Supercharged T-Sport + The new rolla ;-)

Hi Guys,

Just for those that are interested i found out toyota will be producing 1000 supercharged T-sports

250 will be coming to the UK a bunch going to Germany and other all over Europe. As it is a t-sport it doesnt appear there are plans for a supercharged sportivo......

Now the new corolla.......

Inside news has it that toyota is doing what audi does before it culls a shape/series of a car i.e produced a forced induction version and then completely alter the direction of the car......

So what is the rolla's new direction ????

Well im hear learning from BMW's experience with the 1 series + the success of the old Levins (AE86 i think it was) and going to a rear wheel drive :D :D :D

I dont have details of engine/shape etc etc etc but rear wheel drive looks like the move for the rolla ......

shhhhhh dont say anything to anyone ;) ;) ;) ;)

cheers

Bill

p.s. i take no responsibility if the above info is incorrect and actually doesnt happen ;) ;) ;)

What I hear is 180kw and 230MNm of torque. Those poor front wheels :D

Anyone seen the Astra HSV has been considering puting out. Also 180kw with standard 18" or optional 19" wheels :unsure: It looks pretty hot!

They have been looking at it for a while. All the magazines are just starting to pick up on it.

it's actually 176kw and 320Nm from a 2L turbo.

front disc brake size: 321 mm

rear disc brake size: 278 mm

225/45r18 are standard the optionals run 235/35r19 :blink:

there are also 2 lower variants of that same 2L turbo engine. a 170bhp and 200bhp version. the 176kw running gear can also be found in a ZAFIRA :D

Astra_vxr2_m.jpg

59093_p1.jpg

59093_p2.jpg

AstraVXR.jpg

Edited by shaohaok

Hi Guys,

Just for those that are interested i found out toyota will be producing 1000 supercharged T-sports

250 will be coming to the UK a bunch going to Germany and other all over Europe. As it is a t-sport it doesnt appear there are plans for a supercharged sportivo......

Yeah but, couldn't we get our hands on the genuine parts i.e. supercharger + ECU??

this is what always leaves me wondering and thinking ,okay lets say a supercharged rolla does come out, and te astra and soon on. what keeps me wondering is for example the they often charge 10 k + for a supercharged or turbo model of a vechicle. Sometime these prices are high that we can even put exactly wot its got and possibly even more on a standard model of the vechile with 3/4 of the price. My cousing purchased them new protons. 21 G bran new, tubo model was 29G, so he put the turbo in, and even more performance parts than without even paying 28 G . I think the best thing about cars is modifiy them yourself.. u decideee ;)

The reason why they usually charge so much more for the "Sport" models is that on top of the engine, suspension and brake changes, they'll also add in a nicer interior, better sound system, and visual changes such as body kit and nicer alloys.

It's because they sell it as a complete package that they'll ask for such a premium price. Usually when you stack all those things up, you can see where the extra money is.

yee but most are never satasfied with them, its still "stock", no matter how good they are.Even sportivos , people are changing the clucthes, fly wheels and even the systems . once again everyone is diffrent soo yee, i prefer the unique looks by customizing it

only if u have a lot of omeny, anything is possible. but for many people it depends on the priority. personally i want to have a performance car with the chepest price and it's even nicer when my car is under the warranty.

this is what always leaves me wondering and thinking ,okay lets say a supercharged rolla does come out, and te astra and soon on. what keeps me wondering is for example the they often charge 10 k + for a supercharged or turbo model of a vechicle. Sometime these prices are high that we can even put exactly wot its got and possibly even more on a standard model of the vechile with 3/4 of the price. My cousing purchased them new protons. 21 G bran new, tubo model was 29G, so he put the turbo in, and even more performance parts than without even paying 28 G . I think the best thing about cars is modifiy them yourself.. u decideee  ;)

Proton don't make any turbo models ... their best is the Satria GTi.

176kw and 320nm in the Astra will be nice but not in a FWD :( .. even if it has a really good LSD and traction control, the turbo doesn't do it any favours except burn those precious 18/19inch rubber..

Same with Stivo, its already struggling with 180nm of torque on the track coming out of tight bends, the Supercharger will only make the wheels spin up more? I'm having nightmares already..

Edited by ZEEROLLA