Apexi Power FC

apexi have a good name with everything that i look at at the moment. i have been comparing a wide range of their products to others and they always seem to give the best results!!!

ecu/powerintake/exshaust

they all have awsome reviews.

APEXi Power FC is stand alone computer, unlike unichip which is a piggy back ECU. PowerFC is way more powerful than Unichip, and allow greater tunings. Raising RPM? No Problems, as long as your mods helps out too.

PowerFC is better if your engine is extensively modded, such as internals or adding turbos etc.

Stick with Unichip for mild tunings.

:rolleyes: ok i admit, i was going to get powerFC..sigh...

on top of the spot on stuff that danz said, one of the problems is that the ECU that we have is likely to be different to the celica. i've checked with toyota and the ECU part numbers for both cars are completely different and even the dimensions. i'm not sure how accurate this is. however, i am quite sure it should be able to work on our cars with very minor work but i still want watever that is left of my warranty :P

if i bite the bullet and get it done, i would be SSSOOOOoooooo tempted to get MWR strengthened valves and valve springs as well as a port & polish, enlarged TB and then reset the redline to 9000rpm... hehe now that sounds very very dangerous for my finances at the moment and i think i should stop now. :P

If the Corolla and the Celica have two different ECU's than for sure were not getting the 141kw.

Anyone baselined with a stock standard Celica? Would be really interesting for us to know how we fair against them guys.

Something i noticed was the guys in the US didn't mention anything about UNICHIP tuning on the dyno. With the Apexi Power FC and UNICHIP, we need to have them tuned on the dyno for accurate tuning. It is possible to tune them on the road but that road must be very long and empty! Also the guys in the US run on 92RON petrol, while most of us run 98RON hence we would get better results.

One last thing about the UNICHIP is that from all the dyno graphs i see incl. Peekay's they seem to tune the 2ZZGE so that it produces max. power lower in the rev range. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing but from my view i think the increased torque output at lower revs compensates for that.

Zee

Dude all the Shell's in the illawarra have Optimax (98 Ron). A couple of the BP's have Ultimate like the BP in Albion Park and i think the 1 on the top of Crown St in Wollongong, not sure about the others.

Nikich is right about the locations. I usally go to the BP at Albion Park Rail or the Shell at Shellharbour. I use Optimax more often because i do find that better in the Stivo than Ulimate. Also i shop at Coles so i get cheaper fuel at Shell. With Mobil, no luck around here with Synergy 8000.

Zee

Cheers guys, Looks like the Shell at Corrimal and Warrawong are the closest I tryed to get BP Ultimate from Towradgi on advice from the BP websight but went there and found it was only 95RON :huh: But didn't check Shell because I assumed they wouldn't give discount on the good stuff but :D cos they do....

Nikich is right about the locations.  I usally go to the BP at Albion Park Rail or the Shell at Shellharbour.  I use Optimax more often because i do find that better in the Stivo than Ulimate.  Also i shop at Coles so i get cheaper fuel at Shell.  With Mobil, no luck around here with Synergy 8000.

Zee

Really?

I used to go to shell before, but after using Bp Ultimate, i think i like it more. It feels lighter and smoother on the start.

• 2 weeks later...
Also the guys in the US run on 92RON petrol, while most of us run 98RON hence we would get better results.

The yanks use a different scale to rate their fuel.. I think you will find that their 92MON fuel is well and truly up to standard of the 98 RON Octane dish water we get here..

From looking at the Apexi catalogue it doesnt specifically identify the ZZE123 Corolla/Runx as being compatible with any of the Power FC Models.. However I staggered over the Brash Boys site and they list the ZZE123 as being a model for which they support with the Apexi Power FC.. This is all getting very confusing to say the least ... Anybody else have a take on this ?? ... Brash Boys will supply the Power FC + Hand Controller for a hefty $ 1800 USD.. NExt !!

http://www.brashboy.net/e/power_fc/main.html