FOUND: Auto Fold Mirrors

Brad!

i contacted the ebayer and asked if it will fit, his reply was a link to the add again? it says they do rhd and lhd vehicles, so im ordering a set! i am mr guinea pig! if they dont fit watch the french fly! o and im putting a switch in so i can fold them at will also.... this only folding at key off position is no fun!

Edited by daniboy

So are you getting the heated option?

Are you legally allowed to remove, blank out and paint the original side indicators positions to make it look factory?

hook up to ignition so when ignition is switched on mirrors fold out, so when ya turn ya baby off in the carpark, they fold in auto off :) no switch mumbo jumbo...

Would be good if you can close on demand.

Useful when going thru a narrow alley.

Looks like with this, you'll need to turn your car off so that the side mirror closes and then push the car thru the alley ....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hook up to ignition so when ignition is switched on mirrors fold out, so when ya turn ya baby off in the carpark, they fold in auto off :) no switch mumbo jumbo...

Looks like with this, you'll need to turn your car off so that the side mirror closes and then push the car thru the alley ....

I would say that with a simple little modification to the wiring, you can make it close on demand. Would be p** easy to do as well.

I would say that with a simple little modification to the wiring, you can make it close on demand. Would be p** easy to do as well.

The module has a 3sec delay on folding/unfolding. if you put a switch probably a good idea to somehow remove that delay

okay..the ZRE model is for Altis (sedan corolla)... not Auris (hatchback corolla)

The mounting area is different...too bad

They are a JDM option if you want to go that path

http://toyota.jp/service/option/dc/webitem...&kind_cd=01

On a different note the Ford Tarus had switchable folding mirrors (I did not own it belonged to a friend, honest)

The module has a 3sec delay on folding/unfolding. if you put a switch probably a good idea to somehow remove that delay

lol have it to ignition just put a switch in it, when u go through your 'alley' lol flick the switch which so mirror thinks car is turned off.. ,

if they work i might get a pair, would you be leaving the indicator in the mirror?? might be abit weird to have the blinker on the side and mirror?

Recieved mirrors today awesome! Great quality, they are prefacelift zze shape thou not facelift shape, will update with pics tomorow

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

LOL jeremy. I think its a direct replacement so you can have prefacelift mirrors on your facelift :)

Recieved mirrors today awesome! Great quality, they are prefacelift zze shape thou not facelift shape, will update with pics tomorow

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :) :P hahahaahaa

Yeh they still fit the facelift fine! The shape of the mirror is just prefacelift shape so it's a bit curvier and not so square on the inside edge of it. They come with plugs on them but u have to rewire I popped the plug outer off and put the outer off my original mirrors on and then had to swap the wires around in the plug, so if your looking at the plug on the mirror from the wire side with the two pins to the top and three pins to the botom the top left wire shoul be black, bottom left is the red wire and top right is the other wire, remove the two wires that are cut off completely, will post pics later today, I still have to hook up my folding and indicators. They are slower than the stock ones when u r adjusting them I have noticed, but look sweet in the black match my tinting really well might not even paint them white yet.......