TRD Aurion

spyderone

Hi All,

I recently bought a write off TRD Aurion for the purpose of upgrading a standard 2GR-FE to Supercharged, apart from the obvious charger, intake manifold, injectors, ECU what other parts are different from standard and need to be swapped over? is there a list of the differences anywhere on the web or a manual for the TRD Aurion...I'm getting the car delivered next Tuesday and preparing myself for the conversion, thanks in advance any input would be appreciated.

In addition to what you have mentioned, apart from different injectors and all the mounting hardware for the supercharger (brackets/pulleys/belt), about the only other known difference I can think of in the engine bay area is the upper VVTi oil pipe. You will notice this when you see it though. If you are unsure of where this one is, check the FAQ's or do a search on it.

If you do end up doing this conversion, as a request could you take plenty of photos and document the conversion? It's a question often asked here on TOCAU to upgrade to TRD specs and this would be an excellent opportunity to gain insight into that.

Thanks for all the feedback guys,

DJKOR ..."apart from different injectors" are you saying the injectors are the same?

I'm hoping the conversion goes smoothly, and yes I'm will be selling of the remainder of the car need the space, just haven't decided whether there would be enough interest to part out or if its just easier to sell off complete.

Steven ...yes great idea ,I will take photos along the way and post up a step by step how to guide to the conversion should come in useful for others here.

Thanks for all the feedback guys,

DJKOR ..."apart from different injectors" are you saying the injectors are the same?

I thought the word "different" implies that they are not the same.

• Like 1

I have nothing to say on the differences etc just wanted to ask I'm assuming the front end is fine if you're able to re-use the engine so might be interested in the TRD front bar pending price once you begin parting the car out :)

I have posted the below info in a previous thread ... differences are:

- blower

- manifold

- idler bracket

- drive belt

- VVTi union and hose

- injectors

- ECU

- transmission oil cooler

Ca was delivered today, extremely hard hit but the supercharger looks intact no physical damage phew! now comes the task of digging the thing out as its reasonably well wedged up under the firewall, out comes the 9 inch grinder.

IMAG9937.jpg

Looks like anyone wanting the front bar is going to be disappointed. Also looks like you may want to buy yourself a transmission oil cooler since that one will be fubar. Very small price to pay though for what you are about to do.

Also, there may be the possibility that you may have to get yourself a replacement vacuum actuator for the supercharger intake bypass. The one on the TRD charger is mounted on the rear and is made mostly from plastic. From where it's located, there is a good chance it probably would have been crushed against the metal tray in front of the windscreen/firewall. Just in case, it may be wise to check that if you can and if it's damaged, better start sourcing one now. In the event that it may be a bit more difficult to obtain, at least you will have a head start.

Completely useless information, but what Build Number have you got?

Wow that must of been a tree or pole. The poor front reo has torn and bend the front chassis rails right across :blink: looks like everything from A Pillar back would be salvageable though. Is it an S or SL?

Good vision there you’re correct the vacuum actuator did make contact and leave an imprint on the black metal tray, but appears to be in one piece by feel, can’t get a good visual at the moment until the engines out. , I think the build number is 471 from memory the car is not with me (at brothers factory) and it’s the S model.

Disappointingly the 3 wheels that are left on car are all badly scraped, forgot to mention front left wheel got torn off along with the bottom of the strut, disc, caliper and all, some serious speed must have been involved. The Interior and rear is all good, reo, tranny and K frame took the brunt of the impact, I could be surprised and find the motor is intact apart from external accessories.

Andrew If parting out ends up being the go as apposed to selling complete .. you got first dibs on the seats mate. ;)

Andrew If parting out ends up being the go as apposed to selling complete .. you got first dibs on the seats mate. ;)

Cheers mate :)

I can organise a courier for all seats if you decide to part out :)

lol Part that biatch out :P shame it's not the SL but yeah there will surely be plenty of guys and girls on here to off load most of the car for you haha

Did they pick up the caliper from the otherside after the accident and throw it in the car? I'm still up for the rears and maybe the single front side as well

Did they pick up the caliper from the otherside after the accident and throw it in the car? I'm still up for the rears and maybe the single front side as well

Would the TRD package fit on a 20 series? Also there is the different Handbrake set up between the 20 and 40 series which might cause a drama for you?

Would the TRD package fit on a 20 series? Also there is the different Handbrake set up between the 20 and 40 series which might cause a drama for you?

Let us worry about that :P

Let us worry about that :P

lol we'll watch that one then.