ATT ALL S'TVIO OWNERS DOIN ECU UPGRADE

xoom

Hi Guys,

Just thought id let you all know that if you do your ECU upgrade if when u then turn the car on you notice that the security light is flashing this is NOT a fault.

All this simply means is the security system is in simple key register mode or something. All you need to do is tell the guys at the service dept to register your keys with the security system.

If you have gone home already you can do it yourself for the black coloured keys but will need to see the service dept to do it for the grey coloured key.

All you do is put the black key in the ignition turn it all the way until just before the car starts ...IE DO NOT TURN THE CAR ON just have it so that all the dash lights come on and pump the brake pedal 5 times within before 10 seconds is up and walla thats it.

And NO this is not a joke. I had to do this as one of the kind fellows from Castle Hill toyota followed up why the car was doing this. What a champ he is.

So i read before one of you guys pulled the ecu back out and put the old 1 back in im sorry for you but this is all that needed to be done.

Cheers

Bill

I guess this is the reason why they require all my keys when I brought the car in today. But what a simple solution. On my old Holden, to reset the remote, you had to put the keys in ignition, do the same thing but press the button on the remote when the car is on.

Neat little tricks.

Just got my car back. :D did the recall work at Phil Ghilbert. I'm not sure if the car is quicker but i can definitely feel an improvement with torque around 3500rpm onward. Engine sounds a little louder and meaner too. :D Hey. i forgot to see if the security light was flashing...too busy trying to hit lift in between traffic lights on the way back to work. hehehe

The transition from Lift back down to low cams seems smoother too. maybe it's got to do with the new fuel map or something :huh:

Just got my car back. :D did the recall work at Phil Ghilbert. I'm not sure if the car is quicker but i can definitely feel an improvement with torque around 3500rpm onward. Engine sounds a little louder and meaner too. :D Hey. i forgot to see if the security light was flashing...too busy trying to hit lift in between traffic lights on the way back to work. hehehe

The transition from Lift back down to low cams seems smoother too. maybe it's got to do with the new fuel map or something :huh:

qkslvr,

did you take all your keys with you? :o

I'll be taking my car down to Phil Gilbert next Tuesday and I wanna know if you did... :D

Lawrence