Quick Question about facia kit

JIN

Hi.

I remember there are some posts about this issue and ppl say toyota or Aerpro sell the kits for fitting after market headunit into the place.

However, I got some questions here about both kits from toyota and Aerpro.

When you have a look at Aerpro, I don't see any kits could fit on my aurion but some ppl already got some from Aerpro and they all fit.

Which one did you order if you have one from Aerpro?

Another question here is about toyota's one.

I think AcoustiK has one from toyota and he's got Double din one, right?

I purchased my dvd/cd player with monitor and it is 2 x single din unit.

in this case, does toyota's one fit with those? or it is just gonna fit only with double din one?

cos I have seen some double dins which don't allow to put 2xsingle din units in.

Any advice?

Hi.

I remember there are some posts about this issue and ppl say toyota or Aerpro sell the kits for fitting after market headunit into the place.

When you have a look at Aerpro, I don't see any kits could fit on my aurion but some ppl already got some from Aerpro and they all fit.

in this case, does toyota's one fit with those? or it is just gonna fit only with double din one?

cos I have seen some double dins which don't allow to put 2xsingle din units in.

Any advice?

Answer to #2, you can get a facial kit, which is opened to only double din headunits, so i assume you can fit 2x single din units. Otherwise, you can use 1single din unit and buy a pocket @ JB.

Hi.

Any advice?

Answer to #2, you can get a facial kit, which is opened to only double din headunits, so i assume you can fit 2x single din units. Otherwise, you can use 1single din unit and buy a pocket @ JB.

i got my facia kit of ebay in jan 08.. the camry in US have the same head unit as our aurions.. so i just purchased a facia kit for a camry.. lol.. mine came with 2 pockets.. single din or double din.. i noticed one problem with the facia kits.. it fits perfectly in normal/cold weather.. but wen it gets hot.. say 36 degrees and about.. the kit kinda shrinks and there's a gap of about 1/3 of a cm on the top of the facia, under the aircon ducts.. but it goes back to normal wen everything cools down.. i'm not sure about the toyota facia kits. i haven't seen them..

• 3 weeks later...

The facia is only $30 from Toyota as where the facias.com.au site has them listed for $50

if u hv said this 10 mins earlier.. coz i just bought another one from facias...

You should have backtracked a little bit before hand. :P You were aware that Toyota had them for around $30 right?

Toyota Aurion Double Din???

The facia is only $30 from Toyota as where the facias.com.au site has them listed for $50

if u hv said this 10 mins earlier.. coz i just bought another one from facias...

You should have backtracked a little bit before hand. :P You were aware that Toyota had them for around $30 right?

Toyota Aurion Double Din???

coz mine doesnt hv the little profile on the top and bottom, just flat. that's why when i saw the one in facias.com.au, i didnt think much, just bought it.. damn.. wasted $20 <_< (well, luckily just that~)

btw, today called pedders, why the fuk they INSIST we need the camber pin.. damn.. :angry:

Hey guys.

Thanks for the infos.

Actually I got the facia from toyota couple of weeks ago and I forgot to upload the picture. :P

One strange thing about it is, it is categorised in TRD parts not in normal aurion.

Also When I installed it with stereo system, it's got a bit of space on both side of the head unit.

I will take a photo pic tonight so you guys can have a look.

Here are some pictures of facia I purchased.

I don't know which one is part number but at least you can have idea what to buy. :P

04082008280.jpg

04082008279.jpg

OK.

Here are pics of the facia with aftermarket headunit.

29082008318.jpg

29082008317.jpg

Like you can see, there's a gap between the facia and headunit.

The mounting fits perfectly inside, just the front pannel part is a bit bigger than ISO din size.

It could be blocked with plastic pieces or rubber tho.

Damn. That gap is pretty serious. I guess Toyota had it designed to fit their aftermarket head units. They just had to do everything different didn't they. Maybe the one from fascias.com.au wasn't such a bad purchase after all dannywss? Let us know about the fitment.

Damn. That gap is pretty serious. I guess Toyota had it designed to fit their aftermarket head units. They just had to do everything different didn't they. Maybe the one from fascias.com.au wasn't such a bad purchase after all dannywss? Let us know about the fitment.

Well..I thought it wasn't that serious..but if you say so.. HAHA..

I am thinking to block it with black rubber piece so it won't make any rattles etc.

only 1~2 CM gap anyway. :lol:

have been busy with stupid assignment, just got it done 2 hours ago.. will fit it tomolo, hopefully..

regarding that gap, find a fibreglassing guy, make 2 piece of thingo, stick beside it~ even carbon fibre if u like..

probably will take a pic of mine in camry..

OK.

Here are pics of the facia with aftermarket headunit.

29082008318.jpg

29082008317.jpg

Like you can see, there's a gap between the facia and headunit.

The mounting fits perfectly inside, just the front pannel part is a bit bigger than ISO din size.

It could be blocked with plastic pieces or rubber tho.

I have said it somewhere here before regarding this facia,, the proper side pieces are only available from toyota with the " follow me" tomtom gps head unit for which this facsia is for, retails for $1499. but there are some side pieces that may do the trick in the facsiasonline website,, http://fascias.com.au/product_info.php?cPa...products_id=112

btw,, how can you take a perfectly good aurion and install a piece of **** ebay stereo/lcd screen combo like youve got there?looks terrible.

I have said it somewhere here before regarding this facia,, the proper side pieces are only available from toyota with the " follow me" tomtom gps head unit for which this facsia is for, retails for $1499. but there are some side pieces that may do the trick in the facsiasonline website,, http://fascias.com.au/product_info.php?cPa...products_id=112

btw,, how can you take a perfectly good aurion and install a piece of **** ebay stereo/lcd screen combo like youve got there?looks terrible.

Haha, yeah.

I know that looks really ugly.

The reason why I was doing it is I just didn't wanna get stuffed the headunit in case of wrong wiring.

If I got the wrong wiring maybe I just blow the some fuses from the car(could be worse like ECU damage etc tho) but for the headunit

the whole thing would be instantly dead so I didn't wanna gamble on it with 2K worth headunit.

If I blow those cheap units, it's just $200 worth so I could just let it go. :D

Also, it was my first try to install the headunit and it was a bit tricky because there's no exact wiring diagram for aurion at the moment.

Since the functionlaities of most dvd players are pretty similar and there's no big difference for me, so I got the cheap one. :P

I am actually wating and saving for better dvd player with good price,functions and looks.

I can AT LEAST play the dvds for now although it's ugly. :spiteful:

• 1 year later...

In the interest of feeding my habit for resurrecting old threads, I'm gonna do it again.

Has anybody bought and fitted this fascia kit from fascias.com.au or this Camry one from Aerpro?

Wondering how well they match up with the rest of the dash silver. I bought the $30 genuine fascia from my local Toyota dealership, which of course color matches perfectly, but as has been well established here, theres a good half inch of gap either side of my head unit, and I'd much rather get a proper DIN width fascia if the color looks right, instead of getting black spacers to fill the gap.

That gap can be filled with spacers bought form the parts store. Completely fills the gap, I will try and take a picture when I get the chance tomorrow. But here are the parts numbers and prices for everything:

Spacer: Left - 86221 52050, Right - 86221 52060 ($16.60 each)

Single DIN pocket: 55521 YA020 20 ($11.70)

Fascia: PZQ60 33030 ($30)

Hope that helps a bit.

In the interest of feeding my habit for resurrecting old threads, I'm gonna do it again.

Has anybody bought and fitted this fascia kit from fascias.com.au or this Camry one from Aerpro?

Wondering how well they match up with the rest of the dash silver. I bought the $30 genuine fascia from my local Toyota dealership, which of course color matches perfectly, but as has been well established here, theres a good half inch of gap either side of my head unit, and I'd much rather get a proper DIN width fascia if the color looks right, instead of getting black spacers to fill the gap.

Hi Paradigm,

I purchased the kit from fascia kit from fascias.com.au that you mention, it's a different colour to the rest of the dash, I ended up using the genuine one with the spacers added. A pic attached if you're interested.

post-12849-1253942719_thumb.jpg