Custom Sub Box For Corolla

SILVABULLIT

Looking for a sub box that doesn't take up all your boot space? Well mate of mine has designed a sub box for a 12 inch sub that fits neatly in the boot without taking up all of your boot space. If you're interested in buying one they are $300 and consist of a fibreglass and mdf construction to make it very light. Most of the weight in it is the sub itself. You can still access your spare tyre easily and the box is easily mounted.

post-335-1109071127_thumb.jpg

post-335-1109071153_thumb.jpg

post-335-1109071172_thumb.jpg

post-335-1109071197_thumb.jpg

post-335-1109071217_thumb.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for a sub  box that doesn't take up all your boot space? Well mate of mine has designed a sub box for a 12 inch sub that fits neatly in the boot without taking up all of your boot space. If you're interested in buying one they are $300 and consist of a fibreglass and mdf construction to make it very light. Most of the weight in it is the sub itself. You can still access your spare tyre easily and the box is easily mounted.

damn that looks good! is it removeable?

Can you still use the recline feature in the rear seats??? That's my biggest concern with a boot install...

I have my own ideas about ways around this but m\not sure of expense and feasablility

Edited by Blue_Stivo

Looks good. Thanks for the pics :)

I wouldn't mind running a sub on each side... but where to put the amp (elegantly)?

I was doing a few drawings when we first got the sportivo and there is enough room in the floor to mount them with what looks to be not alot of trouble or behing the back seats which will mean you'll loose about 3 inchs or so.

Havent had time to have a play but when im finished i'll let you know :)

I wouldn't mind running a sub on each side... but where to put the amp (elegantly)?

I was doing a few drawings when we first got the sportivo and there is enough room in the floor to mount them with what looks to be not alot of trouble or behing the back seats which will mean you'll loose about 3 inchs or so.

is there room directly above the spare wheel, but mounted on the liftable wooden floor?

is there room directly above the spare wheel, but mounted on the liftable wooden floor?

Yes there looks to be. Will try and figure something out on the weekend cause its a pain not having a decent stereo in the car, thought it was something i wouldnt miss but i was mistaken

can he make em to fit either side of the boot?

ive got 2 12 inch subs but in normal box havnt got much room in the boot at all.

so id definatly be interested in getting two of em for each side.

the amps and that are all out of the way mounted under my front seats so its just the matter of putting the subs in the new boxes and mounting them in place great idea.

is there any chance your mate would do it cheaper buying two instead of one?

Can you still use the recline feature in the rear seats??? That's my biggest concern with a boot install...

This is my biggest problem as well ... I have been contemplating for a couple of months now on this ... do I do the install with / without the recline feature :huh:

I will try and answer all your questions so bear with me!!

My amps will be mounted under the front seats or if your amp isn't too big you could mount it beside the sub inbetween it and the back of the back seat.

As far as reclining the back seat down it still reclines back but it doesn't lock into place. The box stops it short of locking in by about 2 to 3 inches.

If enough interest is shown for a box for the LHS then we will make one. It will protrude into the boot a little more as the fuel filler is behind the LHS inner panel. A custom made floor will also be needed to with a slightly smaller hatch to access the spare and tools etc.

I will endeavour to try to hook it up and hear what it sounds like with a few other pairs of ears to listen as well.

What you will find with the box size is that depending on the actual sub you use, will depend on what sort of sound it produces, then match it up with the sizr box you need.

Contrary to popular myth, not all subs give massive dB with low end bass....

I run a single 12" Earthquake in a box a little over a cubic foot, giving me a 'tighter' bass sound and awesome kick (particularly noticable during high volume Linkin Park sessions) however, the real bottom end bass (under 100hz) I tend to miss out on.

If your looking for real loud and real low bass, then you will need a larger box and a sub with more power.

I just cut my box down a few weeks ago from a 2.5 cuFt where I did have a better doof doof sound....

Although I haven't yet heard this particular box of Silva's, although I have seen it with my own eyes (finally :) ) I am sure that it will give you a great sound and at $300 for a custom box, you can't go wrong....

NB: with regards to the amp location...I had made myself a mount for my amp which was located under the rear floor panel, in place of that little storage tray next to the spare. However, due to the design of this particular box that Silvabullit has presented, it would not be a suitable option.

My suggestions are either under the front seats, or make a custom amp rack on the opposite side of the boot (if you are running a single sub) as you won't need much space. Unfortunatly I can advise that you will NOT be able to mount the amp under the floor panel above the spare... :(

Cheers

Azz

Edited by afyfe

• 3 months later...

It does come down to your woofer's you can get JL's (W0) that work fine in tiny boxes or you can get a Earthquake Magma that run in tiny boxes that slam out some crazy low and very loud bass....

I'm interested in the internal volume of this box and id like to know if we can get em made for 10's...

• 3 weeks later...

nice ..... very nice .... but i think im not gona go all out on audio in the stivo.... did this on my last car :P :P :P :P ;) ;) ;) ;)

• 2 months later...