Favourite Fuel for your Sportivo

What is your favourite fuel for your Rolla?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm depends on if uve used it i guess :P

Used to run on Mobil Synergy 8000 back in Adelaide but now I've moved over here I cannot get it so run on Optimax do notice a slight difference but not as much as when I had to use 95 RON for the drive over...... :( :( :(

Dont drive a sportivo but agree on BP Ultimate.

BP is purely 98RON min of fuel.

Mobil 8000 Is 98Ron too.

Optimax is about 95/96 then added with octane booster like Toluene.

Toluene is indeed the active ingredient in Optimax.

It's a quick, dirty and cheap solution to enhance the octane in petrol, As a by-product of the refining process that was mainly burnt off until they found it was a way to turn waste into hi-octane fuel.

Good points of Toluene in petrol, ups the RON number, burns hot and therefore clean.

Had a chat at a guy working at a servo as i enquired about their premium before filling up they only had 95RON mobil stuff As I need to run 98RON+Octane booster all the time. They come either melbourne or qld, optimax comes from Philippines apparently (no wonder why its **** lol)

On the odd occasions when I do have to put in Optimax within the hour I always tell myself off and promise not to do it again. Normally fill with Mobil Synergy 8000 and with my car do certainly notice a difference between Optimax and Synergy 8000.

Although I think I will try BP Ultimate as I have been hearing some good responses from people on it.

Only use the BP but before the cruise I was in la la land and put $2.27 normal unleaded into the car before I realised I had the wrong pump. Lucky it was only 2 litres.

Don't know what I could have done if I'd filled the bugger up with it.

60 litres of mower fuel I suppose. **** that's a lot of grass.

When I first took delivery of my Sportivo the dealer was kind enough to fill it for me, as I drove the car home it felt very sluggish and pinged badly at anything below 2000rpm.

When I refilled it with 98ron it trasformed the car into how it should run, the dealer obviously filled it with regular unleaded, fortunately it didn't do it any long term harm, I've now clocked 18,000ks.

I can't pick the difference between Ultima or Optimax but with Vortex I do detect a little low rpm pinging due to it's lower octane rating.

Edited by Blick