ZRE152 AFTER MARKET FOG LIGHTS KIT

Any one knows where can i get the fog light kit for my ZRE ascent

I only find the one in castel hill toyota cost about 400 something

I cann't find any kit fot ZRE on ebay

Any one knows??

Cheers

There are currently no aftermarket kits for the ZRE hatch (except the kit @ Castle Hill). Which IMO is not worth it. Hold that thought for a few weeks.. and you shall see something impressive. :P

hey man, there are aftermarket kits available... and the castle hill kit i got quoted 1300$ installed or something a while back, if you look hard enough you will find the quotes i posted here somewhere.

if you go to this site http://www.ozeparts.com.au/ you will be able to find the fog light covers for the hatch, i will be purchasing these in the next few days. but also if you go onto ebay, and search corolla fog, you will see a 'mars performance' item, which is the corolla sedan fog light kit, with everything needed for the foggies. however, i read somewhere that the sedan and hatch have the same fog lights, just the cover is different, so i will be buying this kit aswell in the next few days, and hopefully everything turns out alright ... the link to the ebay item is here.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MARS-OEM-FOG-LIGHT-...93%3A1|294%3A50

EDIT: so basically if you want to wait a week or something, i will hopefully have everything installed. and will let you know how it goes. Just a quick question to the more experienced. Will any auto-electrician be able to install the fog light kit for me. Not very technical minded myself, so dont want to do it by myself. But, i wouldnt mind paying someone from the forum to help me install it. Will pay by cash, and/or case of beers. ( Don't mind driving, sydney area, city, ryde, parramatta, PM me if you can help. )

Thanks in advance, and it will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by -rez-

The ZRE Ascent comes prewired ready for fogs. It already has the main harness in place. So the only thing you need to get foggies working are:

- 2x lamps

- 2x shrouds

- 8x screws

- relay (unsure if it's there already, will need to check)

- OEM stalk or push switch..

Also, the ZRE Corolla share the same fog lamps as the Yaris and Camry

I hope that helps..

Kenneth

hey man, there are aftermarket kits available... and the castle hill kit i got quoted 1300$ installed or something a while back, if you look hard enough you will find the quotes i posted here somewhere.

if you go to this site http://www.ozeparts.com.au/ you will be able to find the fog light covers for the hatch, i will be purchasing these in the next few days. but also if you go onto ebay, and search corolla fog, you will see a 'mars performance' item, which is the corolla sedan fog light kit, with everything needed for the foggies. however, i read somewhere that the sedan and hatch have the same fog lights, just the cover is different, so i will be buying this kit aswell in the next few days, and hopefully everything turns out alright ... the link to the ebay item is here.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MARS-OEM-FOG-LIGHT-...93%3A1|294%3A50

EDIT: so basically if you want to wait a week or something, i will hopefully have everything installed. and will let you know how it goes. Just a quick question to the more experienced. Will any auto-electrician be able to install the fog light kit for me. Not very technical minded myself, so dont want to do it by myself. But, i wouldnt mind paying someone from the forum to help me install it. Will pay by cash, and/or case of beers. ( Don't mind driving, sydney area, city, ryde, parramatta, PM me if you can help. )

Thanks in advance, and it will be greatly appreciated.

B) Nice mate

Can't wait to see ur job

The ZRE Ascent comes prewired ready for fogs. It already has the main harness in place. So the only thing you need to get foggies working are:

- 2x lamps

- 2x shrouds

- 8x screws

I hope that helps..

Kenneth

Haha, are you serious ? its prewired ?, and what do you mean by main harness. I just bought the fog light kit from mars warehouse earlier today :P :(

But atleast it comes with the relay, the lamps, screws, and push switch ( didnt want the oem stalk )

So now tomorrow i'll just order the shrouds / plastic covers.

- 2x lamps

- 2x shrouds

- 8x screws

I hope that helps..

Kenneth

Haha, are you serious ? its prewired ?, and what do you mean by main harness. I just bought the fog light kit from mars warehouse earlier today :P :(

But atleast it comes with the relay, the lamps, screws, and push switch ( didnt want the oem stalk )

Yeap, have you ever looked behind your bumper? The main harness with the foglight connectors are already there. So that means everything in the engine bay side of things is already done except for the 2 lamps and H11 bulbs. You don't need to run any cables through the firewall. Inside the cabin, you need to install the relay, which is on a fusebox behind your A/C dials. So you need to remove the side trims, remove the air vents, and pull out your headunit before you can reach behind there.

I'll email you the official Toyota manual for aftermarket fog kits. PM'd.

- 2x lamps

- 2x shrouds

- 8x screws

I hope that helps..

Kenneth

Yeap, have you ever looked behind your bumper? The main harness with the foglight connectors are already there. So that means everything in the engine bay side of things is already done except for the 2 lamps and H11 bulbs. You don't need to run any cables through the firewall. Inside the cabin, you need to install the relay, which is on a fusebox behind your A/C dials. So you need to remove the side trims, remove the air vents, and pull out your headunit before you can reach behind there.

If some one will do this job

Plz take some photos duing the progress

Thx

Does Castle Hill still have that install for $400?

Castle Hill has upped their ZRE fog lamp kit to $485.. It'd work out cheaper to buy an eBay kit, some shrouds from the dealer and a relay from an auto store.

Did the install today with OEM stalk on KevO's ZRE. The whole process worked out smooth, no splicing or anything, just plug-n-play. The fog light symbol on the dash also lights up upon operation..

A couple of things to note:

- It seemed almost impossible to install the lamps without removing the front bar

- All you need are 2x lamps, 2x bulbs, 6x taping screws from Toyota (93567-A5014), L&R shroud (81482-12050 & 81481-12070), OEM stalk (84140-52100), and a micro relay (Narva 68062BL).

It would occur to me that the cheapest way of installing foggies to a ZRE is to buy a Yaris Hatch fog light kit off eBay (~150) for the lamps, bulbs and screws. Then just buy a micro relay from Narva (~12). Both left and right shrouds (~77.10 each) from Toyota. Then all you would need is either an OEM stalk from Toyota (~156) or wire up the push switch from the fog light kit. Bringing you to a total of ~472 for a full factory like install.. still cheaper than CH Toyota.. :P

Then from there onwards it's as simple as following the DIY I've written in the Audio/Electronics section. :)

Edited by KEN33F

Did the install today with OEM stalk on KevO's ZRE. The whole process worked out smooth, no splicing or anything, just plug-n-play. The fog light symbol on the dash also lights up upon operation..

A couple of things to note:

- It seemed almost impossible to install the lamps without removing the front bar

- All you need are 2x lamps, 2x bulbs, 6x taping screws from Toyota (93567-A5014), L&R shroud (81482-12050 & 81481-12070), OEM stalk (84140-52100), and a micro relay (Narva 68082BL).

It would occur to me that the cheapest way of installing foggies to a ZRE is to buy a Yaris Hatch fog light kit off eBay (~150) for the lamps, bulbs and screws. Then just buy a micro relay from Narva (~12). Both left and right shrouds (~77.10 each) from Toyota. Then all you would need is either an OEM stalk from Toyota (~156) or wire up the push switch from the fog light kit. Bringing you to a total of ~472 for a full factory like install.. still cheaper than CH Toyota.. :P

Then from there onwards it's as simple as following the DIY I've written in the Audio/Electronics section. :)

So without a stalk, it's about 300 bucks.

Not bad

BTW how to wire the push button

Cheers KEN33F

Edited by oki

• 2 months later...
Inside the cabin, you need to install the relay, which is on a fusebox behind your A/C dials. So you need to remove the side trims, remove the air vents, and pull out your headunit before you can reach behind there.

I just pulled apart the centre console of my hatch. I see the space for the relay to go in. It's right underneath a metal brace. I don't quite know how I'm going to get there, but I will. I couldn't feel any wires leading into the back of that space though. Sure the pins were there, just like in the photo from the yaris diy guide, but I couldn't feel any wires. 'course I couldn't get my hand in there properly.

Once I install that relay, where do the wires come from that go over to the fog light switch?

Does anyone have this manual for aftermarket fog kits that KEN33F was talking about?

Yeah, you have to splice 2 (I think) of the wires coming off the headlight switch. You will have to remove the lower plastic cover to access the wires. =)

Hm, anyone in Sydney/Wollongong feel like giving me a hand? I'm happy to drive where ever tomorrow.

I pulled off all the covers tonight to have a look. Just hoping that I could just plug a cable in. Alas, no :(

Edited by Whitey1212

Yeah, you have to splice 2 (I think) of the wires coming off the headlight switch. You will have to remove the lower plastic cover to access the wires. =)

Hm, anyone in Sydney/Wollongong feel like giving me a hand? I'm happy to drive where ever tomorrow.

I pulled off all the covers tonight to have a look. Just hoping that I could just plug a cable in. Alas, no :(

hehe, I had the same issue when I put mine on. I did everything and couldnt work out where to plug the push switch in. So i ended up getting the Stalk from toyota for $160 and was plug and play :) no cutting etc. just replacement of the stock one. thanks for Kenneths help!

Hey guys, do i buy the foglights from mars performance?? but there for the sedan, will they still fit in the hatch?? after our cruz on saturday i want sum so i can add sum class to my front bar... Thanks MITCH aka WHITEY1212 for the motivation... My mrs is gonna KILL ME!!! Is anyone able to send me the installation manual??

The ZRE Hatch and Sedan share the same fog lamp units, as do a few other current generation Toyotas (e.g. Yaris HB/Sedan, Camry). If you pm me your email, I can send you the factory instructions. :)

• Like 1

The ZRE Hatch and Sedan share the same fog lamp units, as do a few other current generation Toyotas (e.g. Yaris HB/Sedan, Camry). If you pm me your email, I can send you the factory instructions. :)

Damn ur a good bloke KEN33F... Also how much will it cost for HID bulbs???

PM sent.

Yep, Mars Performance fog lights on ebay are the right ones, all you need after that is the pair of shrouds as the ones in the kit are for the sedan.

I didn't actually use the instruction book, though I do thank the rez and ken33f who sent it to me :D. I found it overly difficult to be honest :P

Jack your car up, I put it on a hoist, but same deal. Underneath the front, on each side there is a cover held in with a set of 10mm bolts that you have to remove. One or two actually have a screwdriver fitting and are a little longer, so don't misplace them. Also there is a plastic clip you need to remove - I found it easy to do so with 2 flat screwdrivers. This is on each side, directly under the shroud.

So, remove this cover.

Behind the stock shroud is a little phillips head screw. You'll need a stubby screwdriver to get to this one - or else remove the plastic wheel arch.

Once you've taken out that screw (on each side), use a bit of force and some directed pulling and pushing to get the shroud out. For the clips that don't let go, you can push them down from the inside now that you have removed the cover.

The mars lights screw into your new shrouds (which are $84 each from Toyota btw) with three of the 8 supplied screws in the kit.

You'll notice that the lights don't sit flush with the inside of the shroud - this is normal (at least on John's "Auris" and my uncle's Aurion) and must be to allow a little more air flow. These lights get daaaaaamn hot. Like a serious skin burn hot!.

The plugs to go into the lights are already in the position, you just need to untape them from the inside of the bumper and plug them in.

Put the cover back up and screw it back in. You're done with the front.

Now the tricky part...

And here's where I paid $70 to get it done properly.

If you want to do it yourself, you need a relay. I've forgotten the part number - I got it from somewhere on here - hopefully someone can help :)

Work out which plugs on the relay run to a switch, and splice the wires from there and run it over to where the switch will go - near the mirror controls.

Solder it all up and you're done.

The official book says to splice wires that go up into the steering column. I saw the bunch of wires there and immediately gave up. Waaay to hard :P.

Also, you can skip the whole splicing thing and go with plug and play if you buy the official stalk from Toyota / A wrecker. I got quoted from Toyota near $180 and a wrecker $150.

Then just follow the instructions in the DIY section on how to remove a yaris' steering wheel - but apply them to your zre!

post-7876-1254177801_thumb.jpg

Oh, and btw, I've ordered whiter headlights to match the fog lights :P

Edited by Whitey1212