Fuel consumption survey (3.5L Kluger)

Taka

Not much different from me whether I am using 91 RON or 97 RON.

Mine is Grande 4WD

EDIT: Mine driving is 10% highway (Eastern Fwy) and around Eastern suburb in mildly congested roads.

This is my last 5 runs

ff975b7d.jpg

Current run 14.6L/100km - mixed of 91 and 97 Shell (half/half)

Prev 1 14.7L/100km- 97 pure

Prev 2 14.4L/100km- mixed 91 (Mobile) and 97 Shell

Prev 3 10.8L/100km- 91 on long trip

Prev 4 16.1L/100km- 91 alone

Prev 5 15.5L/100km- first tank (dealership special juice)

Edited by takahashi

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone considered converting to LPG?

I have heard there is a kit for the Aurion (same motor?) and maybe the tank might fit in the spare wheel wheel space......

• 1 month later...

Thanks you prob don't have much traffic where you drive.

I found if you are in the city, the best is to mix some 98 Octane (V power, Vortex 98, or Mobil 8000) with 91 RON (normal unleaded). You will improve a city average on the AWD from over 16L/100km to under 15!

It is more obvious when you have 70L full of 91`use about 60km and put 10L of 98 RON in it, you will see the average drop like nothing!

I have just tow the sports car to Winton (Benalla) and back. 500km with 1300kg on the trailer 650kg.

Well ... I will tell my towing experience in another thread.

But towing cost petrol, naturally.

When I go to Benalla, I have V Power and it takes 16.9L/100km

When I come back, I put the rest of my V Power racing in the tank (I did not end up using my tank in the car :() but the power increase and the fuel consumption drops! to 14.9L/100km.

May be wind, but the total mass is 60L of petrol lighter. But I am sure V Power Racing rocks! :yahoo:

I took the silver beast for a drive today. Did around 240km.

Had to drive through metro and the CBD on the way out of town for about an hour, same on the way back. The rest was freeway/highway and hills driving.

Got home and it returned 10.6l/100km.

Happy with that.

Very interested in your towing experience!

Thanks

I have just tow the sports car to Winton (Benalla) and back. 500km with 1300kg on the trailer 650kg.

Well ... I will tell my towing experience in another thread.

But towing cost petrol, naturally.

When I go to Benalla, I have V Power and it takes 16.9L/100km

When I come back, I put the rest of my V Power racing in the tank (I did not end up using my tank in the car :() but the power increase and the fuel consumption drops! to 14.9L/100km.

May be wind, but the total mass is 60L of petrol lighter. But I am sure V Power Racing rocks! :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

Just took the silver bullet for a blast to my parents place - 220km away. Averaged 8.9L/100 on the highway and 10.9L/100 for the round trip, including driving around town for the weekend.

Very, very happy with the fuel economy.

Have a trip to Halls Gap coming up at the start of April and will have 4 adults on board. It's a 1200km round trip and will be interesting to see if the results are repeated.

Not to spoil your fuel economy. There is a good and easy four wheel drive track at Halls Gap. I read about it in a book called 4WD track around Melbourne. Maybe you should check it out at Borders (I love the one on Ruddle St.)... or I can scan it for you.

Not to spoil your fuel economy. There is a good and easy four wheel drive track at Halls Gap. I read about it in a book called 4WD track around Melbourne. Maybe you should check it out at Borders (I love the one on Ruddle St.)... or I can scan it for you.

I only bought the FWD Kluger.... is it driveable without AWD?

Should be ok. I remember the route in Halls Gap is rated easy. Any car can do it.

Took a drive to the Mornington peninsula on my new Kluger Grande AWD (200K on the clock) and did another 300K which included 50/50 freeway and suburban driving. The fuel consumption shown was 10.3 l/100K which I was very amazed about considering the engine is still new and quite tight.

• 3 weeks later...

Been driving in my Kluger for more than a week now

Model: KXR, AWD, 7 seats

Average fuel consumption: 11.3l/100km

Daily traffic: 70% peak hour crawl along Melbourne's M1, 30% suburb

Not bad at all :clap:

Edited by boleh

Not bad of a right foot at all boleh.

I found that if you are judging how much you use the right foot to the instant fuel consumption gauge, you actually learn a lot about economical driving.

Like:

No sudden acceleration.

Predict the traffic and off the gas early.

Even low speed crawling save more fuel then stop and start.

Use 95/98 more than 91 petrol. But a mixture of it is the best for economy.

You see whenever I jump to the Kluger which my wife has been driving... the display always show 16.XL/100km. But after a short trip in my hand, it will dip back to 15.XL/100km. Mind you it is not bad for her since she is driving from Kew to Kew or Kew to Prahran.

• 3 months later...

My Grande AWD full with gear and family of 6 all up averaged 10.6 in the country last long weekend.

You could get it down to 8._ if you drive like a granny...not me

Has anyone tried using the snow mode, i have found it dampens the accellarator response and in turn, reduces the revs and i would assume, you will get better economy. Its designed for snow or slippery surfaces therefore less power to the wheels, but this has a benefit where i think fuel economy can improve. My wife says no to using it, anyone want to try it for a full tank?

You can really feel it when your going from a standing start to 60 or 80, when your half way there, press then button and feel the car back off...

I used the SNOW switch on the muddy lane last weekend, it certainly made the accelerator response doughier - I forgot to switch it off and did 20km or so on the tar and didn't notice any difference in the economy reading.

BTW I used my first tank of fuel, and the cruising range was showing 12km left... the tank only took 61 litres, which meant there was another 11 or so litres remaining, which certainly would have gotten me more than 12km!! Does the accuracy of the trip computer improve over a few tanks?

Cheers

i have a KX-R FWD 7 seater and i'm currently averaging 10.2L/100KM although i don't trust this figure as I should therefore be getting around 700km from a full tank. the trip meter has never shown a range to empty above 540km. ofcourse, we've only done 1500km so maybe the car is still sorting itself out.

I have a KX-R AWD 7 Seater. Average 12-14lt per 100km though 90% of my driving is 5 minute trips in suburbia. Did a 90km round trip on weekend and it averaged 10.5 for that drive. Have had it down to 9.2lt on freeway.

i have a KX-R FWD 7 seater and i'm currently averaging 10.2L/100KM although i don't trust this figure as I should therefore be getting around 700km from a full tank. the trip meter has never shown a range to empty above 540km. ofcourse, we've only done 1500km so maybe the car is still sorting itself out.

You must be doing a lot of highway with that.

Taking the trip from eastern suburb to Tullamarine airport and back (50km return). The average drop from 14.8 to 13.8.... what a clear run with no traffic can do, even less than 50% freeway.

I now strongly advise all Kluger driver to use 95 RON. There is no other fuel give the power, fuel econ and price matching as well as the 95 RON fuel. I don't think an extra 4c/L worth for the 98 anymore.

Edited by Taka