Gear selector Cable

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 'Fix' is still in it's trial stage, I guess those that have had it done need to monitor and see what happens in the next few months before they (Toyota) can say if the fix actually works or if it is just a temporary solution to a larger problem...

This is the same thing I have been told, still in trial stage. Have rang my dealer, they said the fix is on the way, and we will get similar letters as per our ECU/CAP recall. Dealer suggested late Nov 04.

is it a factory clucth or the TRD one u were talking about??

F@ck the factory clutch. Slip... Slip... Slip :(

Nothing but good feedback on the TRD unit & bad feedback overseas on the stock clutch, besides it would probably work out cheaper than the standard one knowing Toyota Australia's pricing!

Besides with the grinding we get at times swapping gears, and who knows long term what that will do to the gearbox, we felt it more logical to get the stronger clutch!

Ok people drum roll please

The part numbers are as follows

Gear selector Cables

Part #: TO3382012A11

Description: CABLE G/SHIFT

New Gear Knob

Part #: TO3350413071-B0

Description: KNOB S/A EK03

Ok guys had this mod done on the car today and will take it for a thrash tonight. Just letting you all know though that these are actually trial parts and are being tested to see if they fix the problem. So i dont know if dealerships will just order them out of the blue. Unsure about this one.

Anyway thanks for coming and enjoy the show ;) :lol: ;) :lol:

Cheers

Bill

Super slueth delivering again ;) ;)

Ok people drum roll please

The part numbers are as follows

Gear selector Cables

Part #: TO3382012A11

Description: CABLE G/SHIFT

New Gear Knob

Part #: TO3350413071-B0

Description: KNOB S/A EK03

Ok guys had this mod done on the car today and will take it for a thrash tonight. Just letting you all know though that these are actually trial parts and are being tested to see if they fix the problem. So i dont know if dealerships will just order them out of the blue. Unsure about this one.

Anyway thanks for coming and enjoy the show ;) :lol: ;) :lol:

Cheers

Bill

Super slueth delivering again ;) ;)

Thanks.. :)

Please give us feedback on the new gear selector cable..

also is the new gear knob any different from the old one ? any pics ? hehehe

So is it working mate, like with the "tight, sticky, notchy & crunchy" shifting feel and with the rattles?

its fantastic, no notches, smooth transistions, tighter feel and best of all, there is not a rattle to be heard!! even with music off and windows up :D

although i can now hear the squeaks and quirks of the suspension tho, but i can live with that

So is it working

although i can now hear the squeaks and quirks of the suspension tho, but i can live with that

What do u mean by that ?? did you only get it after u did ur recall ? cos i am experiencing noise from the front right suspension.

So is it working mate, like with the "tight, sticky, notchy & crunchy" shifting feel and with the rattles?

its fantastic, no notches, smooth transistions, tighter feel and best of all, there is not a rattle to be heard!! even with music off and windows up :D

That's great news mate but i thought the clutch was the cause of the "sticking or locking-up" of shifter at very high revs? Do you still have the stock clutch?

What do u mean by that ?? did you only get it after u did ur recall ? cos i am experiencing noise from the front right suspension.

nah, i think its always been there but the rattles were more of a distraction. every time i get a service done they say they tightened the suspension, but the sqeaks are always there...i guess its a characteristic of the car? :huh:

That's great news mate but i thought the clutch was the cause of the "sticking or locking-up" of shifter at very high revs?  Do you still have the stock clutch?

nah at high revs it feels similar, i never did have that much of a problem changing gears at high revs, it does sometimes get stuck on the odd occasion...its the same now, but it doesn't feel as harsh when it occurs.

What i meant by smooth changes was with normal driving, my old one just wasn't as smooth and had a looser feel.

FINALLY!!!

I got through to toyota and told them about the parts with #'s (BIG THX TO BILL) and told them that I know its only a test but my gearbox/changing is geting on rediculous (its not but thats what I tell them ;) )

They finally got back to me yesterday and I'm booked in for next week to get it all fitted.

Can we just have a show of hands (PM me please) as to those who have had the cables/knob done and have found it to be an improvement??

Ta

Dan

hi guys, i had the recall work done on Tuesday (MCT), and i raised the gear selector cable issue with the tech guy told me the parts have been ordered from japan for me and will call when they arrive.

one thing he told me was that my car did not require the new gear knob as it was not in a certain range (chasis #)....did any of you guys get the same message???

cheers

C

just got my letter today saying that my gear selector cables have arrived (i mentioned it to them during my 20,000km service that my gear selector cables required replacement 03 Sep 04).

car is booked in to have the cables put in next tuesday. i asked if i will be getting the gear knob, and one person said that i should, because the whole thing should come as a kit, and when i asked again today, another service guy said he'd tell me on the day that i day i get my cables replaced.

=)