"WIL - 11N" - TEAM BLACK (56K NO WAY)

vuongster

4:00 AM on a Tuesday morning. Obviously I have too much time on my hands. Thought I might as well start getting some things for an attention deprived car. Been on the forum for a while now, about time I properly introduce my stivo.

I've had it for about 5-6 months now and until recently the modifier's disease hadn't really hit yet. I was happy with what I had.

How it looked when i got it.

6ccfb560.jpg

8ef14c47.jpg

ac0d24d4.jpg

963a31e3.jpg

5b5348ed.jpg

13176101.jpg

Mods at that time:

- TRD CAI

- TRD Short shifter

- TRD rear sway

- C-One front sway

- Tein Super Wagon Coilovers with Tein 6kg fronts and 4kg rears

- 17" Work Emotion CR Kai in Gunmetal with bald toyo T1R proxes

- Rays lug nuts

Since then, there's been a few little mods here and there. Things are starting to heat up now though with all this free time. The only cure to modifier's disease is to run out of money.

To be continued when i get some sleep i suppose :whistling:

p.s. TEAM BLACK FTW :toast::ph34r:

Edited by vuongster

thanks for the comments guys

okay well, the tread on the T1R's were getting really low, so i decided to go try out some rims for fun.

First up were some BBS mesh rims in RED. dodgy phone pics but it didn't look too bad in person. Quite eye catching, sure did attract a lot of looks.

0825541c.jpg

95334c50.jpg

ec9c3a88.jpg

5cd0ba26.jpg

As you can see though, the offset of those BBS wasn't too friendly with our modest stivo fenders. Although there was no scrubbing which was surprising.

Wheels were 15" on Adrenalin Potenza RE001 and weren't on the car for long as they were my mates.

Next was a set of Sport Max with some brand new tyres. Was initially planning to keep these on the car for quite a while so got them with Nankang Ultra Sports II which aren't too bad for lasting lots of kilometers.

Never got around to taking pics of the sportmax on the stivo as they were on the car for a day when i decided that they were too small and it looked ridiculously high. This leads to the story of my springs which i'll cover later. However i did snap some shots of the sportmax on their own. Nice looking rims on a dumped stivo. Perfect offset and a bit of a dish :D 15x7 +38

436a9f9f.jpg

f44e3c07.jpg

Even the plastic was still on the center caps :o

4f8b407b.jpg

Well after this i thought i might as well get a set of stockies in case i ever needed to sell the stivo (Not anytime soon hopefully).

Picked up a nice clean set of stockies. Also got a set of eyelids from Topstage, had them painted and here they are.

e2ea8a72.jpg

713c593c.jpg

Till next time :).

They're sitting in my garage begging me to put them back on.

Lets just say i've had other mods to be done first. :whistling:

Well to fill some time, here's a little photoshoot i did with some of my friends. Some pics are a little grainy cause i used a dodgy camera at night that wouldn't let me change the iso. I miss my work emotions ! Saving up for some good tyres.

e83a7542.jpg

bc09bd1a.jpg

1ad6cddd.jpg

Missing a few people from the group but yeh :)

0d6da981.jpg

Oh and a little teaser, wonder what it is ? :rolleyes:

941e3950.jpg

Well next up i had an xforce s12 twin loop put on. I'm happy with how it sounds and it gives a nice throaty sound. I'll post up a youtube link later on when i have time. It's quite a bit louder than stock so if you want a stock sounding exhaust probably not for you. That said it probably is a lot quieter than a lot of zorsts, perhaps im just not used to it yet. Anyway had the job done at Performance Exhaust Centre. They do good jobs there if anyone is looking for a place. The sportivo catback is already pretty good so all, i just had the stock muffler cut off and the s12 welded on. Pm me if you want any further info.

Now for some pics :)

3d6cd3df.jpg

a4d99dc1.jpg

5d4e46bc.jpg

a3a38f73.jpg

Welds on s12 look pretty decent. Good bang for your buck imo. As for power gains, it seems to give more low-mid range torque and it seems to breathe a bit better when pushing it. Haven't taken it for any serious driving lately but ill be sure to take note.

• 3 weeks later...

been a while since i've updated.

things that are going to be put on the stivo very soon !

OEM toyota rear skirt

8ec09242.jpg

db40aa64.jpg

ALSO

was a real toss up between just putting in recaros or sparco bucket seats. at the time only had a single recaro but it came on bride rails that were perfect fit on the stivo ! the things that bothered me though was that the side bolsters on the recaros need to be maintained and i do take a lot of passengers. this put doubts in my mind about buying another recaro. not a fan of the single recaro, looked too track car like and thats not what the car is used for :P

the sparcos were sitting in my old car but they looked too good to be left in there when i sold it. side bolsters on the sparcos are nice and firm and so the choice was made.

bride rail :o

d6e74d81.jpg

single sr3 recaro

fa99981f.jpg

sparcos to be put in !

1f085ddd.jpg

339faee9.jpg

sparcos and rear lip will be put on soon

will update then :)

They're sitting in my garage begging me to put them back on.

Lets just say i've had other mods to be done first. :whistling:

Well to fill some time, here's a little photoshoot i did with some of my friends. Some pics are a little grainy cause i used a dodgy camera at night that wouldn't let me change the iso. I miss my work emotions ! Saving up for some good tyres.

e83a7542.jpg

bc09bd1a.jpg

1ad6cddd.jpg

Missing a few people from the group but yeh :)

0d6da981.jpg

Oh and a little teaser, wonder what it is ? :rolleyes:

941e3950.jpg

lol what are you doing at stockies ? :lol:

Go team black hehe.

i love your car its looking good. im tossing up what rims to buy for mine atm.

good luck with it

Also could you pm me his details for me? as much as id love to do it myself. i think i might prefer a bit of help from someone more experienced!

Go team black hehe.

good luck with it

Also could you pm me his details for me? as much as id love to do it myself. i think i might prefer a bit of help from someone more experienced!

Bread i rkn you should get lenso superlights white or even lenso type me black with red lip:)

also to op nice ride

love the bucket seats

stock sportivo drivers seat is a fucn fail

do the sparcos fit fine on the bride rail without modification ?

also, the seating position, is it much altered from stock ? Really wanna seat that sits slightly lower than stock and ofcourse something a little bit more supportive

lol what are you doing at stockies ? :lol:

stockies is my 'hood' :P you from around the area?

Go team black hehe.

good luck with it

pm-ed ! in relation to rims, i think the time attack work emotion cr kai's look nice on black cars. i think kaze ( bankai) has it on his car as well as a few others on this forum. they're called k-speed or something similar. In the end a lot depends on how much money you want to spend

Go team black hehe.

good luck with it

Bread i rkn you should get lenso superlights white or even lenso type me black with red lip:)

also to op nice ride

cheers :)

personally i dont like the superlights however the type m's wouldnt look too bad

love the bucket seats

stock sportivo drivers seat is a fucn fail

do the sparcos fit fine on the bride rail without modification ?

also, the seating position, is it much altered from stock ? Really wanna seat that sits slightly lower than stock and ofcourse something a little bit more supportive

yeh the stock sportivo seats arent exactly made for cornering i suppose, but they sure are comfortable :lol:

the bride rail is actually for the sr3 recaro. they were custom made to fit the stivo but yeh asi mentioned earlier in the post i prefer to have a pair rather than look like a hard parker.

the sparcos came on separate rails that were from another car so i just used them and fitted it into the stivo.

the seating position really depends on what rails you get. my rails atm are pretty high so id say its close to stock position. they are a whole lot more supportive though.

will get some photos in once i give my car a wash :D

just a few pics of some newly installed parts after a good wash. other cars involved : cousins teg, friends em1 and the family aurion :)

rear skirt

816e5663.jpg

76a54376.jpg

sparcos. liking them a lot, match the interior of the stivo well and they're heaps more supportive than stocks.

45855c06.jpg

be27ca49.jpg

47c35bac.jpg

and finally just a shot of the family toyotas :D

fbf31eee.jpg

lols yeah im a regular, my gf lives like 2 seconds from there and i live about 2 minutes away.

its a hole though

wetherill park isn't THAT bad. got everything you need. stockies, hospital, leisure centre, fire station not too far away and a cop shop.... lol

UPDATE:

my right low beam bulbs blew 2 days ago, so thought it was a sign that i needed some new ones. went to pick up some Philips X-treme Power + 80 yesterday and installed them along with some Bluevision 4000k parkers (which are actually white in colour despite the name). happy with the whiteness, brightness and clarity but at $80 just for some lights was a tad expensive. didn't trust some of the other brands such as MTEC as they only have like 1 month warranty and couldn't wait for any ebay ones as i needed them asap. shouldve read around though, only just found out that facelift model's low and high beams are both H7's could have just swapped them around and waited for some ebay ones but oh well.

shall get some pics up of how they look at night :)

hey, MTEC arent that bad, i also have a black facelift sportivo, i got H7 Cosmos blue 4750K low beams, H11 4750K foglights and SMD T10 Parkers so the whole thing is whiteish blue, no sign of yellowness, and they are 150W version and i got off ebay. Had them in my car for over a year and a half now and so far so good, I left the High beam bulbs as i dont even use them.

I too was tossing up between Phillips Diamond Vision bulbs but for around $100 a pair, ide preffer Mtec at $40 a pair and probably Brighter, im suprised you didnt just go HID, most of the members do once they are upgrading or theyve blown a bulb.

hey, MTEC arent that bad, i also have a black facelift sportivo, i got H7 Cosmos blue 4750K low beams, H11 4750K foglights and SMD T10 Parkers so the whole thing is whiteish blue, no sign of yellowness, and they are 150W version and i got off ebay. Had them in my car for over a year and a half now and so far so good, I left the High beam bulbs as i dont even use them.

I too was tossing up between Phillips Diamond Vision bulbs but for around $100 a pair, ide preffer Mtec at $40 a pair and probably Brighter, im suprised you didnt just go HID, most of the members do once they are upgrading or theyve blown a bulb.

was thinking about HID but i really do hate it when reflector HIDs blind the crap out of you. yeh i've heard some good things from some members about MTEC but the quality just worries me. might get a pair of MTECs when one of my fog lights bulbs blow :) although i am liking the white headlight with yellow foggies look.

how much did you get your MTEC for ?