Suspension, Brakes, Tyres and Rims

Sport1vo

Did you lower your car? The lowering could have affected the camber and toe.

I have that problem from day 1 too but i had allignment done on it twice, adjusted the steering wheel, wheels rotated, tyre pressures checked and had everything else checked. I don't notice it now with 8000kms. Maybe i just got used to it? But i do feel the steering wheel being over sensitive at low speeds. It picks up every bump and the tiniest of pot-hole on the road.

Zee

My car the left pull right from day one as soon as i drove it out of the dealership, i noticed it also. hmmm <_<

I mentioned it to the service guy at my first and second service and nothing was done to correct it. they just kind of ignore the fact that i mentioned it.

on the topic of brakes i want to change my brake pads. i find they are too soft therefore i get a lot of brake dust and my rotor is lipping a lot. has anyone looked at changing their brake pads to reduce brake dust? is bendix good to try for street driving and heavy braking from time to time?

too much brake dust? good thing u didn't get anything european. those things turn silver rims into black ones in 3 days!

but yeah, bendix i found them a bit harsh on rotors but i'm not sure about how they would work with corolla ones tho :unsure:

I heard lucas pads are good for our driving style.

lucas have a fairly soft compound and generate quite a bit of dust. just remembered EBC greenstuff is quite clean and pretty good. but dunno if they make pads for us.

sport1vo thank you very much. i am going to the wheel alignment place you recommend this week. replacing brake pads and also rotors can this change your wheel alignment?

Brake Pads, no it will not effect wheel alignment.  Rotors, I do not know with the Stivo, maybe it will, maybe it won't.  Give them a call and ask them, then post the resolution on the forum for all of us to know.

they told me no because there are no change in angles.

changing brake pads will not effect your allignment. The only way you can mess with your alignment is if you touch your lower ball-joint, strut top or tie-rods. Changing your brake pads only require you to take the caliper off the knuckle. so i wouldn't worry about it.

also, changing rotor will not do anything to the wheel alignment. the rotor is not even bolted on. it sits between the hub and the wheel. it's clamped i place by the caliper. once the caliper comes off the rotor just slides off.

hope this helps :D

• 2 weeks later...

sport1vo i got a free wheel alignment today :D

the dealer just said no charge! i will show you the figures my car has. when i have the time i will get to the dealer in preston you recommend and use the $ i saved.

sport1vo i found a guy in mitcham that does wheel alignments the traditional way no computer. he can make adjustable shim plates for the rear camber. if you are free tomorrow lets go see the guy. i still want to meet with you on saturday to use your torque wrench :)