MODIFYING HEADLIGHTS

Hey guys,

This saturday I will start off with modifying my headlights.

I bought a set of bi-xenon angel eyes projector kit.

To get these to fit, i'll have to open the headlight.

I got a question about this point..

I read on different forums that the headlights are put in the oven, etc..

But i was wondering if using a heat gun is also an option?

I was thinking about using the heat gun and warm the edges.

If that is also a possibility, what temperature (in F) should be good??

here is a pic of projector with angel eyes

post-12850-1247758124_thumb.jpg

this is the kit. I'm also putting hid for the foglights

post-12850-1247758144_thumb.jpg

hmmm... use the search button, theres a few guys that just did retrofitting projector. ask them, im sure they know heaps :)

man everyone keeps saying search search search. Not attacking you personally Legend888 but just a comment to the general users of this forum.

People ask questions in the forum and when someone tells them to search it doesn't really help them. This forum is going to be dead with no one posting if a person is going to be told to search whenever they ask a question.

By the time people has typed up "go search..." maybe they could have searched up something to help out.

I don't know about you, but I would feel like there is no point posting if people say search. I know a lot of people who do not return to this forum because there isn't an active discussion.

Heat Gun works but it take longer to do coz u can only do a section at a time.

Where as oven the whole thing is heated so u can do big sections really quickly before it cools.

Though with the heat gun u have more control of the area and temp u get it - not to mention ur not freaking out abt ur headlights melting <_<

hmmm... use the search button, theres a few guys that just did retrofitting projector. ask them, im sure they know heaps :)

man everyone keeps saying search search search. Not attacking you personally Legend888 but just a comment to the general users of this forum.

People ask questions in the forum and when someone tells them to search it doesn't really help them. This forum is going to be dead with no one posting if a person is going to be told to search whenever they ask a question.

By the time people has typed up "go search..." maybe they could have searched up something to help out.

I don't know about you, but I would feel like there is no point posting if people say search. I know a lot of people who do not return to this forum because there isn't an active discussion.

+1 here here :whistling:

but in saying that, it does help to use the search feature + posting in a related topic, and if no one responds, then start new thread if you require faster replies..

~ maybe there should be an updated Terms&Conditions in the new members intro section where it guides or states the DO's and DONT's of being a newbie

...unless there already is one that I'm unaware of -_-

just my Australian-2-cent-coin-1.jpg's :)

haha! yeah, no worries mate, dont worry, this is a forum, everyone can say their opinion :)

yeh, i mean, i agree on that point there, sometimes people also wants to ask further questions & answers that they cant find.

but sometimes, people are lazy, they dont bother to search and post straight away, this makes the same discussion thread to be created over and over again.

but yeh, i accept your opinion mate :)

looks like another discussion is going on on here... <_<

Question still unanswered.. :blink:

I already searched, but like i was saying all of them i saw put the headlights in the oven.

I assume that using a heat gun i need to use another temperature than using the oven.

so what temperature do you guys think?

Finally some pictures.. :)

Thanks to my friend Joey modification was easier than i thought..

Here are some pics...

I decided to also blacken a little piece of the side marker..

post-12850-1248098783_thumb.jpg

post-12850-1248098887_thumb.jpg

makes the headlight look a bit more aggressive form the side

And this is what it looks like..

post-12850-1248098965_thumb.jpg

Very sweet :)

pictures whit light on..

post-12850-1248098678_thumb.jpg

post-12850-1248099085_thumb.jpg

post-12850-1248099124_thumb.jpg

post-12850-1248099166_thumb.jpg

that looks F00king fantastic!!! excuse my french, but you sir make me envy you for this

very, very well done :toast::clap::toast:

~makes good sense you started your own thread

Ok 3 more questions before I buy this. I managed to find one for about $140 on ebay.

1. What size bulbs are our cars? H7 or 9006(are they the same?)

2. Snesi_SU - did your kit come with a ballast and a HID bulb to fit in the projector? Did you buy a HID conversion kit to put into the projector lens?

3. How does everything connect together? ie the bulb and angel eye to the ballast and the light stalk etc

Edited by azzman372

Ok 2 more questions before I buy this. I managed to find one for about $140 on ebay.

2. Snesi_SU - did your kit come with a ballast and a HID bulb to fit in the projector? Did you buy a HID conversion kit to put into the projector lens?

our facelifts use H7 bulbs.

Cheers

Ok 2 more questions before I buy this. I managed to find one for about $140 on ebay.

Cheers

Ahh cool. Whats the difference between H7 and 9006? cause according to http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/A...eplacementGuide

2005 TOYOTA Corolla

Low beam headlamp

9006SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen

9006ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen

9006EB EcoBright - Your Environmental Choice

9006XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light

9006CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

High beam headlamp

9005SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen

9005ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen

9005EB EcoBright - Your Environmental Choice

9005XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light

9005CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

Cheers

Ahh cool. Whats the difference between H7 and 9006? cause according to http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/A...eplacementGuide

2005 TOYOTA Corolla

Low beam headlamp

9006SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen

9006ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen

9006EB EcoBright - Your Environmental Choice

9006XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light

9006CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

High beam headlamp

9005SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen

9005ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen

9005EB EcoBright - Your Environmental Choice

9005XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light

9005CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

h7 and 9006 are different

sylvania is an american company i believe...so they might be referring to the american corollas (they have different headlights).

Edited by chicken

Ok 3 more questions before I buy this. I managed to find one for about $140 on ebay.

1. What size bulbs are our cars? H7 or 9006(are they the same?) My car uses H4. but the kit is available in all of the bulb types

2. Snesi_SU - did your kit come with a ballast and a HID bulb to fit in the projector? Did you buy a HID conversion kit to put into the projector lens? Kit comes with everything including ballast, relay, bulbs, everything...

3. How does everything connect together? ie the bulb and angel eye to the ballast and the light stalk etc. Please follow this link http://shinehid.com/