Oil for 2ZZ-GE engine

Hello from Greece

You might be able to give me some useful information about the proper engine oil for Corolla T Sport (your sportivo), especially since Australia and Greece may not differ too much in the range of temperatures.

According to our corolla's manual, oil SAE 5W-30 is reccomended only up to 10°C (50 Fahrenheit) for the 2ZZ-GE 1.8lt engine, while it can reach above 38°C for the other engines!

Could you please write what oil SAE is used by your Toyota dealerships for your sportivos?

My problem is that Toyota Hellas provides synthetic oil only with SAE 5W-40. However, since it also belongs to the 5W- family, I am not convinced that it would be OK for temperatures up to 40°C in the summer.

Edited by CTS03

according to our manual, 10w30 seems to be the best in terms of operating temps.

I agree but Greek Toyota dealerhips provide only semi-synthetic 10w40! And we are supposed to change oil only there for guarantee reasons.

Last time I decided to use semi-synthetic 10w40 instead of synthetic 5w40. But next time I will go to them with my own oil; synthetic 10w30 or 10w40 !

Could you have fully synthetic 10w30 oil from Toyota?

I did some search. It seems that 5w-40 and 10w-40 do not differ too much in viscosity specs, while 5w-30 is really different.

It is also rather impossible to find synthetic 10w-30 from any company.

I did some search. It seems that 5w-40 and 10w-40 do not differ too much in viscosity specs, while 5w-30 is really different. 

It is also rather impossible to find synthetic 10w-30 from any company.

Look to see if you can get FUCHS Titan Super GTO this is a fully synthetic 10W-30 oil which the corolla loves ;)