PowerFC Conversion Harness

SuperDave

<p>Disclaimer:

Read this guide through completely before commencing to ensure that you are competent in doing the work yourself. By following this guide you are accepting full responsibility and I will not be held responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or anything else caused by following this guide.

I've decided to add the information for producing the conversion harness. The same cavet applies above, but also do NOT contact me with questions on where to obtain the plugs, pins, connectors, anything else to assemble these. I will also NOT be answering any questions regarding bugs or fault finding. This is followed at your own risk and I am in no way liable for any damage that occurs. Remember to check, re-check, and check again before installing the harness.

http://sdrv.ms/10esY23

Installation

1. Start by opening the bonnet and disconnecting the positive wire on the battery. We don't want any shorts and blowing any ECUs up.

2. Go to the Passenger foot well area and just under the glove box there are two plastic retainers, as seen in the image below. Remove these to get access to the stock ECU.

P1060019.jpg

3. Unplug the connectors from the stock ECU. Do not pull on the wires. Push down on the tab in the middle of the connector and pull while holding the connector. It may be a bit stiff as there is never a need to undo these in normal circumstances. If they are a bit stiff use a flat head screw driver to gently help the connector out. Put the blade between the connector and the socket and twist the blade.

• 3 years later...