Lights

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are direct replacement bulbs. the main beams are a H7 size and the hi-beams are a HB3(i can't remember if its 3 or 4) size. the whiter hi-beams are a bit harder to source locally. stay away from the cheapo brands at autobarn coz they dun look good and dun last long.

also try not to go above a colour temperature of 4500-5000k. the higher up that figure goes, the bluer the light is. and blue component of the light spectrum scatters earlier and more easily which results in not being able to see as far and accurately as u should esp near the top edge of the beam pattern. philips diamondvision and crystalvision bulbs are pretty good.

hope that helps.

they are h7 low beam and h4 for the fogs, i suggest go to auto joy, as they do 100w miricle white, no trace of yellow. and then put white led parking lights in. i didn't bother changing my high beams. (if you change the rest they are bright enough to look white)

they sell for about 52$ a pair. and last longer than factory

the phillips that i purchased were supposed to be white???they were the blue vision ones and they looked white if you had white spray paint sprayed in your eyes. 70$ is also a rip off for yellow kinda white bulbs. they did last long. i changed my bulbs in the 30mins after i bought the car. phillips only get 2\5 spuds with a downgraded mark to 1\5 spuds for being yellow.

phillips diamond vision and crystal vision, although they are more expensive than the blue vision range, actually result in decreased visibility compared to stock bulbs.

so, when upgrading lights, are you doing it for the look? or do you want better visibility?

my lights are rated true white they have absolutley nil yellow, they are also 100W as opposed to the normal 55w ones, and because of the glass and electrode setup they put out the same visability/light infront of you as 150w globes. it is like driving in daylight. the oncoming motorists don't flash me with these lights in either.

i bought some off e-bay

they are called GP thunders

they are a really nice blue and have great light for visability

they only cost me 60bux shipped from the states for a set of H7 & HB4

They have a colour temp of 7500k so that is a nice blue

Phillips Blue Vision are good and legal. I used them on my GT and on my Starlet, and now on the Stivo (almost their!).

They are clear and do not decrease visability.

• 1 year later...

Corey just go "HID"!!!! :D I wasted that much money on crappy aftermarket bulbs that only last minimum of 3months and are never really that good!!! I also had a "PHILLIPS-BLUE VISION KIT" HI-beam,LO-beam and parkers and it was absolute SH!7!! Took it straight back to where i bought it my stock lights were brighter!!!

Since i have HID in my car i would NEVER go back to normal bulbs EVER!!!!!! :D

I currently use Narva plus 50 globes for low beam. Its a normal H7 halogen globe rated a 55w but it has 50 % more winds in the filement so its heaps brighter then stock without the extra heat from higher wattage globes.

For high beam Narva only do a plus 30 in HB3.

Corey just go "HID"!!!! :D I wasted that much money on crappy aftermarket bulbs that only last minimum of 3months and are never really that good!!! I also had a "PHILLIPS-BLUE VISION KIT" HI-beam,LO-beam and parkers and it was absolute SH!7!! Took it straight back to where i bought it my stock lights were brighter!!!

Since i have HID in my car i would NEVER go back to normal bulbs EVER!!!!!! :D

hey Sunny, remember on our way to NASHO run last weekend I let you pass me??

coz I had enough to your HIDs....