ZRE Front strut braces

Bought this TRD strut bar from the States a while ago and thought i did my homework by measuring sedans and hatches and what US has thats Jap built and so on, got it and all excited and was a perfect fit,EXCEPT for one minor thing,cos its for LHD the brake fluid reservoir was in the way,one thing i overlooked then..

I guess now iknow what the kink in the bar was for :whistling: Was nice too,oh well..

007.jpg

008-1.jpg

Priced the C-One bar and about $400 shipped but i dont like the look of it. TOMS have one too and i think Prolex UK have them and the Cusco one which i cant find anywhere. Any more then please let us know thanks.. :)

C-ONE

towerbar_auris_f.jpg

TOMS

Toms1.jpg

CUSCO

cusco.jpg

trd one looks nice, anyway of moving or reloating the brake fluid by a little? but I think TOM looks subtle and my pick would be TOM..

how much did the trd one cost (incl shipping)

trd one looks nice, anyway of moving or reloating the brake fluid by a little? but I think TOM looks subtle and my pick would be TOM..

Wasnt worth the trouble, I think i paid about $330 AUD shipped and sold it for $300 so could've been worse i guess..

Toms looks OK too but UK has highest postage in the world(fact) but i'll price it and post it up when i can.. Cusco would be the cheapest but cant seem to find it yet.

sad to hear john.

would be really interested in the braces if you could get hold of one that would fit. i think another fella had the same problem that you have on ebay, unless youre the one that posted it on ebay lol.

Wasnt worth the trouble, I think i paid about $330 AUD shipped and sold it for $300 so could've been worse i guess..

Toms looks OK too but UK has highest postage in the world(fact) but i'll price it and post it up when i can.. Cusco would be the cheapest but cant seem to find it yet.

330 shipped is damn cheap for TRD considered good buy but a bummer that it didnt fit..

For 400 odd dollars for another strut bar I would just cut up the TRD one and make it fit. Cut out the actual strut and reuse the mounts and weld a bar in that fits. It is pretty useless to you if it doesn't fit and the costs of selling it back to someone in the USA would leave you at a loss anyway, so may as well make the best out of it. And you can have it powder coated red again if you want to keep it looking TRD.

Sorry to hear about your mishap John.

I managed to get some Cusco part numbers that you and fellow ZRE owners might be interested in.:)

- Front Strut Brace = 942 540 A

- Front Underbody Brace = 942 475 A

- Front Sway Bar = 925 311 A30

- Rear Sway Bar = 942 311 B16

All these can be ordered through Nengun auctions, and i'm pretty sure JDM Yard can import Cusco parts aswell.

Sorry to hear about your mishap John.

Good stuff Jesse thanks for the numbers.

[ Another ZRE mishap .... ]

Hopefully not many more ;)

[/What's wrong with the C-One one John? they do all the same job don't they?]

Oh did i forget to mention iam vain :D :D

SD: Ended up selling it in Europe, huge loss if i sold it to US again.

HAHA were u the one on ebay selling it? bcos i saw one on ebay that was selling it from sydney that had the same reason as you did?

Those bars are pretty expensive compared to the C-one! where are you getting those prices from John?

Vinh

The Toms bar is from PROLEX UK, Toyota and Lexus stuff.. C-one from Nengun is $340 shipped,not bad i think..

Those bars are pretty expensive compared to the C-one! where are you getting those prices from John?

Vinh

The Toms bar is from PROLEX UK, Toyota and Lexus stuff.. C-one from Nengun is $340 shipped,not bad i think..

Yeah I go mine from Nengun.

Vinh

• 7 months later...
Couple more Cusco items,now iam trying to track them down,here's hoping more to come.

CSF1.jpg

cuscofront.jpg

Race born also import cusco stuff if your interested.. last time i asked for a front sruct for my car (05 sportivo) it was like 330-350 deliveried

not to sure about your car... when i asked the AUS dollar was really bad too.. so yeah price could be better now.

http://www.raceborn.com/index.html

Found a high res pic of the TOM's... Looks like Cusco and the C-ONE are more refined.

Any comments? I was excited about getting it.

http://www.prolex-uk.com/store/images/TOM%...53680-tge15.jpg

So have you got this now mate? Or are you just thinking about it? Price is fairly reasonable anyway!

Found a high res pic of the TOM's... Looks like Cusco and the C-ONE are more refined.

Any comments? I was excited about getting it.

http://www.prolex-uk.com/store/images/TOM%...53680-tge15.jpg

So have you got this now mate? Or are you just thinking about it? Price is fairly reasonable anyway!

No I haven't bought it yet, I was wondering what other member's thoughts were...