New Kluger

CAP

It will be interesting when CX-9 rolls off the floor Very true, but looking at the dash I have to give Kluger a thumbs up the 8" display won us. I simply did not enjoy the test drive of the KX-S AWD, We had the same experience the car we test drove had not been through its pre delivery checks so it was very dull, lights were flashing on the dash as we drove it not very relaxing and the sales man was not the best after just sat on the Sand colour beige interior Grande (even it is not my choice of colour on both front). Mine either Go the Blue and Black

My wife loves it now, since she worked out mentally how to fit someone in the center when both left and right middle seat has a baby capsule attached. :idea:

It is now to work out how to enjoy the car.... suggestion? Drive it and smile :yahoo::rolleyes:

Edited by PC XT

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ya guys,

It all sounds good. Yes the it was all the extra gadgets that convinced us to get the next model as well.

Weve been looking at three cars, the territory, tribecca and the kluger and quickly narowed it down to two, the terri or the kluger. We decided the kluger for several reasons a couple being that the terri is a bit dated and when trying to option up to the same spec level as the kluger it just didnt make sense in getting the terri. Also the terri didnt have a couple of the safety features that are standard on the kluger plus there was no option for a sun roof which came standard in the kluger. We werent too fused about seating arrangements because it seems pretty flexible and can work for us.

The CX9 would have been interesting to see though,... but we didnt want to wait.

I dont think the kluger should be effected by the same engine issue as the rav ( hope not any way ) as it sounded like it was an engine management issue, the computer?.

Only one more week to go until we get ours. ( fingers crossed)

On ya guys,

I dont think the kluger should be effected by the same engine issue as the rav ( hope not any way ) as it sounded like it was an engine management issue, the computer?

yeah ECU (engine control module/unit) controls fuel delivery with air fuel mixture in different speed, gear and throttle amount, and it is standard on all fuel injected engines. Because it is a variable valve system in most Toyota engines, ECU now is more sophisticated than 10 years ago. Also, nowadays ECU controls traction control module, cruise control, hill descent, EBD with information coming from ABS system, and even the audio and air con will be integrated in the ECU. Don't forget the immobiliser as well.

That is why the fuel mileage show up on the screen, it is because the fuel is calculated in the ECU and info is transferred to the screen.

If I start to talk about fuel map I will bore you, so just leave it as that :P

Edited by takahashi

On ya guys,

I dont think the Kluger should be effected by the same engine issue as the rav ( hope not any way ) as it sounded like it was an engine management issue, the computer?

yeah ECU (engine control module/unit) controls fuel delivery with air fuel mixture in different speed, gear and throttle amount, and it is standard on all fuel injected engines. Because it is a variable valve system in most Toyota engines, ECU now is more sophisticated than 10 years ago. Also, nowadays ECU controls traction control module, cruise control, hill descent, EBD with information coming from ABS system, and even the audio and air con will be integrated in the ECU. Don't forget the immobilizer as well.

That is why the fuel mileage show up on the screen, it is because the fuel is calculated in the ECU and info is transferred to the screen.

If I start to talk about fuel map I will bore you, so just leave it as that :P

I discovered that bit today very weird

Does any one have trouble with the blue tooth connection and icons that fade so you cant access them (should read the book I guess) I dont think my hill holder works either not like my XT does any way. The handling/ suspension is very soft and a bit to springy for my liking but then again I wont drive it from one week to the next.

It got a lot of thumbs up from every one today even with the colour which is even more out there than the interior

Edited by PC XT

Congratulations PC XT, great to hear you picked it up on schedule. I guess youll need to spend a bit of time to get used to it and get the feel of it.

Do you have a picture of it?, any plans for any additions?.

I already have plans for our one addition and I think it will really set the look off and give the front a bit of a boost as well as enhancing driving on the long dark freeways and country roads. Two or three 8" Hella Rallye 2000 pencil beam spotties behind the front grill, it should fill up the back of the grill and hopefully not restrict too much air flow.

Congratulations PC XT, great to hear you picked it up on schedule. I guess you'll need to spend a bit of time to get used to it and get the feel of it.

Do you have a picture of it?, any plans for any additions?.

I already have plans for our one addition and I think it will really set the look off and give the front a bit of a boost as well as enhancing driving on the long dark freeways and country roads. Two or three 8" Hella Rallye 2000 pencil beam spotties behind the front grill, it should fill up the back of the grill and hopefully not restrict too much air flow.

Already got some small HID driving lights to go on and take my HID out of my Berlina for the head light up grade.

Edited by PC XT

Looking Good there. :yahoo:

I knew I should have convinced the Mrs to go for the bull bar though. looks Good.

Thanks for the nice words its defanitley a looker every one loves the colour that has seen it in the flesh

The nudge bar was on it we did not option it with it, I tried to trade it for the tow bar, its growing on us now.

I got the new CX9 DVD today looks like it has a better 2nd and 3rd row seat lay out bigger donk 3.7L and 204 Killer wasps just to out do the Toyota.

Time will tell

Edited by PC XT

Looking Good there. :yahoo:

I knew I should have convinced the Mrs to go for the bull bar though. looks Good.

Thanks for the nice words its defanitley a looker every one loves the colour that has seen it in the flesh

The nudge bar was on it we did not option it with it, I tried to trade it for the tow bar, its growing on us know.

I got the new CX9 DVD today looks like it has a better 2nd and 3rd row seat lay out bigger donk 3.7L and 204 Killer wasps just to out do the Toyota.

Time will tell

I got the DVD months before and we post it up here.

As a Mazda man, I should buy it, as it is better looking, drives better, and longer. The 2nd and 3rd row seats may be similar as Mazda take the 3rd row seat picture after moving middle row to the front and take 2nd row shots with the middle seat as far back as possible.

It just updated to a 3.7L with more power, but the US version still only can tow 3500lbs (1600kg). I hope they are putting the 5000 lbs package to it.

It is a Crossover but it lacks the hill ascent function and downhill control.

The interior is inferior to Toyota... did I say that?

Mazda is more cheaper than Toyota with the same spec... so go figure. Mazda will prob price it exactly the same as the Grande. Toyota will not care!

I saw my car in the lot today. Picking the beast up Monday.

07112007538.jpg

The handle is nice. I like it (not fully silver but silver white and ... silver)

07112007537.jpg

Nice not far away now...

Does anyone know how the hill holder is meant to work?

And does your bluetooth drop in and out on the main big screen

looks very nice there takahasi. bet you cant wait.

Is that the pearl white ? - it almost looks a bit silvery.

It will be interesting to see what you think.

Our dealer confirmed we should be getting ours next thursday.

It is pearl white and it does look silvery under the Melbourne spring sun.. :yahoo: 2 colours for the price of one :yahoo:

I keep going to the dealer which is just across the road.....

What disc are you going to put in the audio. I think it will take anything so I am putting some TDKs... I used crappy CD-R for my RX-8's MP3 player and it never has trouble (tell you Mazda is using Pioneer with Bose speakers -- cheap :angry: )

It is pearl white and it does look silvery under the Melbourne spring sun.. :yahoo: 2 colours for the price of one :yahoo:

What disc are you going to put in the audio. I think it will take anything so I am putting some TDKs... I used crappy CD-R for my RX-8's MP3 player and it never has trouble (tell you Mazda is using Pioneer with Bose speakers -- cheap :angry: )

Two colours for the price of one I would have sworn that was Silver from the top Bonet shot. Our is defiantly a BLUE ONE....

I bet you cant wait?

Edited by PC XT

Two colours for the price of one I would have sworn that was Silver from the top Bonet shot. Our is defiantly a BLUE ONE....

I bet you cant wait?

Could be 4 colours for the price of one, I saw one in the showroom and as I was walking up to it I thought it was light blue and then from another angle it almost looked like a light purple.

I saw a classic blue WRX today and noticed the similarities with the new Kluger Tidal Blue...... I was wondering why the colour had a familiar look to it.

I saw a classic blue WRX today and noticed the similarities with the new Kluger Tidal Blue...... I was wondering why the colour had a familiar look to it.

Probably be my next Colour Subaru if I get my way! Then we will have two blue ones not a Black and a Blue one as we have now

Edited by PC XT

Probably be my next Colour Subaru if I get my way! Then we will have two blue ones not a Black and a Blue one as we have now

A white EVO X towed by a Crystal White Kluger :yahoo:

That is what I want, but prob not what I will get :rolleyes:

BTW, there is one sage colour in the lot today (I am loving the lunch break walk now).

08112007544.jpg

A white EVO X towed by a Crystal White Kluger :yahoo:

That is what I want, but prob not what I will get :rolleyes:

BTW, there is one sage colour in the lot today (I am loving the lunch break walk now).

08112007544.jpg

We can all dream.....

That Sage doesnt look nowhere near as olive/green as I thought it would, I thought it was graphite when I first saw the pic.

Is that rear window wiper really as small as it looks...I never payed that much attention to it before.

We can all dream.....

That Sage doesn't look nowhere near as olive/green as I thought it would, I thought it was graphite when I first saw the pic. I thought the same Graphite

Is that rear window wiper really as small as it looks...I never payed that much attention to it before.

I discovered today in the rain it is that small its a token wiper!

Also found out how to use the hill holder today you have to be on a Hill (oh derrr) in drive then stop and squash the brake pedal down harder than you would normally until you hear a beep then you can release your foot and the hill holder works for about five seconds. Hope it helps some one.

Also the icons on the Grande touch display that go dull so you cant press them are a safety feature so Toyota say......whilst the car is moving you cant Dial out on the display and do many other things ok how do we disconnect that boys??? Also reconfirmed NO MP3 Input aswell that really suxs for a $70K CAR

Hi All!

We took delivery of our new Kluger AWD Grande two weeks ago today and have been very happy with it so far. I'm a sucker for extras so went the whole hog. I got the nudge bar, bonnet protector, head light protectors, mud guards, side steps, mats, tow bar, roof racks and the Atlantis 600 coffin. Am now contemplating the pencil beam driving lights. :blink:

I couldn't be bothered waiting for two to three months for a car to be shipped from overseas, so we opted for the Sand Beige on Ebony model the dealer had in the show room. Got a VERY good price on the car due to a few very minor scratches from the hoard of people jumping in and out of the car while on show. How good I hear you ask. Let's just say Toyota must be desperate to take the crown from Ford. Between 5 and 10K desperate. :whistling: Just tell them the Ford Dealer next door is ready to do a great deal on a Territory! :toast:

Having driven the Kluger for two weeks the only complaints I have are:

- It rolls and pitches around corners almost as much as the '98 Prado I had until just recently.

- NO AUXILLARY INPUT FOR MY IPOD!!!!

- Audio System is ordinary for a car in this price range

On the topic of Audio Systems, I notice the 2008 Highlander Limited (US Version of the '07 Kluger Grande) has a 9 speaker system including an amp and sub woofer. I can't understand why Toyota did not, at the very least, offer this as an option. I would have bought it! Still on this topic and given the Highlander Limited also has a Sat Nav system with an Amp, can I conclude we aussies are able to connect an amp and additional speakers to our Grandes?

The Direct TPMS would have been nice also, though I have read these systems are not all that reliable and should not replace manual checking of tyre pressures. I like gadgets! :blink:

All in all I can highly recommend this vehicle to any family of four (or more) looking for a general purpose SUV.

Hi All!

We took delivery of our new Kluger AWD Grande two weeks ago today and have been very happy with it so far. I'm a sucker for extras so went the whole hog. I got the nudge bar, bonnet protector, head light protectors, mud guards, side steps, mats, tow bar, roof racks and the Atlantis 600 coffin. Am now contemplating the pencil beam driving lights. :blink:

I couldn't be bothered waiting for two to three months for a car to be shipped from overseas, so we opted for the Sand Beige on Ebony model the dealer had in the show room. Got a VERY good price on the car due to a few very minor scratches from the hoard of people jumping in and out of the car while on show. How good I hear you ask. Let's just say Toyota must be desperate to take the crown from Ford. Between 5 and 10K desperate. :whistling: Just tell them the Ford Dealer next door is ready to do a great deal on a Territory! :toast:

Having driven the Kluger for two weeks the only complaints I have are:

- It rolls and pitches around corners almost as much as the '98 Prado I had until just recently.

On the topic of Audio Systems, I notice the 2008 Highlander Limited (US Version of the '07 Kluger Grande) has a 9 speaker system including an amp and sub woofer. I can't understand why Toyota did not, at the very least, offer this as an option. I would have bought it! Still on this topic and given the Highlander Limited also has a Sat Nav system with an Amp, can I conclude we aussies are able to connect an amp and additional speakers to our Grandes?

The Direct TPMS would have been nice also, though I have read these systems are not all that reliable and should not replace manual checking of tyre pressures. I like gadgets! :blink:

All in all I can highly recommend this vehicle to any family of four (or more) looking for a general purpose SUV.

congrats!!!!!

i want pics!!!! :D

and a submission into the 08 tocau calender would be great too !!! someones gotta represent the kluger. :toast:

Also the icons on the Grande touch display that go dull so you cant press them are a safety feature so Toyota say......whilst the car is moving you cant Dial out on the display and do many other things ok how do we disconnect that boys??? Also reconfirmed NO MP3 Input aswell that really suxs for a $70K CAR

That is a recurrent theme that I hear ....

I found the system is better than my wife's current car and it is not much different from my 9 Speaker Bose in my RX-8. Hey, when you have a family of four and you are the only male in the family, you have no say to the music you listen! So the whole stacker is full of children song MP3 or Cantonese songs.

I have no need for iPod since 4 discs of MP3 is 600 songs???? surely you will finish the journey by then :unsure:

I only concern that it does not handle as well. Lucky I still have my sports car with me :whistling:

During my lunch walk today, I discovered one thing about the tow bar.

You know that the rear diffuser bit of the car is body colour?

When you have the tow bar, the white bit of it gone and replaced by a thick bar covered with black plastic ... then the tow connector stick out with the electronic cable socket on the left. It is a good unit for the price it listed (I think it is $900 odd), but I am just concern its look in the white car :blink: I am sure some black bit is ok in the white car.

congrats!!!!!

i want pics!!!!

I'm planning on detailing the car this weekend (Giving it a couple of coats of Maguiars Tech Wax). If you like, I can take an exterior and interior shot and post them on Sunday or Monday?!? :blink:

I found the system is better than my wife's current car and it is not much different from my 9 Speaker Bose in my RX-8. Hey, when you have a family of four and you are the only male in the family, you have no say to the music you listen! So the whole stacker is full of children song MP3 or Cantonese songs.

I have no need for iPod since 4 discs of MP3 is 600 songs???? surely you will finish the journey by then

I only concern that it does not handle as well. Lucky I still have my sports car with me

One of the benefits of the DVD player is the lack of integration into the audio system so the kids can tune out watching their favourite Disney movie while I listen to my iPod via the new Kensington FM transmitter. :yahoo: I like having 80GB of music at my disposal and not having to worry about burning new MP3 CDs from time to time. Let's face it. I bought the Kluger partly because I'm lazy. Smart Entry. Smart Start. Motorised tailgate. Foot park brake. :rolleyes:

We also purchased a Mazda 3 SP23 a couple of months ago so the 'lazy' handling of the Kluger is so more evident. I might look at replacing the sway bars and suspension bushes with some aftermarket products when (and if) they become available. I realise this thing will never handle the way the SP23 does, nor do I expect it to, however, it definitely needs improvement. Don't get me wrong, this is a wonderful vehicle and I have no regrets with the purchase, but I think it's our job to highlight the positives and negatives of our vehicles so prospective owners have some idea of what to expect. Let's face it, the sales person won't tell you!

Oh! I almost forgot. The advertised mileage is rubbish. I only managed to achieve 11.6 ltr/100kms on a drive to the coast. Around town I'm averaging 12.9 (Not using the sport shift). I suspect the sports shift would have roughly the same impact on the Kluger as it had on my SP23. Cut it down by 50%! :rolleyes: Can anyone say 'Lead Foot'?

I have also noticed some people comparing the Kluger Grande to the Lexus RX-350 on other forums. Let's make one thing clear. This is no Lexus and the two shouldn't be compared. This vehicle is almost $20K cheaper (fully optioned) than the RX-350 and in my opinion is much more suited to a young(er) family.

Anyway, I'm getting of topic, so I think it time I go ...