Corolla Ascent

hantu

Hey guys,

I just joined the site, pretty cool forum, learned a lot and thanks!

I'm looking at Corolla Ascent Hatch for myself, I like a simple car, and then play around with it.

Just wondering, I'm looking at getting a new grille/spoiler/bodykits for it, should I get the genuine ones? I'm pretty sure there's no genuine grille for the hatch, so what do you reckon?

Also, any recommendations for garages in Melbourne that does decent work and reasonable prices?

Thank you! Rock on guys!

Welcome

If you are looking at getting a brand new Corolla (facelift model) then you will have to replace the front bar to change the grill. If you are buying a prefacelift model, then Toyota were sleeing a grill as a Sportivo Accessory. I don't like your chance of getting on now as that model is not longer available, but you caould ask your local Toyota Dealer to see if he could source one.

Occasionally the pre-facelift grills pop up on the forums here for sale, or search ebay if your looking for non geniune ABS plastic ones.

Spoiler should be available for the hatch from Toyota as a part still as both the pre and post facelift have the same body on the rear (except for they have different tail lights)

Im not in Melbourne so I cant refer you to any shos for the other gear, but maybe BangN, Danz, BigBum or someone might know....

Cheers

Aaron

I'm looking at getting a brand new one, what does facelift means?

Welcome

If you are looking at getting a brand new Corolla (facelift model) then you will have to replace the front bar to change the grill. If you are buying a prefacelift model, then Toyota were sleeing a grill as a Sportivo Accessory. I don't like your chance of getting on now as that model is not longer available, but you caould ask your local Toyota Dealer to see if he could source one.

Occasionally the pre-facelift grills pop up on the forums here for sale, or search ebay if your looking for non geniune ABS plastic ones.

Spoiler should be available for the hatch from Toyota as a part still as both the pre and post facelift have the same body on the rear (except for they have different tail lights)

Im not in Melbourne so I cant refer you to any shos for the other gear, but maybe BangN, Danz, BigBum or someone might know....

Cheers

Aaron

As BiggyBummo pointed out the difference for you....

Essentially, the front bar on the new model is integrated with the grill and has different headlights.

On the older ones, the grill is a separate peice and removable/replaceable.....

hey welcome im chris, do you know when your going to purchase it becuase i think ive read that theres a new corolla coming out soon i dont know when .. maybe you might be interested in that one. search this site and you will find it

hey welcome im chris, do you know when your going to purchase it becuase i think ive read that theres a new corolla coming out soon i dont know when .. maybe you might be interested in that one. search this site and you will find it

planning to get it bout december or january.

Which particular bodykit, spoiler, grille were you interested in? Let us know and we'll guide you in the right direction as to where you can purchase them.

I'm not sure, I saw a TRD grille which looked pretty slick.. or the sportivo ones.

TOCOA - Corollas - techy bitsThe face lift models also have slightly different guards over the front wheels so as to cater for the different design of the head lights ... kinds sucks but that is the way that toyota are running things.

Never though of looking at a corolla and seeing a hyundai getz ... :o

From what I can find the engines in the May 2006 onwards Corollas are all the same (am willing to stand corrected here). My suggestion is that if you can find one with the engine coding 123 instead of 122 get it. There is more information about the engine codings in http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=8352 (Northy has done a great deal of research for it).

I bought the face lift model and cannot fault it what so ever - although it is a pain the proverbial if you want to change the physical appearence of the car as you need to replace the entire bumber as pointed out in other posts in this topic.

If you are looking at doing some changes over a period of time start off with the Sportivo model - it has a number of upgrades in it that will make the changes a little easier in the long run.

Edited by bafittler

That's right. As these guys mentioned, the facelift grille is impossible to change without changing the whole front bar as seen in this pic.

itemhf7.jpg

Few grilles that are available for the pre-facelift model.

Genuine Sports Grille - Part Number: 0842312820

mikeyac6.jpg

JDM Runx Grille

davovk6.jpg

TRD Sports Grille

bangniu5.jpg

The Genuine sports grille is listed at $204 but I'm pretty sure i've seen people buy it for less than that from a Toyota dealer. Around the $180 area? The JDM Runx Grille Ignition-X sells em for $140 although I think waiwong38 has one for around $100 atm. TRD Sports grille I'm not sure. I know Ignition-X can get them in but can't remember the price he was asking. They're are other aftermarket lookalike ones around for $50 but some have been known to have fitting issues.

It's difficult to source these products off the shelf in Melbourne, as with any aftermarket parts for our Corolla.

Are the 2006 models facelifted models?

Yup.

In that case, not much can be done regarding the grille aye.. :o

I like how the hatch back is pretty compact ^^ never really liked big cars.

I'm getting one, for sure. Just need to figure/research what can be done with it.

Another question, what would be the max rim size to be fitted to Ascent Hatch? and what other rim size requires lower spring to make it look better? :)

Thanks guys!