Nathans AE102X seca CSX

Armstrong

hey everyone....

im new to all this forum so yeah.... feel free to comment on my rolla fellaz:D

if u have any suggestions on what to modify that would be cool 2 :yahoo:

OH YEAH AND IF YOU'VE SEEN ME AROUND SYDNEY & WESTERN SYDNEY DON'T BE SHY TO SAY HI!!!

my car is a 1996 AE102X Corolla SECA CSX with a 1.8L 7AFE

everything on this car is completely stock!!! just well maintained and looked after :D

the only things i have changes to this car is the following:

*stock casette radio >>>>to a>>>>> sony cd player

*genuine manifold as the old one split on me (tried to get extractors but mechanics couldn't find one to suit my car)

*hub caps ..lol gotta love them

post-8873-1225614142_thumb.jpg

post-8873-1225614219_thumb.jpg

post-8873-1225614485_thumb.jpg

post-8873-1225614535_thumb.jpg

post-8873-1225614589_thumb.jpg

post-8873-1225614614_thumb.jpg

post-8873-1225614681_thumb.jpg

post-8873-1225614772_thumb.jpg

post-8873-1225614842_thumb.jpg

post-8873-1225614870_thumb.jpg

Edited by armstrong

ok i lie its n ae102 RV but now its technically a ae101 as it has a 4age (1.6l) engine in it easy conversion only had to change 2 engine mounts 1 for the engine the other for the ze5sp lsd (big box i put in to handle the power)

ok i lie its n ae102 RV but now its technically a ae101 as it has a 4age (1.6l) engine in it easy conversion only had to change 2 engine mounts 1 for the engine the other for the ze5sp lsd (big box i put in to handle the power)

well mate there much of a like....the only difference is the engine lol

Im just glad i got the 7afe 1.8l engine cos their the best of their kind. instead of the 4afe and 7afe 1.4 & 1.6l models which are common :rolleyes:

but yeah im getting some rims shortly as the Yokohama 14" A drive wheels are getting a bit thin.

Like last week i was sliding all over the road in the wet. IT WAS FUNNNN, but not safe lol

but thx guys for the rating so far keep them coming people!!! :clap:

Edited by armstrong

Oh, and all the wiring you'd have to do too. And the GZE gearbox (E-series) is a waste for a n/a 4A, the ratios are all wrong. And saying you need it for the power is a laugh, since 1) it's torque that kills gearboxes, not power, and 2) whats wrong with the C52, C56 or C160 that came standard behind the 20Vs?

Im just glad i got the 7afe 1.8l engine cos their the best of their kind. instead of the 4afe and 7afe 1.4 & 1.6l models which are common

Only engines which came out in the AE10x in Australia were the 4AFE and 7AFE, and most of the models were 7A powered. CSi was 4AFE, Conquest/CSX/RV/Ultima were all 7AFE. And there's no such thing as a 1.4L 4AFE, there's a 1.4L 6AFC carby twincam model in the povo-spec AE92s, but that was it.

Oh well my bad..... obviously i dont know alot about engines :huh:

i do know for a fact that the 7AFE engine is the best stock engine that that they brought out for this generation.

& the main thing that is stopping performance is the the KW's in this model is the exhaust system and air intake system. Apparently improving these two factors will make a big difference. apparently about 10kw-20kw. (MOST LIKELY 15KW)

post-8873-1225855875_thumb.jpg

Oh well my bad..... obviously i dont know alot about engines :huh:

i do know for a fact that the 7AFE engine is the best stock engine that that they brought out for this generation.

& the main thing that is stopping performance is the the KW's in this model is the exhaust system and air intake system. Apparently improving these two factors will make a big difference. apparently about 10kw-20kw. (MOST LIKELY 15KW)

If you get 10kw at the weels from just the intake and exhaust on a 7afe you're doing VERY well indeed. the hed itself doesnt flow very well.

if you get the money... drop in a 20v 4AGE Silvertop. Or dare to be a bit different and do some research on how to convert to a 7AGE.

overall.. good luck with it!!

If you get 10kw at the weels from just the intake and exhaust on a 7afe you're doing VERY well indeed. the hed itself doesnt flow very well.

Depending on which dyno results you take, I got exactly that. The exhaust is a big restriction (intake not so much), especially where the intermediate pipe goes over the crossmember before the cat.

First dyno (SAS in Sydney on an absolute stinker of a day, 40 degree intake temps, in Shootout mode) = 67.8kW

Second dyno (Hunter All-Wheel Dyno in Newcastle, normal intake temps) = 61kw

Both of those runs were on mechanically identical cars, just on different days in different weather on different dynos

Third dyno (SAS again, on a nice cool day), with full exhaust but still stock intake = 71.1kw

Add in the cold air intake, and timing adjustment to suit the 98 fuel, and 75 could be possible.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist