Signature Regulations

DJKOR

Guys and girls on TOCAU here, may I have your attention.

Signature sizes lately have gotten a little larger than normal. I have had reports of members here with signatures that could be considered too large for use. The official rule in accordance with the Forum Terms and Conditions is:

Signatures must be kept to a maximum of 6 (six) lines.

Now with respect to that, I believe that there needs to be an adjustment to the specifics of it all, but the following is what I will pass as acceptable (at a screen resolution of 1280x1024):

Text only signatures - Maximum of 6 lines of text in size 3. Can be any text size, so long as it fits within what 6 lines of size 3 text would use. A space of 1 line (maximum of 2 total) will not be counted - Silver Members get an extra 2 lines of size 3 text.

Image only signature - Maximum vertical image size of 200 pixels. - Silver Members get an extra 50 vertical pixels (maximum 250 pixels).

Combined image/text signatures - Image with a maximum vertical size of 150 pixels followed by 3 lines of size 2 text. Once again, you can vary your text size if you vary your image size. - Silver Members get an extra 25 vertical pixels or 3 lines of size 2 text.

These won't be strictly enforced (ie. I won't be modifying your signature), but if you get a PM to adjust your signature size and it's not followed up with, you may find that your signature will be removed from posts.

You are permitted to use extra space beyond that specified above if you choose to include a link for people to subscribe and become a member.

Just remember to be considerate to other members with regards to your signature size. Ideally, the smaller the signature the better, but should you have difficulty making yours any smaller, then above is the maximum acceptable size.

Thank you.

• Like 2

Don't you mean 50px extra for the Silver members?

Good point. Fixed. Was originally 25, but I then changed it but only altered the second number.

• Like 1

Is mine acceptable?

edit: Also, can we have people who leave huge spaces in their signature changed as well? No offensive DreadAngel and andrew, but what the hell is up with the HUGE spaces in your signature?

Edited by Silver-Aurion

Is mine acceptable?

Yours is acceptable.

edit: Also, can we have people who leave huge spaces in their signature changed as well? No offensive DreadAngel and andrew, but what the hell is up with the HUGE spaces in your signature?

That's not used signature space. Pay attention to your sidebar and figure it out.

If you can't figure it out, that blank space is there because the post contents + signature are smaller than the contents of the sidebar. For example, I have turned my signature off. See what I mean?

• Like 1

Is mine acceptable?

That's not used signature space. Pay attention to your sidebar and figure it out.

If you can't figure it out, that blank space is there because the post contents + signature are smaller than the contents of the sidebar. For example, I have turned my signature off. See what I mean?

Oh okay. I never noticed that. I thought what they had done was just hit enter 100 times. lol..

good to see mine is acceptable. cheers

edit again: Will the Toyota model format be fixed?

Instead of:

Toyota Model:Aurion

to

Toyota Model: Aurion

Edited by DJKOR

Hmm oh dear... mine is no good then, although very comparable with quite a few other members. Will have to do some editing then!

Edit: Who's good at resizing? If I do the crop to size in photoshop I can't get the whole car in, and resizing the image just squashes it.

Edited by Tash

Had to get rid of my images :(

I'll have to try to find a way to fit the pics in later after exams :)

One way to cut down on size is to reduce the size of your shopping list in it. That's why we have a Members Rides forum.

• Like 1

I'm praying to Jesus that Will (Ascendant Rice) reads this bloody thread.

Prayers answered.. no need to thank me

I'm not man. Thank the LORD! Huzzah!

But talk about doing a 180 on your signature man, we just wanted a reduction.

I'm praying to Jesus that Will (Ascendant Rice) reads this bloody thread.

Prayers answered.. no need to thank me

I'm not man. Thank the LORD! Huzzah!

But talk about doing a 180 on your signature man, we just wanted a reduction.

Was just a space holder :)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...