Steve's Aurion ZR6

Steven

Have done quite a few mods to my car since starting this thread so I thought I'd better update the front page.

2007 Aurion ZR6 with factory sunroof and leather interior

Current mods (as of 15/1/2011)

Aftermarket DVD/GPS Unit with upgraded GPS Antenna

Lexus IS350 Steering wheel and Airbag with working paddle-shifters

Lexus IS series gear knob (shortened shifter)

Custom made strut brace

Sports exhaust with Varis muffler and modified Y-merge pipe

White LED footwell lighting

Aftermarket M-Style front grill and custom mesh in upper/lower grills

Blackened Headlights

Aurion S2 Taillights

Eclipse front speakers and mini vifa XT25 tweeters running off Alpine amplifiers in Custom boot install

4800k HIDs, Hi and Lo beam

Blue/white dash illumination

Carbon fibre overlay throughout the interior

Subwoofer in custom fibreglass box

Traction Control "off" module/switch

Complete LED Interior light upgrade

Toyota "Harrier" badge replacement front and rear

Whiteline 19mm rear anti-roll bar

Micro-suede interior trim pieces

Projector foglights

Mods in progress

:whistling:

Future Mods in no particular order...

18 or 19 inch wheels

Lowered suspension

Air Intake

Brake upgrade

Update 17/04/2011

Pics updated. Impromptu photoshoot at random location with cheap camera <_<

post-13080-0-21978900-1303014899_thumb.j

post-13080-0-88456100-1303014905_thumb.j

post-13080-0-75408100-1303014911_thumb.j

post-13080-0-29831200-1303014921_thumb.j

post-13080-0-07679100-1303014946_thumb.j

post-13080-0-54236900-1303014977_thumb.j

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Steve...great job on the CF wrap,also in your future mods you mention wheels,what size & style?

and 3 mods you missed,coilovers & UR strut brace and rear sway bar. :P just playin mate,your car looks great keep up the good work.

few things in development right now. I was hoping to get my sub box finished this weekend but alas the Epoxy gods thought otherwise (damn you sticky bastards).

Here's how it currently looks

post-13080-127227118569_thumb.jpg

That interior wrap looks awesome, gets away from that tacky plastic-y silver. Was it difficult to do?

It can get a bit fiddly, but more time consuming than difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

just an update considering I haven't done one for awhile.

Subbox is nearing completion, should have it mostly ready in a week or 2.

Custom grill is causing me grief, no idea when I'll have it done.

Just ordered 100 5mm white leds for the interior etc. I know proper ready to go leds are available for interior lighting, but the 5mm cost me $6 delivered and they're not bad to work with

Cant wait to see your subbox competed Steve, have you had a chance to measure the voume?

Make sure you have your leds finished for 2 thursdays time as i wont be there this week :P i was going to go jaycar on the weekend and get the ones Daryl mentioned but i was to lazy and i was more interested in getting my xperia lol.

Cant wait to see your subbox competed Steve, have you had a chance to measure the voume?

Make sure you have your leds finished for 2 thursdays time as i wont be there this week :P i was going to go jaycar on the weekend and get the ones Daryl mentioned but i was to lazy and i was more interested in getting my xperia lol.

I won't be a this weeks meet either due to work commitments.

Yep measured it the other day using water, came to about 34L, which is pretty close to what I wanted.

Factory GPS is out and sold, though it seems I'm going to have to wait a couple of weeks before getting the new one so no music for awhile :(

Factory GPS is out and sold, though it seems I'm going to have to wait a couple of weeks before getting the new one so no music for awhile :(

Ive got my factory one you can use in the mean time if you want. Can bring it thursday night.

Ive got my factory one you can use in the mean time if you want. Can bring it thursday night.

I've got two :lol:. I can drop one off today while I am out and about.

thanks for the offer mate, but I took Daryl up on his as on second thought I couldn't wait that long :)

DJKOR - Cheers mate, you're an absolute champ

thanks for the offer mate, but I took Daryl up on his as on second thought I couldn't wait that long :)

DJKOR - Cheers mate, you're an absolute champ

You're welcome mate. Music is just one of those things that you have to have while driving. These two head units aren't of any use in the cupboard here anyways.

I'm sure driving long periods without any sound counts as torture in some countries (afterall it's women who invented it)

But, I have music again! also took the opportunity to adjust the storage bins slightly as some of the carbon fibre was lifting and jamming it. On that note I'm seriously thinking of redoing it, but this time using superglue as well. It simply lifts out at the edges too easily.

Hows your sub grill going.

I just need to take a sander to the box on wednesday, then it will be ready for carpeting etc. Not sure what I'll be doing grill wise.

^ I see what you did there. Good effort mate. You must have a few good tools at your place to be able to bend the pieces at the end.

^ I see what you did there. Good effort mate. You must have a few good tools at your place to be able to bend the pieces at the end.

The pics don't really show, but the end pieces where it bolts to the strut towers are actually welded. I wish I had the tools to bend 4mm plate steel :)

maybe the its just the camera, but your engine bay looks like a pale yellow and not the gold colour of the outside of your car... :huh:

either way, thats pretty cool man... how much did it end up costing you?