How Far Can You Go?

850km, was all freeway driving and that was doing 70km with the fuel light on and im sure it would have had to have been pretty much bone dry lol

U guyz are getting some insane km's off a tank. :o

If I am lucky I get 525 km and under normal town driving I get 475 - 500 k's.

But my version of normal driving is hitting Lift every day :D

The best mileage I've recorded with the wagon was on our Xmas trip Brisbane to Hervey Bay and back, 627.5 kms from 43.9 litres, or equivalent to 786 kms from a full tank.

Not bad for an auto wagon, with a/c on full and a boot full of gear!

Our average since we bought it has been 8.4 litres/100 kms which equates to a full tank of 664 kms.

Edited by Buddha

I got 790km from Brisbane to Bundaberg and back, including about 50k's before I left and then a few extra k's around Brissy....before the light came on.

This included a flattened back seat and a full load in the rear of the car weighing it down, air-con on as it was 35 degrees outside and some lifting while overtaking...

Toyota Corolla Sportivo 2004 Model.

Average of freeway and city cycle.

Best: - 770klm from 1 tank with about 5 litres to go.

Worst - 650klm from 1 tank with about 6-7 litres to go.

I keep logs of my vehicles performance of fuel from day uno.

This topic has been covered before, use the search function peoples like I do and look at what I have found.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...ic=1179&hl=tank

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...owtopic=207&hl=

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...owtopic=445&hl=

Edited by sport1vo

I drove from brizz to syd at Christmas filled up Caltex opp Movie World (VORTEX)

it was a cool day so no A/C made it to Hexam ( I think) roughly 750Km and put 45L in. I think I would have made it to Newcastle. But the wife panics when the fuel light is on. The car was full, me wife daughter, sub and over loaded with clothes and chrissy presents boot full to roof and back drivers side down fully loaded. So not too bad..

ive been gettin crap fuel eco.

i can only manage around 450-500km max (driving around, never highway). i revv to about 4000 usually and 5500 sometimes. i dunno whats wrong with it. must be something. :(

Ren: On what I call normal or simply driving, taking off and changing gears I usually change just before 3K RPM (in the hope of a smoother ride).

I only hit lift when I need to.

Good stuff guys, our cars are rather economical when we need it to be.

i can only manage around 450-500km max (driving around, never highway). i revv to about 4000 usually and 5500 sometimes. i dunno whats wrong with it. must be something. 

Ren:  On what I call normal or simply driving, taking off and changing gears I usually change just before 3K RPM (in the hope of a smoother ride).

I only hit lift when I need to.

i can only manage around 450-500km max (driving around, never highway). i revv to about 4000 usually and 5500 sometimes. i dunno whats wrong with it. must be something. 

I usually get close to 600... but thats pretty much all city driving... I'm making a trek 2morro to my home town up on the mid north coast so will hopefully get a better idea on the fuel economy for a longish trip.

Ain't modern technology grand? I remember my first car, a HQ Kingswood wagon, used to do as bad as 19 mpg (6.8 kms/litre) when driven hard but when just cruising, it would improve dramatically to 20 mpg (7.2 kms/litre) ! :P

Even more sobering is the fact that in those days (1989/90), we whinged when petrol was approaching 50 cents/litre! :lol:

Funny that the only two south africans replying to this post has the same crappy fuel economy...

Worst: 382km coming from Port Elizabeth to Jo'burg poppin' rice all the way, driving alone.

Best: 627km coming from Port Alfred to Jo'burg takin it slow, driving with family.

Nowadays I do city driving only and I really have to try hard to get more than 500km on a tank.

Did we in SA get the ECU swapout....?

Could we be at a natural disadvantage because of climate and sea level...?

When I bought the car it was okay, I got between 550km and 650km a tank, now I can't manage to do that...

Could the ECU remap itself...?

Maybe dirty intakes, or filters...?

I dunno...

im not sure about till emty but i have gotten 300kms from full to 3/4 using quater of a tank.

i went to yarrawonga this week and got 543kms of driving and was just on half a tank.

i reckon if ya take it easy in the stivos you could do 1000kms easy.

but with abit or hard driving the average would be between 600 and 800kms

Ok... results... i ended up just on half a tank after 450km then it was rested for a couple of days with a couple of small runs (one in lift)... then a return trip where i decided to fill up at 650km with the light being on for around 10km. Filled up with 50L so approx 12-15L left i assume? That was freeway/highway driving sitting around 5-10km over the limit. Not too bad considering she only has 8000km on the clock.... i'm sure it'll imporve as it runs in. That was its first major trip.