introduction - its me ;)

cruiseh

Hello All. Names Paul. just bought an Aurion. (why does that sound like a line youd use at alcoholics anonymous???) :P

Seriously though, i bought the car as its a sensible option and i dont like the opposition excepting the g6E turbo, but thats contrary to my intention to buy a car that doesnt drink fuel like my current one..

i dont consider the aurion a fast car. but its comfortable, and has enough grunt to be fun. The stereo in my model (late 09 sportivo sx6) is a letdown, so im on the market for something better. hoped someone would know a bit about this unit>>> http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8-Toyota-Camry-Aurion-Car-DVD-GPS-DVB-T-Player-Stereo-/230659893433?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b466a8b9#ht_17317wt_1031 which im considering buying. Any comments please, most welcome.

My previous car is a 93 Subaru RS Turbo Wagon, ive built from the ground up. You can read about it here>> http://www.subyclub.com/index.php/topic/4418-pauls-93-rst-wagon/ but it was getting a bit much to manage .. too close to the edge as far as usability goes. Go, yes it did that well.. 0-100 in or under 4 seconds. 1/4 mile in 12 or thereabouts, but not cruisy and relaxed. its a young mans game, and i just turned 41... groan...

anyway, joined to tap the teh resources that exist regards this car. Nice to meet everyone,

regard's

Paul

Welcome mate post up a few pics when you can. Do a search of the forum for info on the aftermarket stereo, there are a few threads and alot of research done by steven to find a good unit available from QLD I believe so have a read of the thread :toast:

Welcome aboard - Any major things you can't find on these forums ( after a search ) our resident Aurion Super Brainiack "DJKOR" will be able to answer as he is like Aurion God Royalty to most members haha!

As for your head unit, serch the forums (Aurion/TRD Aurion) area for Head Unit and some sound system posts, there is a few out there.

There is much debate as how well that ebay head unit goes as some prefer it over a top of the line Pioneer etc.

guys, ive searched but not found..

does anyone have a source for a stereo surround to suit std square double din dvd units most manufacturers make (ie alpine pioneer etc)

think im going to buy a pioneer dvd/navigation unit . just cant bring myself to trust the ebay chinese units. of the 5 people i contacted on ebay whod bought them, 3 came back and said they were buggy junk.. too much risk for the money...

WOW have a listing for the plastic facia surround but its quite expensive..

legendary..

now to find that thread about grounding the pink? wire to enable instrument panel display command buttons to work..

someone mentioned removing a circuit board in a thread.. a bit over the top. i think when i do this, ill do a complete thread with pictures showing exactly what i do for posterity, and to help noobs like me find all the info in one spot..

cheers lads.

Welcome Paul, A few of us have found solace in the easydeals units on ebay. They have a few flaws, as do all of them i think you will find. But over all it's a very nice unit :)

Now that ive seen those links to the facias it's got me thinking about a custom iPad install!

Welcome Paul, A few of us have found solace in the easydeals units on ebay. They have a few flaws, as do all of them i think you will find. But over all it's a very nice unit :)

Now that ive seen those links to the facias it's got me thinking about a custom iPad install!

Saying that, what are those flaws ? ( Spoke to easydeals 2 days ago, be 2 weeks before they get more in so i can palce order/buy one )

Head unit is mainly about the digital processor and power of amp inside. As I know, Alpine and Kenwood have the best power of AMP so you don't need to have additional amp to run your good spearks (about 45 or 50 RMS per channel). Those cheap chinese head unit you can found on ebay may only have about 15w RMS per chanel which is ok for factory speakers. You always pay what you want to get. I have apline on my Mazda 3 is great. After I got my aurion, I think Apline is bit too expensive so I went for kenwood. pioneer is good as well. Kenwood is better on quality of sound but pioneer is better on control (like ipod, iphone interface) better touch screen etc. Depend on what you want mate.

Hey mate consider this unit

http://clarion.com/au/en/products/2011/multimedia/navigation/NX501A/au-en-product-hi_1259521185590.html

Its a Clarion NX501A and in my research it has the best interface and will cover all of your bases. I'm about to purchase one for $1500 in the next couple of weeks.

some pics for those who like to see the cars

IMG_2822.jpg

IMG_2836.jpg

now, started the sound upgrade, got an alpine MRV503 amp to run the fronts (not installed yet) and some Jaycar Kevlar 6*9 speakers. Also had some leftover Digital Designs tweeters and crossovers from some speakers i had ages ago, so installed those in the factory locations

some might get uptight because i destroyed the factory tweet.. meh, i dont care, the DD can stay when i sell the car.. I did find though someone has played with this car, 4 of the factory clips are missing or broken. time to see the toyota spare parts lads and get some more..

As it stands, i only did one side of the car so far, and the clarity is astounding. slightly less bass due to less efficient drivers, but the mid and top end is sooo much better even off the factory deck,,

so heres some pics for you.

IMG_2835.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg

Finished the passenger side.. Even from the headunit the sound quality is much improved. Needs an amplifier badly though. Decided to reuse the Audison LRX2.250 from my subie, and throw the alpine in it before it sells