New Kluger

CAP

I don't use E10 91 RON unleaded. Don't see the point. I may use E5 100 RON V Power racing though :spiteful:. There is a good Shell station near home and in Victoria Shell is better than BP. Sydney may be different.

I think its a good idea to use higher octane like V-Power, Ultimate or Vortex, because you always seem to get better "kilometerage" using the better fuel and makes up for the extra cost.

Weve only been using the Caltex Hi Octane I think its the Vortex, so I cant comment on consumption yet, plus weve only got just over 1000km on the clock.

I also have an old Volvo 240 :whistling: , dont laugh, I think its the best car in the world, but fuel consumption on normal unleaded is very bad I can almost see the needle moving, but when I run premium fuel I really notice a huge difference in the days between going to the petrol stations, I have no idea on the km's saving because my odomoter stopped working 8 years ago.:lol:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hurray! :yahoo: Our Crystal Pearl KX-S was delivered today after someone else cancelled their order. Original wait was mid-feb, :whistling: lol.. If anyone is interested, Price :spiteful: 48603 driveaway with Side steps, Tow bar pack, F&R sensor, Front tint, roof rails, Floor mat and mud flaps.. Had a good drive on eastern fwy, except the sudden brake due to traffic :unsure: .. Hopefully didn't do too much damages.

Anyway nice car and praised by everyone in the office :toast: ..

Will post some pics later.. :P

Hurray! :yahoo: Our Crystal Pearl KX-S was delivered today after someone else cancelled their order. Original wait was mid-feb, :whistling: lol.. If anyone is interested, Price :spiteful: 48603 driveaway with Side steps, Tow bar pack, F&R sensor, Front tint, roof rails, Floor mat and mud flaps.. Had a good drive on eastern fwy, except the sudden brake due to traffic :unsure: .. Hopefully didn't do too much damages.

Anyway nice car and praised by everyone in the office :toast: ..

Will post some pics later.. :P

Is it AWD?

:toast: Just ordered today an ebony Grande replacement for our white 2003 CVX :toast:

:spiteful: I'm talking KLUGER here :spiteful:

Dec 07 order, for March 08 delivery.

Being a new model - there don't seem to be any bargains out there. Just brought it of the same guys we brought our first Kluger from. Haggled with the fleet manager for an hour or so, and got a bit off RRP, and some mats thrown in for free.

:yahoo: We are all excited now - but sorry to part with our old one. The old CVX has just been SO GOOD! :yahoo:

:unsure: I just hope the new ones are just as good, or even better. :unsure:

Edited by Leon Allen

Of course, from a CVX to a Grande is a big improvement.

I have sat in the old Grande. I think everything is an improvement but I can sense and feel the similarity between the 2.

The comfort is the same, and I think the room inside is heaps more in the new model. In fact, the old model make me want to see the new. Not disappointed at all.

Nothing to rival this 4WD. Talking about rivals, the CX-9 is now coming late, lauching 6 month behind schedule (which is due today). But the website has something on.

http://www.mazda.com.au/cx9/

I think the dealer has problem getting the first shipment in that is all.

I just read ONE thing... fuel consumption 13.0L/100km :o . My RX-8 is listed as 12.6L and let me tell you I don't like it when I fuel up. My friend's CX-7 is listed at 11.7L and he drives at 16L/100km

Edited by takahashi

Is it AWD?

It's only a 2WD, didn't think the extra Cost+Rego+Insur justified the price with minimal usage on 4WD.

On the other hand, I notice there is a light knocking sound when I was making a full turn on the wheel. It was louder at first and getting weaker, but I can feel the uneven on the steering. Anyone else had the same experience? :help:

Is it AWD?

It's only a 2WD, didn't think the extra Cost+Rego+Insur justified the price with minimal usage on 4WD.

On the other hand, I notice there is a light knocking sound when I was making a full turn on the wheel. It was louder at first and getting weaker, but I can feel the uneven on the steering. Anyone else had the same experience? :help:

No I don't have it but knocking noise on turning is one of 3 things in RX-8 which I am familiar with, and will be the same in any car I suppose: They are springs, shocks and anti-roll bar.

I am not sure Kluger has any roll bars.

I think the spring could be setting in.

Shock is brand new so they should not make noise.

BTW - what is the insurance for you. I am an old man and mine is $700 rating 1 with AAMI

I am not sure Kluger has any roll bars.

I think the spring could be setting in.

Shock is brand new so they should not make noise.

BTW - what is the insurance for you. I am an old man and mine is $700 rating 1 with AAMI

Yeah.. hopefully the noise will be gone sooner then later.. ;)

I'm an old man too(but young at heart of course :yahoo: ).. lol.. mine is R1 with AAMI too but I paid 750 :angry: . hmmm.. they said I can claim something back with multi insur.. I will check with them again.. lol...

Yeah.. hopefully the noise will be gone sooner then later.. ;)

I'm an old man too(but young at heart of course :yahoo: ).. lol.. mine is R1 with AAMI too but I paid 750 :angry: . hmmm.. they said I can claim something back with multi insur.. I will check with them again.. lol...

I just quote it again with the same info, the only difference is the car is 1 month old.

$778! :unsure:

For those guys going fleet I got a huge discount.

My fleet actually goes through orix, However I was not happy with the quote Orix game me. So I sent a one page fax letterhead

with my company logo to 10 toyota dealerships, Got some great and not so great pricing back. I found I could get an extra 3000

off then what orix had quoted me!

To put it simply got a grande awd with front/rear sensors, towpack, roof bars, floor mats, metalic paint for just over 61000 ( drive away ).

• 3 weeks later...

My fleet actually goes through orix, However I was not happy with the quote Orix game me. So I sent a one page fax letterhead

with my company logo to 10 toyota dealerships, Got some great and not so great pricing back. I found I could get an extra 3000

To put it simply got a grande awd with front/rear sensors, towpack, roof bars, floor mats, metalic paint for just over 61000 ( drive away ).

Congrats Nice work! What Colour?

I Can't stand the wait!

I've been tracking the progress of our new :toast:Kluger :toast: using the web tracking facility, and nothing has happened in a whole month!

Still on order.

Still on order.

Still on order.

Still on order. :o

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink: :blink: :blink::blink::blink: :blink: :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Am I being impatient?

YES!

Was I expecting a better experience?

YES!!

Is it too much to expect that an immensely popular new car might be subjected to some minor delays in delivery?

YES!!

Ahhhhhrrrrrrrr!

Edited by LBW

Congrats Nice work! What Colour?

Now I feel really bad. Oh what a (I got done) feeling! The drive away price I got, after 1 hour of haggling, was 64,800 (with rear parking sensors and side bars, and cargo mat) No front sensors, no tow pack, no roof bars. I feel like I've been had. :(

And it's status is still only "On Order" after one month of waiting.

On my contract of sale, est. Delivery date is Jan 08. I was told realistically, that meant March 08.

Now, where's my valium?

Somehow I think how come. I order my car before Oct and deliver within 2 weeks! We were thinking if we should change from Crystal Pearl or Graphite but the dealer told me that your car was here!

I am not paying much more than you are and I am private with trade in and on finance. Company is paying for it every month with my slight overtime compensation... I cannot complain. :yahoo:

Its hard to negotiate a great deal on a new high demand Japanese model thats why I was Lucky enough to score a demo with some extras about 1k worth I walked out of the dealer ship because they could not do the deal with the tow bar which I still have not got. :angry: at 64,800 you still got an ok deal as it includes your extras and on road costs :yahoo: What colour did you decide on?

Edited by PC XT

Its hard to negotiate a great deal on a new high demand Japanese model thats why I was Lucky enough to score a demo with some extras about 1k worth I walked out of the dealer ship because they could not do the deal with the tow bar which I still have not got. :angry: at 64,800 you still got an ok deal as it includes your extras and on road costs :yahoo: What colour did you decide on?

Thanks your your interest and reply.

My Wife chose Ebony (black).

I'm acutely aware of all the pro's (e.g. just looks great!!) and cons (hot; hard to keep clean??) of black, but my darling Wife insisted on black this time.

(Our current Kluger CVX is white - I got to choose the colour last time)

Any one have any experience or opinion on black? Is it really hard to keep clean?

Never owned a black car befor ein my life.

Edited by LBW

've been tracking the progress of our new :toast:Kluger :toast: using the web tracking facility,

Web tracking facility?

Hi,

Thanks for your interest and your reply.

Customers who place an order for a new Toyota have access to Customer Order Web Tracking.

Your dealer should provide you with a User Code and Password to access this facility via the internet. This information is sent to you via a letter in the post, shortly after signing the sales contract.

Got to www.toyota.com.au, and click on the Track my new Toyota link near the bottom left hand corner.

Log in using your given User Code and password, Agree to the disclaimer, and you can view the status of your order.

Perhaps go back to your dealer and inquire about accessing the facility if you did not get a letter.

The user code is your customer order number, and the password is supplied by Toyota.

post-6312-1199629680_thumb.jpg

've been tracking the progress of our new :toast:Kluger :toast: using the web tracking facility,

Web tracking facility?

Hi,

Customers who place an order for a new Toyota have access to Customer Order Web Tracking.

Your dealer should provide you with a User Code and Password to access this facility via the internet. This information is sent to you via a letter in the post, shortly after signing the sales contract.

Got to www.toyota.com.au, and click on the Track my new Toyota link near the bottom left hand corner.

Log in using your given User Code and password, Agree to the disclaimer, and you can view the status of your order.

Perhaps go back to your dealer and inquire about accessing the facility if you did not get a letter.

The user code is your customer order number, and the password is supplied by Toyota.

Web tracking facility?

Hi,

I havent got a letter of any kind yet and the contract was signed 20/12/07.. Damn, time to call up the dealer and ask

Thanks for the info!

Gentlemen....

Kaos here :yahoo: Firstly,a big hello to all my covert friends in these pages that I have been reading about for months.It is because of you that my company finds itself in more debt(more about that later).I came across your forum several months ago and logged in every day to catch up with the days happenings.Upon finally ordering my KLUGER (KX-S) on 10-12-07,I decided to join your merry gang and KAOS was born.

My trips to the site became more frequent and reached fever pitch on 28-12-07 when I upgraded my order to a Glacier Grande with Nudge bar,Side steps,Tow pack,Cargo mat and carpet mats :clap: (All this for just over 60k and I haven't even asked for freebies yet :whistling: )because I couldn't stand all you smug bas*#^ds gloating about your Grande's.(hence the company debt!!!)

Now,back on track,I to was wondering about the tracking accessability and not having received any letters from Toyota,I fronted my Fleet salesman and aquired my access numbers from him.Raced home in the XR8,onto the site and all it told me was that it is indeed on order but they have no idea when it will be on the line;Salesman said maybe March delivery :( .It's like getting a new bike for your Birthday and not being able to ride it until Xmas(just like engagement and marriage!!!)So ,the tracking is useful but it's more like Japanese water torture if your hanging out for your car.

One more thing before I fall off my soap box :spiteful: With the popularity of the Kluger,SURELY we deserve our own Forum heading.If the mighty Camry,Prius and even the bloody Tarago have individual categories,we can lose the other riff raff and stand tall and proud on our own :toast: What do ya reckon,give us a go !!!!!!!!!!!!