Powerchip or Unichip

hey guys, new to the forum

For a 2005 Sportivo

i understand that Powerchip gold 98 = $1900 and unichip is about $1100 bucks. Has anyone out there invested in the powerchip. I am interested in a ECU chip but i need some feedback on both of them. I hear good things about the unichip in sportivos, but havnt heard much about the new powerchip.

Any comments, even comparisons.

It just has my knickers in a twist atm.

Warning UNICHIP BIASED

Just a follow up as i didnt have much time an my hands when I posted last night.

Peekay34 can also contest to this topic as he has dealt with both unichip and powerchip.

The reason we promote the unichip more so is that the price of the powerchip and the gains for the 1800+ $$ is simply not worth it. I contacted powerchip a year or so ago now and they werent too helpful about information on the chip. they were only interested in installing it in my car and that was it? Not even a dyno tune???

Where as every unichip dealer in Brisbane that I called was more than helpful in answering any questions i had.

The unichip thus far has shown gains of between 2 ~ 12 kW in our car :blink: and this is from the older 16Bit chip also. I am yet to get the results from Rob on the installation of the new 32Bit into the '05 Stivo ;)

Personally when I got my unichip tuned I concentrated on the low/midrange RPM (pre lift) and the results were great. As soon as I can scan in my dyno sheet you will see the gains in both power and torque from 1K RPM and up to 6K.

The drivability of the car in the low range is now better than ever...remember when we got the ECU recall....well that increase was felt again with this unichip

ONE HAPPY CAMPER :D

hi guys,

i'm d_mn interested in getting a unichip for my new car. i'll get my car this friday,.. yahoo...

i am not very experienced with all this, so please bear with my stupidity. according to Danthuyer, this unichip could be tuned so that the engine produces more torque at lower rev, right? can you tell me what parameters need to be adjusted to achieve this and what is the optimal setting for this?

is there any difference in price between 16bit and 32bit chips?

i reckon if i paid another 1k to get 12 kw on the wheel and more torque during low rev, it's worth it, isn't it?

thanks

hi guys,

i'm d_mn interested in getting a unichip for my new car. i'll get my car this friday,.. yahoo...

i am not very experienced with all this, so please bear with my stupidity. according to Danthuyer, this unichip could be tuned so that the engine produces more torque at lower rev, right? can you tell me what parameters need to be adjusted to achieve this and what is the optimal setting for this?

is there any difference in price between 16bit and 32bit chips?

i reckon if i paid another 1k to get 12 kw on the wheel and more torque during low rev, it's worth it, isn't it?

thanks

Have a search around the forums and you'll find a bit of info on this topic.

basically you tune ignition timing and other settings with the chip to make the car run more efficient. this takes a few hours on a dyno machine and the end results are varied pending on who when and where you get the tune done.

32Bit chip has more tuning points from what I hear?

Its a personal choice if it is worth it....you can pay 1300$ for a set of headers and get only 5kW or you could spend similar money on a unichip and get 10kW ???

or you can purchase a second hand emanage with all the looms for less than $500, make/purchase an adapter loom, and get it tuned for under $1K.

With this you end up with a lot more control than the unichip, more options, and the flexibility of not being stuck with "unichip authorised" dealers when you make changes to the car that require a retune. You also dont void your car's electrical/ECU warranty by splicing into the factory loom if you do it this way.

The datalogging and map tracing is pretty cool, as is the ability to change maps with the click of a button from the laptop etc.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...wtopic=1024&hl=

and here's a screenshot of what you can adjust, I dont have any screenshots of the maptracing or datalogging, the next time MAP81 comes round I'll get some screenshots of those features.

http://www.rollamods.com/tech/emanage/eman6.jpg

Picture_014sml.jpeg

Edited by rollamods

or you can purchase a second hand emanage with all the looms for less than $500, make/purchase an adapter loom, and get it tuned for under $1K.

With this you end up with a lot more control than the unichip, more options, and the flexibility of not being stuck with "unichip authorised" dealers when you make changes to the car that require a retune.  You also dont void your car's electrical/ECU warranty by splicing into the factory loom if you do it this way.

The datalogging and map tracing is pretty cool, as is the ability to change maps with the click of a button from the laptop etc.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...wtopic=1024&hl=

and here's a screenshot of what you can adjust, I dont have any screenshots of the maptracing or datalogging, the next time MAP81 comes round I'll get some screenshots of those features.

http://www.rollamods.com/tech/emanage/eman6.jpg

Picture_014sml.jpeg

and i have another spare eManage for sale, too if anyone wants it. PM me. don't mind posting it interstate.

ok..this is interesting. how much does it cost? i look at he link you provided, it seems very difficult to put this box into the car. do you know anybody in adealide who knows how to do all these operations?

thanks

it's quite easy to put the box in the car, it's just a bit more complex if you want to retain your warranty. You could always just purchase the pre-made loom from japan if you want to plug and play.

If you dont care about your electrical warranty you can splice straight into your loom with an emanage exactly the same way the unichip, SAFC, and every other piggyback ECU do.

very interesting indeed....

does anyone know anybody who could do this in adealide?

i am willing to purchase this stuff along with its accesories ($1500) - nice idea, tune the car without voiding the new car warranty!!!!

$1500????????

a good second hand set with ignition and injector looms should cost no more than $500.

I've bought a few for $500-600, with the $600 unit coming with everything including the support tool comms cable for laptop tuning.

You can usually buy an ECU and plugs from a jap wrecker for around $100 to make the adapter loom with.