Maxxis tyres

perthcamry

Just getting rid of 2 of the Faulkin tyres that were fairly naff and putting on 2 of the Maxxis MAV1's ( I think that’s them , came 3rd in the wheels tyre test a few months ago). Will let you know how they go. $253 a tyre for 235 40 18's (I think)

yeahhhhh see how you go.

my boss had a set of maxxis tyres on his EG XR6. His joked saying they are a classic drift tyre because they 'slip' all the time :S

they weren't too good for him and didn't provide very good grip. hopefully these are better but, I felt obliged to at least tell you the truth rather than say, 'yeah they are good!'

:)

yeahhhhh see how you go.

my boss had a set of maxxis tyres on his EG XR6. His joked saying they are a classic drift tyre because they 'slip' all the time :S

they weren't too good for him and didn't provide very good grip. hopefully these are better but, I felt obliged to at least tell you the truth rather than say, 'yeah they are good!'

Were his the ones in the wheels test or the lower model? I think anything will be better than the Falkins according to the fully sik nissan boys site

$230 per tyre woah!!! Yeah Im not a fan of Falkens, in the dry they were good but in the wet very poor. Im currently on continetnals, worse then the Falkens in the dry by only abit, but very good in the wet... good compromise. Were only $150 (Albeit way smaller tyres..... 215/R16)

yeahhhhh see how you go.

Were his the ones in the wheels test or the lower model? I think anything will be better than the Falkins according to the fully sik nissan boys site

Ah you're all good then :lol:

I'm running Falkens at the moment (about to be replace by yokohama a.drives). I had the yokies on the stock wheels before switching to the P1's.

These are the tyres im running, there well priced and i find they grip quite well, specially in the wet.

they are quite soft though. so be gentle on them and they will last. if you can be gentle.....

I struggle :ph34r::ph34r::yahoo:

Plus the tread pattern is hot hot hot

blackrollaandacamry.jpg

second car along

Could you provide a link to this wheels test please?

Have a look here http://wheels.carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/port...topDefault.aspx

the results are not as clear as the magazine

But.....here is a better example.

http://planetsoarer.com/06tyre/index.htm

Your google friend.

Just gave them a strap around the roundabouts and heck they were great. :)

Guest JDM y0 !

i sometimes run falken tyres on the rear, actually i am at the moment, they dont grip AS good as my pirellis i normally have on the rear, but in turn it makes the car (ae86) more fun.

for driving fast yes i prefered the pirelli p6000s or even the pirelli dragons. currently im running p6000 fronts and falken rear. works pretty well tho.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just replaced the other 2 tyres and its quiet and smooth, feels like a new car after the roaring Faulkins. Stay away from the Z308 (think thats them), they were bumping roaring and being general pigs on the road.

So far so good with the Maxxis :)

• 2 years later...

Hi all, just reviving an old thread :) Have Maxxis tyres gotten any better in the last two years? I called into Bob Janes earlier today to enquire about these:

http://pdwgroup.com/australia/images/ANTRA-5_MMB_FRONT.jpg

The full website is here: PDW Sports Wheel Range

They are the Antra-5 Matte Black in an 18x8. They are going to order me in some so I can see what they look like. Anyways the offer was $1899 in a package with Maxxis tyres, that was for 235/40/18's I believe.. Might have been 235/ something else.

Anyway I mentioned that I liked the current stock Michelin's I have in terms of grip, feel etc and they said that Michelin didn't make a size that would suit unless I went up to 245/ something and they were $500 a tyre :S Definitely out of the budget...

I would like to pick your brains as to what tyres and what tyre size would be appropriate for these rims - I am thinking 245/ something (maybe 45) so that the tyre would protude a little over the lip of the rim to offer a little protection. I do a fair bit of freeway driving and country driving (Bendigo to Melbourne, Bendigo to North East Victoria) hence why I'm only going with 18's (as well as budget).

My aim is to save a little cash and then get them in a couple of months, probably nearer to Christmas when they decide to run some specials. Am very happy with Bob Jane in terms of service etc so that's who I'll be buying through, seem to be one of the best here in Bendigo.

Thanks in advance for any help :) (I am trying to pick my way through that Car Bible article in the meantime!)

Edit: Sun 16th - Well I got some good info today so the above probably isn't all that relevant anymore, although still interested to hear people's thoughts.

Edited by Tash

• 1 year later...

yeahhhhh see how you go.

I'm running 751 A/T's on my Cruiser, been better than the BFGs I use to have and around $150 each cheaper