Sportvo etc..rear skirt

i know a few guys who has done that and also put on the trd muffler (left side). other than that all i have seen on the roads is the sportivo but somehow makes me think of it as a boat.

i know a few guys who has done that and also put on the trd muffler (left side). other than that all i have seen on the roads is the sportivo but somehow makes me think of it as a boat.

Turn it upside down and hand me a paddle and it just might be!!!!!

But it does handle well in the wet also!!!!

I'll get pics of my skirt up soon (OEM Style) when I get the time to clean it well and take some good pickies!!!! There are quite a few of us with the skirt so some one may beat me to it in the mean time.

The OEM rear skirt is not actually meant to be fitted to the Sportivo as the exhaust blows straight onto it and actually melts the skirt. But due to demand, and the fact that some dealers just want to please the customer :), some modifications have been done by various dealers to allow this to happen ranging from adjusting the angle of the exhaust tip to divert air away from the bumper to cutting the skirt and extending the tip past the skirt to keep the hot air away. But I think it does add well to the over all look of the car IMHO... one pic in my garage shows the skirt from a distance with the tip the dealer added (due to melting) but like a I said I'll add some closer pics soon...

Cheers

Dylan

this by far in my opinion is the tuffest rear skirt for the stivo out there mate..

its called the bomex rear bar....

technically that is a diffuser not a bar... but anyway, looks OK i guess, not my cup of tea though, too angular, very eighties. Would look better on a boxy car then the sleek curves of the 'colla. My fav is still this one....

ele1.gif

Edited by Blue_Stivo

I wonder how that would look with the rest of the original sportivo kit?

The sides are the same as the current Sportivo ones so would flow on quite nicely I think, plus the rear hatch and bar are the same on the facelift (hence only a FACElift and not a REAR redesign) so should fit nicely too!!!

The sides are the same as the current Sportivo ones so would flow on quite nicely I think, plus the rear hatch and bar are the same on the facelift (hence only a FACElift and not a REAR redesign) so should fit nicely too!!!

If you dont mind me asking where did u get your OEM one from?

If you dont mind me asking where did u get your OEM one from?

Mine was purchased and fitted through the Toyota dealer where I bought my car.

EDIT: By the way the pic I posted is not my car but what they fit to the RunX in Japan. There is much speculation at this stage that this is what the facelifted sportivo will look like (unsure about the rear skirt though, but with the redesign of the bottom contour I think it will work much better with the exhaust re. melting issues). We can only hope Toyota adds it as a standard feature. :D

To see a pic of my rear skirt visit the garage or gallery. For examples in other colours, see ZEEROLLA or KoroLa883 (Black) or Danthuyer (White) you can also search for Peekay34's old car (he posted a couple of pics) for a red version.... I'm trying to think of a silver one but am lost...

Edited by Blue_Stivo

wow, the Bomex one looks damn fine, esp with its unique sideskirt! dunno if it still look good when it is with our sportivo side skirt  :P ...btw Wei, would u mind telling me how much does it cost? and where about in Aus could i get it? thanks!

im not sure bout the price for just the rear but the whole bomex kit including front side n rear is approx. 1500 AUS excluding freight......the kit is located in japan.

one of the guys have spoken to jetspeed in QLD about getting the kit in n they said that they couldnt :blink::blink:

im sure if u looked around n asked in various body shops....such as DMD....Fabtech...Aresspeed n etc that they could possibly get it in for ya....providin u pay the dollars...

what i was thinking on doing was importing the whole kit from a mate who is a jap importer of all jap parts...be it performance or aesthetics.....

im fairly certain that importers of jap parts n s**t could get it infor ya!

but like i said...in my opinion still the tuffest looking rear for rolla's!! :D

wei wei

ps. here is the link to the jap bomex site showing pics of the front side n rear....enjoy !! (it also has prices for each but it is in jap dollars so u would need a currency converter to calculate into aus dollars)

http://www.bomex.co.jp/item_list.php?id=1591%&page=1&max=15

Edited by wei wei