[VIC] Feb monthly meet, Sunday 27th February

Hey all,

As promised here's the topic for our Feb monthly meet which will of course be the "Bendigo meet"! It'll be on Sunday the 27th Feb (keeping with the tradition of meeting on the last Sunday of the month), meeting at 10:30am at Kyneton VicRoads (pictures to be provided soon).

We'll then be cruising to Bendigo via a few nice twisty country roads and a jaunt over part of Mt Alexander, stopping to take a few piccies and make sure everyone's still together :lol: Lunch will be at One Tree Hill Pub in Bendigo where it's easy for those that need to head home to get straight back out to the freeway, and for those that want to hang around a bit longer we'll be scouting out some more great locations, particularly for photos :D

To get all the "motherly" stuff out of the way whilst there are some twisty and challenging bits of road to provide a bit of fun I want to stress that this is a cruise, so no racing.

Essentials to bring:

- UHF if you want to chat to others along the way and to help us stay together

- Camera for all the hot shots we're going to take of our cars :lol:

- Money for lunch (they do have EFTPOS)

Looking forward to seeing you all there :D Hopefully mother nature will provide a good day for it!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Attendees:

1. Tash

2. Barb

3. benji4138 +2

4. 78_7kRolla

5. eviltwin +1

6. johnnieboi

7. dwee

8. jaderd

9. tofuboi +2

10. 1stKill

11. Kenshin X

12. le.vinh.zr +1

13. Zeinheiger

14. TroysRollaSX + friends Joel & Di (the photographers!)

15. kenpo??

16. Ying??

Edited by Tash

27th of Feb is my birthday guys, so I highly doubt this will be a yes from me.. dry.gif

Awww come on :) I will get cake!! There are a few birthdays in Feb so I'd say there will be a cake... :lol:

add me to the list..im too lazy to copy and paste the list and add myself ;)

Lol, will do Simon :)

27th of Feb is my birthday guys, so I highly doubt this will be a yes from me.. dry.gif

Awww come on :) I will get cake!! There are a few birthdays in Feb so I'd say there will be a cake... :lol:

That reminds me, we have to organise a cake, don't we ;)*wink wink nudge nudge* whistling.gif

And I wonder if we can get the One Tree Hill hotel to set aside some parking for us, as there was very little last time we went.

That reminds me, we have to organise a cake, don't we ;)*wink wink nudge nudge* whistling.gif

And I wonder if we can get the One Tree Hill hotel to set aside some parking for us, as there was very little last time we went.

Heheh yes, yes we do. Kenpo makes the third birthday of the month... :whistling:

That's a great idea, we'll have to ask them about that too. You keen for a run out to Lake Eppalock one night/Saturday or Sunday? If we do it on the weekend we could check out the route again and then other potential photo locations :D

Oh man Tash you didn't add me to the list. You know I'm comin' this time haha. :P

Oh well, add me to ze list of awesome attendees! It seems we have quite a few birthdays this month. Mine being on the 28th (day after) and one being on the actual day.

Sounds like cake is a must and is no longer a lie. :D

Also my mate Andrew is gonna make an appearance riding shotgun with my good self. He's looking to upgrade his lonely little Hyundai Getz in favor of something more.....reliable. :D

Here's a photo I prepared earlier of our meet point. VicRoads at Kyenton has approximately 30-40 spaces tops with plenty of driving room to maneuver cars if anyone wants a photo shot before we go. :)

post-1181-0-61275200-1296437352_thumb.jp

You can get to this location by taking the exit shown in the below picture off the Calder Freeway then at the BIG roundabout go straight through to Beauchamp Street. Which the VicRoads is the first right hand entrance.

NOTE: One is entry and the other driveway is exit. Be careful. :) I've tested this driveway with my car which is lowered, driveway entrance is safe as is the exit. :)

post-1181-0-16986000-1296437690_thumb.jp

We also have some videos of the Recon Run that Tash, Babs, Benji and myself did which show a Aurion's Roof view of the route (although Benji missed a turn) so it will give you an idea of road conditions etc.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

-----------

Overall I can't wait to go! :D I hope to see you all there!

Cheers for the pics Nathan and the help organising, as well as benji and Barb :D I will add you to the list of attendees now ;)

Meeting point is nice and easy to get to, make sure you take the second Exit to Kyneton (green Exit sign says Kyneton/Heathcote) and you'll hit a roundabout straight off the exit, follow it straight over (don't veer left, that takes you into down) and into the first driveway on the right ;) I will upload another aerial shot with some pretty arrows soon heheh

Heheh yes, yes we do. Kenpo makes the third birthday of the month... :whistling:

That's a great idea, we'll have to ask them about that too. You keen for a run out to Lake Eppalock one night/Saturday or Sunday? If we do it on the weekend we could check out the route again and then other potential photo locations :D

Sounds like fun, count me in :D

Also a note on I think it's part 2 of Nathan's videos, we wont be using any dirt road so don't let the video deter you, just missed a turn, lol

Below are just a couple of quick shots of where to go

Is the zoomed out version to show the exit and within the red rectangle is the next one

kynetonmeetuppoint1.jpg

Close view of the exit ramp and roundabout. Vicroads is circled in red and as can be seen there are plenty of parks :D

kynetonmeetuppoint.jpg

Very good point about the dirt! No dirt roads involved this time I promise :lol: There were a couple of sections with a few potholes/debris washed onto the road after the heavy rain but hopefully by then they'll have evened out again. At any rate in those parts if you stuck to the middle of the road they were easily avoidable ;)

I shall be there...can someone add me to the list please.

Cheers

Lee

Will do Lee ;)

if my cars all good, i'll be there ;)

It'll be good :) And if not you've gotta ride shotgun with someone else - we can make you hang out of the windows to take photos this time! :lol:

I shall be there...can someone add me to the list please.

Cheers

Lee

Will do Lee ;)

if my cars all good, i'll be there ;)

It'll be good :) And if not you've gotta ride shotgun with someone else - we can make you hang out of the windows to take photos this time! :lol:

fanks Tash :D

Well, I wasn't planning on doing anything for my Birthday. So I will let you know closer to the date... been 7 days a week at work lately

Attendees:

1. Tash

2. Barb

3. benji4138

4. 78_7kRolla

5. eviltwin + 1

6. johnnieboi

7. dwee

8. jaderd

9. tofuboi

10. 1stKill

11. Kenshin X

12. TroysRollaSX + friends: Joel & Di (the two that arrived in the black Fairlane to Bundoora Park, will hopefully be in Dis KE55, otherwise they'll be in the Fairlane), and my mate Aiden (Who turned up in the Merc, who said he'll probably go in a Daihatsu)

Looking forward to it, sounds like it will be another great day!

• 2 weeks later...

1. Tash

2. Barb

3. benji4138

4. 78_7kRolla

5. eviltwin + 1

6. johnnieboi

7. dwee

8. jaderd

9. tofuboi

10. 1stKill

11. Kenshin X

12. TroysRollaSX + friends: Joel & Di (the two that arrived in the black Fairlane to Bundoora Park, will hopefully be in Dis KE55, otherwise they'll be in the Fairlane), and my mate Aiden (Who turned up in the Merc, who said he'll probably go in a Daihatsu)

13. Zeinheiger

I'm in 100 percent, sounds like fun, I don't have a decent camera, so someone will have to take my shots for me :D

I gotta remind myself to wash my car before then :ph34r:

I'm in 100 percent, sounds like fun, I don't have a decent camera, so someone will have to take my shots for me :D

I gotta remind myself to wash my car before then :ph34r:

Excellent :D Can't wait to meet you and check out your car laugh.gif