confirming whether the KXS is actually a AWD or 2WD

Beggsy

Hi There,

I have an 04 kluger and was looking at upgrading and test drove an 07 new shape second hand kluger.

I am after an all wheel drive, and the person selling this advertised this as an awd, it had all of the AWD badges but she said it was a GSU40R which I am led to believe is the 2wd code ?

Is there another way to check ? I have tried to get underneath to see whether it had the additional diff but it was fairly dark.

Are there any other codes I can look for ??

Cheers

Beggsy

Hi Holmesie,

Is that on the compliance plate or soemwhere else ?

Cheers

Beggsy

G'day Beggsy, and welcome!

My KX-S AWD is coded GSU45R if that helps

Cheers

Hi Holmesie,

Fogot to say thanks for the welcome !

Also the one I looked at had the sat nav fitted , do you know whether that disables the bluetooth as the nav didn't seem to have it ?

Many thanks

Beggsy

Hi Holmesie,

It's on the label on the lower part of the passenger B-pillar (just open the front passenger door and the label is there :) )

Also the one I looked at had the sat nav fitted , do you know whether that disables the bluetooth as the nav didn't seem to have it ?

Genuine? Genuine satnav (4-disc CD) should have bluetooth built-in as far as I know

Cheers

Edited by holmesie

Hi Holmesie,

It's on the label on the lower part of the passenger B-pillar (just open the front passenger door and the label is there :) )

Genuine? Genuine satnav (4-disc CD) should have bluetooth built-in as far as I know

Cheers

Hi Holmesie

Hmm thats interesting, it seemed genuine but only had a single CD ?

Do Toyota do that ?

Hi Holmesie,

Cheers

Hi Holmesie

Do Toyota do that ?

Thanks Holmesie

Will take a look and let you know how I go !

Cheers

Beggsy

Sorry mate, I'm not sure if there is a single-CD SatNav.

You're right that GSU-40R is the FWD Kulger, and GSU-45R the AWD - I hope the seller has merely got the code wrong and that there's not anything sinister going on!

To be 100% sure, it's easier to see the rear driveshafts rather than the diff on an AWD model, just stick your head down near the exhaust, no need to crawl under the car at all :)

Cheers

IMGP2085Medium.jpg

Hi Holmesie,

Cheers

Hi Holmesie

Do Toyota do that ?

Awesome Guys, Many thanks for letting me know, will let you know how it goes !

Thanks Holmesie

Will take a look and let you know how I go !

Cheers

Beggsy

Yes that hill descent is only on awd, so if thats there, it must be awd. Im sure no one would fake a fwd for an awd.

Excellent, thanks for that will be taking another look at it tomorrow so will let you know .

Cheers

Beggsy