ssjTitans Introduction and Ride.

ssjTitan

Hi guys.

I was checking for info on my new 2003 Corolla and I came accross this Toyota Community, so I decided to join my fellow Toyota Lovers. :P

I was lucky enough to find it like this for sale through a Toyota Dealership, from what I can tell the heads have been shaved, the car has been lowered with custom rims, its had a free-flow exhaust installed as well as a pod filter. Im interested to see if any power has been added to the car due to the work done on the car by the previous owner.

Here are a few pics of my new 2003 1ZZE-FE Corolla Levin:

PICT2925.jpg

PICT2924.jpg

PICT2923.jpg

PICT2921.jpg

PICT2919.jpg

7253443.jpg

7253447.jpg

Any comments would be great.

Nice purchase and welcome :D

Only issue at this stage is the intake. It looks mega awesome but there's a school of thought saying that a short-ram intake like that only breathes hot air from it's position in the engine bay. Check out the full cold air intakes that most people have around here which draw air from the front bar cavity. Pretty much the same as your intake but longer so the pod reaches down into the cooler air. That said, the short-ram must sound awesome!

Interested to see your exhaust too :)

Nice indeed...

Ive finally decided now that i like the levin kit more than the sportivo...just doesnt stick out so far. Nice and respectable.

Judging by the street pics, would i be right in assuming that you live north of the river? Far north? :P

looks like where i used to live...

Nice indeed...

Ive finally decided now that i like the levin kit more than the sportivo...just doesnt stick out so far. Nice and respectable.

Judging by the street pics, would i be right in assuming that you live north of the river? Far north? :P

looks like where i used to live...

talkin from what ive seen the sportivo and levin kit is the same except the side skirts are a little different but the front bar is the same.

The differnces are subtle but they're there. Apart from the obvious lack of mesh, the Levin skirts are more shapely around the middle rather than just being straight. Also the Levin front lip is two-piece with a join in the middle, it does not flare out as much as the Stivo one piece.

Nice purchase and welcome :D

Only issue at this stage is the intake. It looks mega awesome but there's a school of thought saying that a short-ram intake like that only breathes hot air from it's position in the engine bay. Check out the full cold air intakes that most people have around here which draw air from the front bar cavity. Pretty much the same as your intake but longer so the pod reaches down into the cooler air. That said, the short-ram must sound awesome!

Interested to see your exhaust too :)

Thanks Tayles. Yeah one of the things i want to do is install a CAI, but that will only happen after ive saved some cash. In regards to the exhaust, there used to be a custom free-flow on it, but it made so much noise. So toyota replaced the muffler and tail pipe with a stock Sportivo exhaust, you can still hear the free-flow but it just doesnt make the same noise that it used to. So along with a CAI system, I want to change the end of the exhaust set-up.

• 1 month later...