Why you dont buy fake/dodgy rims

neK

I don't think you have to worry.

You get what you pay for but the other thing to remember is your Corolla has 185-190nm of torque developed high up in the rev range. Not exactly earthmoving or wheel shattering stuff. So your chances of a wheel failure due to not being strong enough to handle your cars power is nil. And a Corolla wont generate enough lateral g's in cornering to be of concern either.

However put cheapies on a more powerful car, and the results a different. I don't understand why the Skyline owner above would fit such wheels to that car - especially given it's doing some track work? Just silly.

Theres always the possibility that he was just a retard with lots of money. I mean face it, most 2nd generation rich kids have brain power similar to that of a tree. Bit of a generalization but who gives a shi7.

To lok at an example at the other end of the spectrum. The Enkie's that come stock on the evo 8 are worth something along the lines of 4-5k or so im told. My sister ex lent his Evo8 to his brother proceeded to drive it downb the street, snap it sideways (*** knows how) and launch the side of the car into the gutter... Rods and struts obliterated... rims scratched. You get what you pay for

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To lok at an example at the other end of the spectrum. The Enkie's that come stock on the evo 8 are worth something along the lines of 4-5k or so im told. My sister ex lent his Evo8 to his brother proceeded to drive it downb the street, snap it sideways (*** knows how) and launch the side of the car into the gutter... Rods and struts obliterated... rims scratched. You get what you pay for

Granted. But my wheels aren't simply going to explode into tiny pieces under normal road conditions. That accident happened as a result of stupidity, looks like the skyline's situation came about as a result of driver error too (whilst under track use).

Edited by Tayles