Diesel into a Yaris

crazydrifter

My girlfriend poured diesel into her car. The store attendant said it doesn't take it. Is this true or is she getting ripped off? If you need anymore info, please ask. Its a silver colour

The car at the moment is in my front yard. She said it made noises and struggled?? Luckily its only across the road from my house.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend poured diesel into her car. The store attendant said it doesn't take it. Is this true or is she getting ripped off? If you need anymore info, please ask. Its a silver colour

The car at the moment is in my front yard. She said it made noises and struggled?? Luckily its only across the road from my house.

Open the fuel flap door thingy and inside should be a sticker saying what type of fuel it takes...

I dont know much about yaris's but im pretty sure they arent diesel... lol

Oh dear god. You clearly had the wrong fuel put in and instead of draining the fuel, you decide to start the engine again.

Sorry to say, but someone's mother is going to be unhappy.

1) I don't know how you/she managed to not notice the "Unleaded fuel only" sticker on the tank, plus also notice the fuel nozzle doesn't fit.

2) <Statement retracted>

Found some spare oil in the garage and pour it in, didn't seem to work. Any help PLRAEASE!! Should i call lube mobile? Only got 4 more hours til the mother comes home

And what made you think oil will fix it? Hope you weren't stupid enough to pour it into the fuel tank as well.

* 3) If you are here trolling, go away.

No im not that stupid to put oil in the petrol tank. Guys! Its my gf thats stupid, shes the one that pour the diesel in the car, not me!!!

Whats troll? I just typed in toyota forum australia on google and found you guys?

So should i call lube mobile?

No im not that stupid to put oil in the petrol tank. Guys! Its my gf thats stupid, shes the one that pour the diesel in the car, not me!!!

Whats troll? I just typed in toyota forum australia on google and found you guys?

So should i call lube mobile?

You shouldn't be so hard on your GF man, I mean you thought that putting oil into your engine would help.

I forsee replacing many parts of the fuel system.

If its an Australian yaris, it most definitely will NOT run on diesel... DO NOT drive it any further as you may (and already could have) cause serious damage to the engine.

By the sound if it, your best bet is to get it towed to a dealership and have them sort it out.

michwheels, i can't get it towed away. her parents will know. sigh

i was going to score with her as well but now shes all stressed out and being a fridget

anyways, if its just bad fuel, cant i cut a hose and let it come out? don't we live in a technological advanced era where if things like this does happen, a simple fix is available? fml

What do i need to replace? Cna i buy it from supercheap autos? I dont have much $$ on me. Can you recommend parts under $100 Doesn't hgave to be toyota brand or whatever.

You will need to drain the entire fuel system, the tank, check all the lines, filters, etc... and HOPE you have not damaged the motor, but i repeat... DO NOT DRIVE OR START THE CAR!

Called my friend and he said i should buy a Walbro fuel pump and it should pump all the bad fuel out of the car. Where can i get this?

a walbro will not help you (also they are ~200$).... where are you located?

north shore area

is lube mobile ok? she doesn't care for permanent damages. as long as the car can run and work, its ok.

im pretty handy with the screwdriver and stuff so if theres anything that can be fixed by me, im willing to try it.

when you say filter? do you mean air filter?

north shore area

is lube mobile ok? she doesn't care for permanent damages. as long as the car can run and work, its ok.

im pretty handy with the screwdriver and stuff so if theres anything that can be fixed by me, im willing to try it.

when you say filter? do you mean air filter?

oh you are in sydney.

Just get lube mobile to come out there, you say you are handy with a screwdriver, but going by what you are saying you don't know much about cars...

I mean the fuel filter, on the yaris it's located in the tank.

Wow does someone need to draw a picture....

She had put diesel in the fuel tank then by driving the car it has asked for fuel and the diesel has gone through... by the sounds of how many times you have started it and tried to drive it your in big trouble...

In conclusion what everyone is saying is you cant drive the car lube mobile wont help it will be to expensive/time and they wont have all parts in time... your gf has to take the slap on the wrist and deal with the punishment the diesel will now be in the tank , lines, filter , motor....

Thats whats called a "Epic Fail"

oh

so should i get a coat hanger and bend it into the fuel hole thingy to get the filter out? is it a paper type filter? like coffee filter?

i think lube mobile should be last resort, im scared the lube mobile guy will dob on us. engine smells really weird, not normal.

i was going to score with her as well but now shes all stressed out and being a fridget

i Loled at this

and just ring bloody lube mobile they aren't going to dob what is this primary school.

im pretty sure putting diesel into a car won't wreck the engine, thats just stupid. im sure theres technology to prevent it from happening. it may be epic, but not epic fail yet my freind

no its an epic fail

i Loled at this

and just ring bloody lube mobile they aren't going to dob what is this primary school.

The car is not under her name. They will ask "whose car is this". then they will ask questions and will dob on her. her mum already thinks im a bad influence. i took her home last night @ 11PM and got told off. freaking jewish parents

anyways, ppl are saying lines and filter blah blah blah, give me step to step details on how to do it?

she mentioned there was 1/4 of petrol left when she poured in diesel. doesnt diesel float to the top or something?

OH an idea, can we suck it out with a garden hose? i see it in the movies

im pretty sure putting diesel into a car won't wreck the engine, thats just stupid. im sure theres technology to prevent it from happening. it may be epic, but not epic fail yet my freind

There isn't... putting diesel into a petrol care effectively lowers the octane from 91 (which is normal petrol) to maybe 60 (just a guestimate)... what this means is the explosion that happens on the power stroke will be a lot more violent and cause the piston to knock, and probably the conrod to break (due to the excessive force)

You know how diesel cars make that constant 'ticking' sound... thats knock, and while a diesel engine is built to handle this, a petrol motor is not, knock will destroy it (it could break conrods, smash/melt pistons, etc)

this is an epic fail mate... just cop it on the chin and try and get it fixed.

so should i get a coat hanger and bend it into the fuel hole thingy to get the filter out? is it a paper type filter? like coffee filter?

engine smells really weird, not normal.

LOOOOOOL!

Damage is done i would just leave it and tell her parents mate, get them to get it fixed properly.....

engine smells really weird, not normal.

LOOOOOOL!

Damage is done i would just leave it and tell her parents mate, get them to get it fixed properly.....

just tell her parents they might forgive her because its their daughter or they might be very ****** only one way to find out