get a broader outlook on what i could so.

51eka i rlly like the veilside 2 kit but would put the first rear bumper on it. im still rlly not sure, i mean i have still got a lot of time considering it's not going to be like a 2 week build up but probably take me about 2-3 years to completely finish everything.

so rlly money is not necessarily an obstacle.

i've seen the blitz celica and i think it is one of THE nicest cars i have seen so far but i want my car to be original, i'd probably end up with a complete greddy turbo kit and get everything through them, besides, i've heard a lot of good things about them too..

one more question and i hope its not too much to ask but about sponsors. I see cars all the time with the decals for momo and blitz and enkei and soo on but how exactly do i get a sponsor and what exactly would they do for me?

Thx again for your time

-Brady

u mean the greddy supercharger.

sponsors its just like they use ur car to advertise themselfs

like, they have to like ur car to put their name on it to advertise their products.

i duno much but i think its something along that lines

just go autobarn and buy a bunch of stickers

nah, i wouldn't put a sticker on my car for a certain company unless they sponsor my car, im hoping to make it sponsorable if thats a word haha. Im hoping for greddy if i put there supercharger in and possibly some sound companies.. i'll see wuts out there in my area thx again for your help

-Brady

hehe majority of users on this site are corolla drivers....

The site might as well be called "Corolla Owners Club .au" instead :P

dont worry, it can feel like that. but if it makes you feel better, I drive a camry!

doesn't matter wot car you drive, its badge on the front!

we are just a group of like minded chaps & chapette's!

• 4 weeks later...

oooo dont you worry about that i've been there and the MSRP of my car is 40 grand including the car. That's a rough estimate allowing 6grand for sound system alone. MSRP is usually over priced no? And with sponsorships and everything i should be ok to do this car in under 5 years.

thx for your help guys with ur help, and team sadistics help i have finally decided on all the parts im looking at getting just gotta find out where to get them all now :yahoo:

this will be a prize winner i can feel it already:):) :toast: