How many TRD Aurions??

timbo-1

As a new member and the owner of a TRD Aurion, I would love to know how many were produced before they were discontinued?

I see DJKOR states 095 of 0624, is this correct and is it the total of all TRD models, ie S and SL?

Also how many TRD Hilux were there?

Sorry if this has been brought up before, which I am sure it must have. If so please post link.

Cheers Timbo. #322 SL

2011/12 Toyota Aurion

Silver Ash 35%

Ink Black 31%

Diamond White 21%

Wildfire Red 12%

Titan Silver 1% (One Vehicle was made by special order)

*Figures have been rounded to the nearest percentage.

*Figures obtained from Business of Ultimate Language Logistics Statistics House & Institute of Technology.

Seems the statistics were a little off the mark:

209 Ink.....................237 (38.0%)

1D4 Silver Ash.........233 (37.4%)

3R3 Wildfire...............99 (15.9%)

061 Diamond White...47 (7.5%)

8T4 Tungsten...............7 (1.1%)

You'll now know how unique you really are ...

Thanks DJKOR, anybody know where these figures come from? Also the ratio between S and SL? What about the Hilux TRD??

I have had the tour though the Altona plant in Melborne and they couldn'd provide any info at all!!

Gee perhaps they just forgot how many they made.

Thanks DJKOR, anybody know where these figures come from? Also the ratio between S and SL? What about the Hilux TRD??

I have had the tour though the Altona plant in Melborne and they couldn'd provide any info at all!!

Beats me. You'll need to do some more digging around. Sometimes you just have to make some enquiries here and there.

At the end of the day though, it's just another Aurion. The TRD's are declining in value like any other car and are being picked up by people who don't really care about the rarity of it... hence the minimal information floating around.

Thanks for your reply DJKOR I can see your point of view, but back in 1972 a XA GT was "just another Falcon" wasn,t it?

Back to the subject, if anyone has any info that would be great. As for values rising our falling I really coundn't give a flying fark as ours is a keepper, whats more if they do rise in value it will be many years down the track after they have been thinned out by general use, your rev heads and what DJKOR mentoined previously..."people who don't care about the rarity of it".

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again, seems the true number of TRDs has risen to 625! 237 Black/ink, 234 Silver, 99 Wildfire, 48 White and 7 Tunksten.

Info from Toyota Customer Experience Centre, Altona Plant. 1800 869682

Cheers Timbo.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like I have one of the last to be built with #616 3500SL in 1D4 Ash :D

Hi, did you buy the TRD 616 off carsales as i was interested in that one :)

Mind if i ask how much you paid for it?

I ended up getting it for $35400 plus on roads, which I think is a steal considering they had an 09 sportivo with the same Ks for the same price!

Good price.

Hope to get one soon:)

I ended up getting it for $35400 plus on roads, which I think is a steal considering they had an 09 sportivo with the same Ks for the same price!

Good price.

Hope to get one soon:)

If that's what you consider a good price, then this will thrill you.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/results.aspx?sort=default&N=1216%201246%201247+1252%201282%204294856360%204294889509&distance=25&Range=Price:Min,35000~1&vertical=Car&silo=Stock&eapi=2

• 4 months later...

Sorry about the late reply. I just wanted to clear up that I have TRD 0504. Mine is a silver 3500SL. From what I have read, there were 537 Aurions and 351 Hiluxes to bear the TRD plates. A total of 888, but I think that the 888 units in total were mixed as far as numbers go for Series One. Knowing that unit 0056, 0223, and 0700 and I think 0050 and 0240 as well were Hiluxes and I know that 0006, 0010, 0020, 0054, 0087, 0272, 0331, 0505 and 0583 were Aurions.

As I mentioned, I have 0504, which is in Melbourne, but on carsales at the moment, 0505 is for sale in Sydney.

I am Aware if the rarity of the TRD's, and that's why I have one. I don't intend on selling it, and I do enjoy getting behind the wheel of it.

Also, as a bit of a heads up. I know the person who had TRD 0272, which was a black 3500SL, but the vehicle was written off on Christmas day 2011 due to hail damage in the Melbourne Christmas day storms that year. The car was drivable, but suffered excess panel damage from hail. Every window broken and every panel dented, including the fuel flap. I even saw a photo if a dent the size of a tennis ball in the C-pillar.

Any more info on production numbers and specs for the TRD's would be appreciated as well.

Edited by Muzza P

Beats me. You'll need to do some more digging around. Sometimes you just have to make some enquiries here and there.

At the end of the day though, it's just another Aurion. The TRD's are declining in value like any other car and are being picked up by people who don't really care about the rarity of it... hence the minimal information floating around.

That's one word for it. I have traded two in the last week and to be completely honest there worth absolutely no more than an equivalent Sportivo. Check out the values for them it's scary when you consider you paid 10k more for them new.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...