$2510 cheap for DMS 40mm?

WaynoGTS

$2500 is a pretty damn good price. Where is that from? I've been quoted $3500 for the 40mm, and $5500 for the 50mm.

As for spring rates, the Cusco come with 7kg front and 5kg rear and I find it is fine unless you have to go over a lot of speed bumps. Maybe go a trade off between comfort and performance. Front 5kg, and rear 3kg, or something like that, up to you.

One thing I don't understand is how the springs can come down beside the tyre on coilovers?

There's about 20mm gap between the stock tyres and the stock strut. 17x7"'s will cut that in half and the springs on coilovers are wider than a stock strut body...

Edited by Wayne123R

$2500 is a pretty damn good price. Where is that from? I've been quoted $3500 for the 40mm, and $5500 for the 50mm.

As for spring rates, the Cusco come with 7kg front and 5kg rear and I find it is fine unless you have to go over a lot of speed bumps. Maybe go a trade off between comfort and performance. Front 5kg, and rear 3kg, or something like that, up to you.

GSL Rallysport at Brendale, QLD

1300 884 836

sales@gslrallysport.com

1 set only, after which they're $3400. Tell them I told you.

I got about 10mm clearance at the moment, so I'm going to play it safe and just get KYB's and a couple of smallest camber bolts from Toyota. Thanks for effort taking the pic.

Edited by Wayne123R

Thanks for the plug Wayne! Yep, DMS do have a set of ZZE Sportivo coilovers in stock ready to go that was on their massive 'it's taking up room needs to go sale'! It's come from DMS, it's not a cheap gimmick we're doing to generate business (mainly because that's well below regular cost!!!), but it is something that won't stay there forever, once that set is sold, it's sold, and subsequent sets would be full price of $3400ish. So if you're chasing a set, get in quick! They're listed out of DMS as just shocks, not including springs, and are being sold for $1850, or $2510 with springs. So the option is there to buy just the shocks, then worry about springs later, or source them cheaper direct from someone like Kings or Eibach. The DMS springs are pretty expensive because they're both a variable wind and thickness, and if you can afford them are definitely worth it.

Any questions on them feel free to give us a bell.

Cheers,

Greg

[Also, mods, let me know if posting this goes against your forum rules. It's more of a reply to an existing inquiry than me just coming on here out of the blue. Also, I sent a PM to someone yesterday about possibly becoming a forum sponsor, so if anyone has info on that please pass it on.]

Edited by gslrallysport