Need a little advice on wheels

Swanga

Hi guys i recently got an Aurion as a company car and im looking at putting a set of 19x8.5 wheels on it. I've done a bit of research around the site and it seems +45 is the standard offset. I am looking at the two different wheels below they are almost identical but one has a +35 offset and the other +45. I intend to lower it a little as well so im which ones do you think would be my best option? Based of other posts i should also go for a 245/35 tyre??

http://www.talebtyres.com.au/products_clos...amp;part_no=665

http://www.talebtyres.com.au/products_clos...amp;part_no=552

Any help is greatly appreciated as i have modified Fords all my life so the Aurion is new to me.

Hi guys i recently got an Aurion as a company car and im looking at putting a set of 19x8.5 wheels on it. I've done a bit of research around the site and it seems +45 is the standard offset. I am looking at the two different wheels below they are almost identical but one has a +35 offset and the other +45. I intend to lower it a little as well so im which ones do you think would be my best option? Based of other posts i should also go for a 245/35 tyre??

http://www.talebtyres.com.au/products_clos...amp;part_no=665

http://www.talebtyres.com.au/products_clos...amp;part_no=552

Any help is greatly appreciated as i have modified Fords all my life so the Aurion is new to me.

Are yours the ATX model? I did get similar wheels (Lenso Type M 19x8.5 with +45 offset) for my car with 245/40/19 tyres, with this size there are still a few selection of tyres available with the right loading (for ATX the right loading will be 95 and above) but if you intend to lower it, it will be best to go for 245/35/19 tyres but the problem is there ain't much choices with the right loading. +45 seems fine for me, i have posted the pictures in the other thread "Black Wheels with Red Lips", after lowering with king springs, the gap at the rear is about 1 finger and the front is 2 fingers but if you read earlier post on lowering cars with king springs, the front will settle approximately further 5mm so your car might have some scrubbing.. i still haven't experience any with mine but i only did my lowering on Thursday so waiting for it to settle.. Hope that helps..

Yeah its an ATX.

I saw your thread and your car looks great. I cant afford to have any rubbing being a work car hence why im asking a few questions. I might consider 18's if its going to be to close to call......

The +45 offset wheels are the ones you want. +35 will stick out of the guards at the front and scrub!

+1 on the above, the offset ya need is +45... :)

How wide are your 20's 8 or 8.5???

1stkill wheels should be 20x8.5, if you getting 20", go for 245/30/20 instead of 245/35/20, safer on the scrubbing issue when you get it lowered..

couple of pics...20x8.5 +45 offset & 245/35/20

2v0edqf.jpg

iwq8b4.jpg

1stkill, could you take more photos of your rear wheels from the side? more specifically i'd like to see how much gap is between the outer side of the wheel and the guards itself (ie: to see how much it sticks in/out, if you know what i mean)

thx!

sorry man,i will have to take a pic of the angle ya want i don't have one...at the moment it's filthy and it's pizzing down rain,so will try and post something in the next few days.

Thanks for all your help...

If i was to go with an 18x8 what tyr would be the best, 245/40 ??

I am running 18x8 with 245/40 tyres, i would recommend you do so too =)

The wheel place has reccomended 235/45....??? This gives me the standard diameter of my standard tyres, so i guess it cant be bad.

Thanks for all your help...

If i was to go with an 18x8 what tyr would be the best, 245/40 ??

I am running 18x8 with 245/40 tyres, i would recommend you do so too =)

The wheel place has reccomended 235/45....??? This gives me the standard diameter of my standard tyres, so i guess it cant be bad.

with that size.. you can lower without worrying about scrubbing ... will wait for your pic soon..

^ Did these help DUB,for what reason did you need these pics?

aaaaw mate you're a legend! THANKS mate

i just wanted to know/see how much clearance with +45 offset wheel (and see whether i can get away with a +40 or +35 offset instead)

looks like barely enough room for a whisker the way it is now! :huh: