Vick's Aurion

VF-X

Finally, I got my ***** to write my own page about my Car.. Been a member for around 2 years, and for that long, never bothered to create this coz I thought my car didn't look that different to stock. Well, to cut long story short, It's a Black Aurion ZR6 fully optioned, bought it Oct 2007... 1st Mod I did was the HIDs, next was the rims.

I got 8,500K and I brought my wheels from Indo. They said this is a limited edition, explains why the wide for front and rear is different, but never actually believe that. I took this simply this looks amazing IMO.

So It's 20", with 8.5 for the front and 9.5 for rear. Black Dove with Chrome lips, rolling on Kumho Ecsta 20/30/245 and 20/35/225.

gallery_7404_521_291992.jpg

gallery_7404_521_122158.jpg

This is the look b4 it's lowered... I know it's fugly, due to the photo as well.. But after the lower, it's a world apart.

gallery_7404_521_264122.jpg

gallery_7404_521_203514.jpg

And the looks after lowered is this

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

And from last update, it becomes like this...

Teaser1.jpg

I got the front bumper re-modelled. It's actually a similar one to the Sportivo Kit. And the grill, obviously is the Lexus Grill. And Varex exhausts with resonator off the system. All good so Far.. laugh.gif.

I'll take more pictures tomorrow, and improve this page as to be more clearer and better to be seen. I just insisted to make it today, don't wanna postpone it any longer. Hahah.. laugh.gif

I have more mods coming on, but having a life as a Uni student, I have a very tight budget. Comments are very welcome as how to improve the looks on my car. Any + / - ones. No hard feelings. Instead, Thank you!

Looking great Vick. It's got the really smooth VIP look to it... but for some reason, to me it screams like it is a fast car underneath.

Hint, hint :lol:

Very nice dude u finally posted ur car :clap:

i wonder what mod are u gonna do next? :g:

Hahah.. Yea Thanks. Next Mod prolly gonna do little improvement here and there like LEDs and such before going into another huge ones. DIY interior to light up the foot area, DJKOR did this the 1st time.

Prolly next one is just a K&N filter.

awsome mate!! looks hot! loving the grill! makes me want mine even more!! hahah post more pics dude!

Will do tonite, I asked a friend who does Photo and asked him last nite to do my car, apparently he cbf. He said tonite he'll do it, so yea. Hopefully gonna get great pics *fingers crossed*.

About bloody time...car looks great man,keep doing what your doing well done. :toast:

maybe a future mod could be LED park light globes ;)

I actually have a change of parker lights when I swapped my springs to Pedders. Because my alternator died like a year ago, some of the LEDs replacement got blown. I know the number plate was blown coz Toyota told me. I assume Parker lights and gearbox are some of em coz I just noticed recently they didn't work.

Yea.. Ingres has been pushing me to improve my Interior with LEDs. So I will get Parkers done with the Interior at the same time.

Looking great Vick. It's got the really smooth VIP look to it... but for some reason, to me it screams like it is a fast car underneath.

Hint, hint :lol:

I think I know what you meant Daryl... But I bet it's not good for my pocket.. :lol:

I think I know what you meant Daryl... But I bet it's not good for my pocket.. :lol:

May not be good for the pocket.... but boy will the results be more than worth it.

Me thinks your car is a perfect candidate for a turbo job ;)

This is the photo that makes me see the fast side of it. Despite it missing a few of the later mods, I'm sure the 'stance' would just give the same effect:

IMG_0069.jpg

May not be good for the pocket.... but boy will the results be more than worth it.

This is the photo that makes me see the fast side of it. Despite it missing a few of the later mods, I'm sure the 'stance' would just give the same effect:

Vick, now u can see who is the REAL POISON .. it has to be Daryl ... hahahha..

Edited by Ingres

My mate is such a dawg. He caught a flu and couldn't go out last night as it was freezing he said. I feel like beating the crap out of him, thou not so wise to do it to some1 who's gonna take ur car's pictures. :lol: . I'll try him again tomorrow night.

Sigh*.. I sometimes still miss my old front look. No clue why I still like the front sportivo look. Not that I don't like what It is now.. Maybe I'm caught in the middle of these two..

I was thinking as far as a Supercharger...Turbo.. LOL!

As tempting as it sounds, I don't think I'll be goin for a Turbo Job.. We'll see where the wind takes me. :P.

very nice bro, btw are you indo bro?

Yea... Thought I told you before..? :lol:

woah that is very nice
Very nice man. Black on black FTW.

Thanks.. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Bit of an update.

Just did my bumper cut to fit in the tips I bought over from Thai.. Unfortunately, due to tight schedule and bludgers at the panel beaters, I couldn't get it done today. So I'll take pics prolly after they're all done on Tuesday.

I got things to ask. The panel beater had to take my bumper off to do the cutting, and I notice my Rear Wheel Housing Splash Liner is fcked, both sides. It doesn't cover the area up to the vender anymore. Will this create a problem in short/long term?

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since I update my last mods.. There are actually more Mods than the ones I only posted.. Need to get here more often. Anw, here's my latest mod.

I have Varex as discussed very often in the forum. 2.5" inch oval inlet, Single tip as shown below..

VarexTip.jpg

Liking the sound of it, but not the look. I dcided to swap with the one I chose, inspired by the Thai and SG-ers. Credit to both communities.

In order to install this, Firstly, I need to buy it and ship it from overseas to here *Duh* :huh: Secondly, and the harsh and hardest part, I need to cut part of the bumper plastic in order to fit in the tip. This isn't an easy job according to the Smash Repairers and they can't guarantee if the finish is a bit messy.

Due to my urge to have this mod, I took the risk anw, and will do somethin about it.

This is the pic with the Muffler tip cut and the bumper cut.

NoTip.jpg

According to the 2nd exhaust shop I went to, the 1st exhaust shop I went 1st time to install my muffler did a half-***** Job, the muffler was not sitting at its highest point, that they're fairly visible from behind. Risk to higher bumps and expose themselves more to the police for ground clearance.. So the 2nd shop fixed it for me, they straightened the muffler and evrything. Now it's sittin at its highest, still visible but not as much..

This is the pic of the process of installing the new tip.

Half-AssTip.jpg

And Finally, this is the new look for my new look. Pretty happy with it until I'm able to figure how to smoothen up the cut parts. Got few thoughts in my mind, but wanna consider which will look the best.

SwappedTip.jpg

Edit: I also need to cut the bit piece of metal in the bumper as it gets in the way where the tip sits.. Weird enough, it's only on one side..

Edited by VF-X

I looked at the first photo and was wondering why the heck he had the oxy torch out. Made sense after you said he was repositioning it.

He is right, they did do a bit of a dodgy job. They should have utilised the existing muffler mounts by welding on a mounting piece at the top.

Anyways, as for fixing the bumper, a lot of fine sanding and some careful painting should do the trick.

I looked at the first photo and was wondering why the heck he had the oxy torch out. Made sense after you said he was repositioning it.

That's the 1st exhaust shop I went to, finished the dodgy job.. :lol:

Anyways, as for fixing the bumper, a lot of fine sanding and some careful painting should do the trick.

That's what I thought too at first, which I reckon is the only way. But this guy suggested I can stick some sort of black metal (forgot wat it's called), to cover the visible part of the muffler, and some rubber-seals for the un-smooth finishing.

If u see the last picture, the right tip needs a bit of twist adjustment to left and the left tip needs to be pulled out a bit. I'll do that after my parents finish their holiday here..

Edited by VF-X

Awesome Vick :clap:

post up some pics of her sitting on the ground,this will give us a better view of how she looks,but i'm liking what i see so far. :)

and yeah the job looks a little rough but hey nothing that can't be fixed.

well done mate,great mod.

I'm not sure of the drone, but the sound now seems a bit louder than before.. There were times I thought I fully opened em, in fact I only did half. The valve is still working perfectly. Tip swapped on Varex is possible as long as the exhaust shop doesn't cut into the muffler. I did actually ask the X force people and they confirmed it.

As for the cost associated, sounds a bit pricey coz I need to fix the half-***** job, which basically means re-do the Varex from start. The other cost is the bumper-cut. I reckon the bumper cut is easy to do, possible to DIY. But looking at the result, I'm very happy.

I think I need to take off the spoiler to bring out the tip mod and swapped it with ducktail. What you guys reckon?